Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Thargor wrote: »
    Doh, been ignoring coffee cups and plates since the start. Didnt realise there was a difference between suits, looks like Ill have a ghetto suit for day to day and the X01 for story missions, dont know why I care so much anyway I never use them :D

Game badly needs a way to tell your settlers to go gather materials, or a companion that runs around grabbing this stuff instead of 30 pipe pistols (Nick).

Heavy Combat armour (BoS is what I wear, though it's upgradeable to Polymer but I don't like the dirty white look), a nanofilliment Synth field helmet and ballistic fibre army fatigues - that's what you need, none of this Power Armour mullarkey! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Heavy Combat armour (BoS is what I wear, though it's upgradeable to Polymer but I don't like the dirty white look), a nanofilliment Synth field helmet and ballistic fibre army fatigues - that's what you need, none of this Power Armour mullarkey! :D

OverSeer's Arms, Militia Outfit with 110 Dam Resist from Railroad, Destroyers Helm & Chest. Some stat crap on legs. 250ish armour wandering around the gaff.

Shougeki wrote: »
    OverSeer's Arms, Militia Outfit with 110 Dam Resist from Railroad, Destroyers Helm & Chest. Some stat crap on legs. 250ish armour wandering around the gaff.

Are the Overseer's Arms the two arm bits you pick up in Vault 81 or whichever one it is? They're 11k a pop, I'm nearly tempted to kill everyone just for that.

Are there quests in Vault 81, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

There's a very exciting quest where you get to choose between a
    permanent health penalty or letting a child die!
    It's not even clear that that is what's going on, I didn't realise until two hours later. I then used console to spawn in the
    cure I had given to the kid

Are the Overseer's Arms the two arm bits you pick up in Vault 81 or whichever one it is? They're 11k a pop, I'm nearly tempted to kill everyone just for that.

Those are the ones. With my high charisma and +5 in charisma gear I think they came in about 6k or so? I havent changed them since i got them. Havent found anything with 22ARM on arms....

Just had a look here, and nope:
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_armor_and_clothing

[Also looks like I have Devastators gear, not destroyer's]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

I have 47 Fusion Cores and a full X01 set now. I am unstoppable.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Heh. After
    the arrival of the BoS airship
    I was on my way to do a Misc objective and I happened upon
    3 BoS lads hanging out in an APC
    . One of them was in power armour.

Now I'm not friends with them, we're sort of indifferent to eachother, but I plan on cozying up to them later possibly, so I didn't want to kill him for it. Just then
    a chopper showed up and they all started assaulting the supermutants at the water treatment plant.

I was going to carry on towards my objective, but I decided to stop and watch. Out of nowhere a sentry bot appears and starts duelling with the power armour guy. Explosions, miniguns, cracks of laser fire and then silence.
    The chopper lands and someone jumps on and away they go. I run over and collect sentry bot loot and all parts of a BoS II T-60 suit (bar the frame obviously, but I've loads of those).
    I love that sort of emergent gameplay. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Believe you are thinking of a scavenging station.....
    3 pieces of junk a day, Ill have my upgraded X01 in no time! :D

Im still wearing the Gas Mask I took off the first guy I killed at the Museum of Freedom on the first day! There is zero functional headgear in this game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Only a few main quests for me to complete and I want to finish them tonight. Once they are completed, I will take a rest from the game as I have ploughed 145 hours into it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Agree on the power armor bit - I used it more or less completely through my first playthrough. Now doing it again I haven't used it once apart from the first mission where you have to use it.

As well as getting good armor, you can wear an outfit underneath and mod it up using Ballistic Weave which adds I believe another 110 DR

Im still wearing the Gas Mask I took off the first guy I killed at the Museum of Freedom on the first day! There is zero functional headgear in this game...

Destroyer's helmet
    DAM Resist 13
    Energy Resist 13
    Charisma +1
    Intelligence +1
    with Patrolmans Sunglasses for +1 PERC

Zillah wrote: »
    There's a very exciting quest where you get to choose between a
    permanent health penalty or letting a child die!
    It's not even clear that that is what's going on, I didn't realise until two hours later. I then used console to spawn in the
    cure I had given to the kid

I'd like to think I'm living life in the wasteland as morally and righteously as I do real life.
    That kid is toast.

Those are the ones. With my high charisma and +5 in charisma gear I think they came in about 6k or so? I havent changed them since i got them. Havent found anything with 22ARM on arms....

Just had a look here, and nope:
    http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_armor_and_clothing

[Also looks like I have Devastators gear, not destroyer's]

I think I'm 8 CHR, but I've got Reginald's suit, a pompadour wig (or militia hat) and black rimmed glasses, so I'm up at around 13 CHR. Must go back for another look, but I've blown all my wedge on shipments of stuff because I thought I could build a massive castle. Turns out you can only build so much :(

Edit: Do all enemies eventually respawn? I had to clear out a place for Sanctuary Hills, but Sully Mathis was the lad at the end again. I'd already killed him earlier in the game. Does this mean if I go back to all the Gunner spots, guys like Captain Wes and Cruz will be alive again? Bit annoyed when I saw Sully again.

Eh, Sea Captain's hat. +2 Endurance and damn spiffy too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

You can put ballistic weave on some hats as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

Lockheed wrote: »
    I think that the dad in the beginning is the future protagainist.
    I feel like i just found out something big, what is the significance of this family? The man at the end looks just like the dad in the beginning, so....
    2_zps9snun9fz.jpg
    Capture_zpscsm1us3k.jpg
    dsda_zps5pydquav.jpg
    This also explains why the dog goes into the house, and then to the man, he remembers his smell.....

I just remembered I made this post 6 months ago, i was pretty much right lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I think I'm 8 CHR, but I've got Reginald's suit, a pompadour wig (or militia hat) and black rimmed glasses, so I'm up at around 13 CHR. Must go back for another look, but I've blown all my wedge on shipments of stuff because I thought I could build a massive castle. Turns out you can only build so much :(

Edit: Do all enemies eventually respawn? I had to clear out a place for Sanctuary Hills, but Sully Mathis was the lad at the end again. I'd already killed him earlier in the game. Does this mean if I go back to all the Gunner spots, guys like Captain Wes and Cruz will be alive again? Bit annoyed when I saw Sully again.

I've heard picket fences magazines increase your build limit. I haven't tested it though.

I've noticed the respawns but only after another mission was triggered in the same location.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think I burnt myself out with the Minutemen at the start. Went on a tear to meet BOS, Railroad people and Institute, found all of them very boring and had no inteterst in helping any of them or finding out what makes them tick. Just gonna fly through to the end, see what it's all about. Playing on Hard but mauling everyone with just a pistol, need to up the difficulty. Pity they didn't have more interesting characters like Nick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I think I burnt myself out with the Minutemen at the start. Went on a tear to meet BOS, Railroad people and Institute, found all of them very boring and had no inteterst in helping any of them or finding out what makes them tick. Just gonna fly through to the end, see what it's all about. Playing on Hard but mauling everyone with just a pistol, need to up the difficulty. Pity they didn't have more interesting characters like Nick.

On my first play-through I did almost the exact same thing. Did lots of minutemen stuff, got tired of it and then tore into the main quests. This time I'm trying do lots more side stuff first because I found myself bored once I had completed the main quest line

To be honest, the side quests can get a bit repetitive but they bring me to places that I might not have discovered otherwise so that's the big plus for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I have the
    Killer Weave
    mod but it doesn't appear in the
    armor or weapon stations
    . How do I use it? What does it work on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Am I the only who found out now that are 4 magazines you can get that unlock more stuff for your settlements - like statues and high tech lights ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭ForstalDave

Soby wrote: »
    Am I the only who found out now that are 4 magazines you can get that unlock more stuff for your settlements - like statues and high tech lights ? :P

Picket fences give new build option plus one other magazine gives something also

Modded the Overseer's Guardian and, my God, it's immense. Took down a Super Mutant Behemoth with ease.

Modded the Overseer's Guardian and, my God, it's immense. Took down a Super Mutant Behemoth with ease.
    Yup. I was reading about people bitching about the Queen in the castle, and I was like "Huh, Fat Man? Half dozen or so pops of this bad boy and she is sleepin with the fishes..."

Why are so much of the good weapons in this game just for sale from a vendor though? There should be quests associated with things like that.

Why are so much of the good weapons in this game just for sale from a vendor though? There should be quests associated with things like that.

Yup. Overseers is well overpowered. It was so good, I went back and got the armour, and turns out that is BIS also. Go figure. My first few perks were for scavenging, so I had loadsa caps in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Picket fences give new build option plus one other magazine gives something also

You can get garden/ patio furniture.

• Advertisement

Because Bethesda are lazy and sloppy and have an overpowering fear of actually tying together any of the incoherent, unwieldy smorgasbord of content they create. They put it all into a bucket, splash it out over the map, then publish.

Advertisement