Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Modded the Overseer's Guardian and, my God, it's immense. Took down a Super Mutant Behemoth with ease.

Stick a silencer on it a max out the Mr Sandman perk for extra damage

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The quests in this really are piss poor. Maybe i've just missed them, but bar the procedural ones (and the main quest i suppose) there's almost none worth doing. Not sure what they were thinking tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Kiith wrote: »
    The quests in this really are piss poor. Maybe i've just missed them, but bar the procedural ones (and the main quest i suppose) there's almost none worth doing. Not sure what they were thinking tbh.

I agree alot of the side quests are just clear out bandits etc.. and then go back and repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Kiith wrote: »

I still have my rose-tinted glasses on so I'm gonna say eff you :cool::pac:

It really feels that they've somewhat nerfed the game. You can buy weapons like the Overseer's gun quite early on and mod it too, so that it can take out even the most powerful enemies. Plus the companions, added in with the various extra fire power you can call in (
    Artillery from Minutemen, nukes from the Yangtze, whatever else there might be
    ), the additional crews you can call in for back-up (
    Synths, Minutemen, Brotherhood of Steel
    ). And there's Stimpacks in almost every corner of every building you enter (it might be different on hard mode, I've no idea).

I mean, I'm enjoying the various aspects of exploration, but I'm really starting to run out of things to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Come on over baby,
    Whole lotta shakin' goin' on,
    Come on over baby,
    Baby you can't go wrong,
    Ain't nobody fakin',
    Whole lotta shakin' goin' on.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

(
    nukes from the Yangtze
    )

I beg your fucking pardon?

EDIT: Oh yes, I remembering hear about that location before. I didn't realise that was a perk at the end of it. It's so annoying how you can put hundreds of hours into this game and still not find all the best bits.

Zillah wrote: »

Did you not play that mission?

Make your way out to here (link contains side-mission spoilers, nothing to do with main story) and keep your eye out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Found vault 81 last night.

Went on a murder spree there cause they had 3 items I really wanted and could not afford.

Turns out you cant raid someones item listings after they are dead.

Oh yeah, and I didn't get the side mission.

allibastor wrote: »
    Found vault 81 last night.

Went on a murder spree there cause they had 3 items I really wanted and could not afford.

Turns out you cant raid someones item listings after they are dead.

Oh yeah, and I didn't get the side mission.

Do you have any saves from before then? If so, I'd really revert back and wait until you can afford the weapons.

• Advertisement

Do you have any saves from before then? If so, I'd really revert back and wait until you can afford the weapons.

Ah I do, I saved just before going on my murder rampage.

It is Gas though, I am level 35 now, I uses the Mantis Greave, Champion left arm, some other right leg thing all with perks, then uses heav combat chest and right arm. My damage is up to over 110 already, and I took out about 20+ in the vault with no stimpak use.

I beat a Mirelurk queen and Alpha deathclaw to death with my modified Chinese officers sword.

I feel I dont really even need power armor now anymore.

I feel I dont really even need power armor now anymore.

I turned the difficulty up to Very Hard quite quickly. Still easy. Especially with power armor.

EDIT: Oh yes, I remembering hear about that location before. I didn't realise that was a perk at the end of it. It's so annoying how you can put hundreds of hours into this game and still not find all the best bits.

It's not really a perk as such.. I haven't used it yet, but from what I can gather, it's just a one use item.

Can you make more artillery grenades? I may have used the majority of them blowing up Nick.

Can you make more artillery grenades? I may have used the majority of them blowing up Nick.

10 fresh ones appear in the Sanctuary workshop now and then.

85% of the time that I tried to use them I sat there until I got an announcement that I was too far away. Despite making a dozen settlements purely to serve as artillery outposts.

So much potential, so poorly implemented.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Yeah, I havent even done the silencer/MrSandman nonsense on the Guardian, and irt is still ridiculous

I turned the difficulty up to Very Hard quite quickly. Still easy. Especially with power armor.

I am on hard myself, and still Take out a deathclaw with very little effort.

At this stage Dogmeat is doing most of my killing for me!!! I just kind of stand there and try and cripple with VATS

I am still also no closer to going to Diamond City!!!! I dont feel the need to yet until I am some form of over powered Behemoth!

Do the perks above level 10 make much difference? I use modded armor now to have lime 12 in most things, but look ****e

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Did you kill the children? You monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I am still also no closer to going to Diamond City!!!! I dont feel the need to yet until I am some form of over powered Behemoth!

If I was playing it again for the first time I would go to Diamond City earlier. You can get a few decent quests in there and some side quests that encourage you to explore the map while still avoiding the main quest if that's your goal.

If I was playing it again for the first time I would go to Diamond City earlier. You can get a few decent quests in there and some side quests that encourage you to explore the map while still avoiding the main quest if that's your goal.

I have a very large chunk of the map explored, I just kind of head off in a direction and find new spots.

I kind of think the map has too many places to find, Like a wasteland it is not! There are literal tons of places where people live and survive.

I have a very large chunk of the map explored, I just kind of head off in a direction and find new spots.

I kind of think the map has too many places to find, Like a wasteland it is not! There are literal tons of places where people live and survive.

It's 210 years after the bombs dropped. To be honest, there should be more places where people thrive. :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It's 210 years after the bombs dropped. To be honest, there should be more places where people thrive. :P

I'd agree with this. It's over 200 years since the nuclear holocaust. Like to think humanity is emerging and rebuilding at a steady pace. Kind of like the dark ages into the middle ages.

As In i find it very crowed is what I meant!

Like with raiders and super mutants and death claws and all that you would imagine people wouldn't be sleeping in car underpasses. Which I did find, it was funny.

I would have imagened by now that a few more cities would have sprang up, bigger and all that.

I think Bethesda have messed up the timeline to be honest. I reckon the world as we see it would make more sense if it was 30 years later rather than 210, but sure it's fun either way so I try not to overthink it!

What I really felt lacking was the karma system.

What I really felt lacking was the karma system.

God, yeah that was shocking.

I murdered the whole of Vault 81, only to come back and the survivors didnt even look at me funny.

On the look of humanity, yeah, one would think that the place wouldn't still be full of debris in major places, so seriously lazy people alive who cant scavenge, I mean I passed whole piles of rubble with full bricks in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

This is a great look at the games problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqkZXNZwZq4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This is a great look at the games problems: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqkZXNZwZq4

As much as i loved the original Fallout games i have come to terms that the newer Fallout games are changed and have to appeal to a wider audience, because money. I would love if the next Fallout was a throwback to the first games like how Obsidian did with Pillars of Eternity but i just can't see it happening. And before you say it, Wasteland 2 was good but it somewhat lite on the RPG elements.

This is really good. I never could quite get over the transition from "I will do X because that is what my character would do" to "I will do Y because I am the player and that is a thing to do in the game".

In the end that's how I chose a faction. None of the options made any damn sense from a roleplaying point of view so I just reminded myself that it is a game and I'm just doing shit because that's what you do in a game.

I much prefer the former, and I think it makes for a far more enthralling experience, but there's nothing inherently wrong about the latter. It is the difference, though, between feeling confused, let down and empty over the end in Fallout 4, and feeling haunted and mesmerised by the ending of, say, Planescape.

He's also absolutely spot on about FA4 SPECIAL forcing you to be generic. Locking things behind level caps is idiotic. So what if my low level character maxes out stealth and nothing else? I want to get good at sneaking as quickly as possible - would that really be the end of the world? There are still a million other things I'm terrible at.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Was Brother Simon of any importance? Was chatting to him, then BOOM! ****ing Vertibird fell out of the sky, decapitating him and most of the other people there. Meself and Danse were saved by the handy T-60's.

Nearly **** meself.

• Advertisement

Was Brother Simon of any importance? Was chatting to him, then BOOM! ****ing Vertibird fell out of the sky, decapitating him and most of the other people there. Meself and Danse were saved by the handy T-60's.

Nearly **** meself.

Pretty nifty questline actually.

Advertisement