Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

I had a very frustrating evening playing Fallout last night. I was playing a mission where it was the point of no return between two of the factions. I had to retrieve something from a building for one of them. I started on the top floor of this building and worked my way down through all the levels.

I realised I'd missed something right at the top so I took the elevator back up, which is no joke due to the loading times on console. I found what I'd missed and had to take the elevator back down to the lobby. The problem is that when I get to the lobby the doors don't open. I'm totally stuck in the elevator.

So I decide to go back up and see what happens. What does happen is that once the loading screen finally finishes I find myself loaded back into world without the elevator or most of the building. If I move I just fall to my death. Reloading the last save the exact same thing happens.

I'll have to back a few hours now.

Quick saving is your friend. I quicksave pretty much once every few minutes and set save points before I do anything potentially game changing, just in case I dislike what happens after.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

J. Marston wrote: »
    Saw a great post on Reddit that explained better than I ever could why I find so difficult to get invested in the world.

To give it context, it was in response to this gif...

http://i.imgur.com/hi0iuhb.gifv
    Totally agree, Im stillenjoying it though but Im working towards the end now and wont be bothering with DLC, wide as an ocean shallow as a puddle as they say, Bethesda will have to do something special to get me to play another one of these games again, whether in the Fallout or Elder Scrolls universes...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally started this last night....its fecking awesome!

Have just upgraded an Enraging Crank Laser Musket to Six Cranks and, my God, the noise it makes when fully cranked and fired is immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Quick saving is your friend. I quicksave pretty much once every few minutes and set save points before I do anything potentially game changing, just in case I dislike what happens after.

I do quicksave quite often. Problem is that my last three quicksaves still result in the same scenario. I'm going back to my last hard save in the hope that I can continue.

• Advertisement

Was there an update recently that added new songs? Because I'm after hearing a few songs that I hadn't before on the Diamond radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Up near Salem last night and a few Synths came in the hotel (think this was a random event, so not a spoiler). They were friendly to me, but they blitzed everything else. I let them at it until I saw one of them beat a cat to death with one of their batons. I don't like cats, but that annoyed me, so I blew them to sh1t.

Have just upgraded an Enraging Crank Laser Musket to Six Cranks and, my God, the noise it makes when fully cranked and fired is immense.
    Wheres the auto-crank mod for them though? Too much of a pain in the ass winding them up every time...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Up near Salem last night and a few Synths came in the hotel (think this was a random event, so not a spoiler). They were friendly to me, but they blitzed everything else. I let them at it until I saw one of them beat a cat to death with one of their batons. I don't like cats, but that annoyed me, so I blew them to sh1t.

Do many random events like that happen?

Do many random events like that happen?

I've not seen them come into a building I've just entered before, but they've already been in one or I've met plenty outside. There was a bit of conversation from the residents of the building which alerted me to the presence of another before they got shot to hell by the Synths, so it may have been scripted (I don't want to give too much away, even though it's only a tiny thing).

• Advertisement

Another funny inconsistent dialogue tree -
    Just after returning to add Piper as a Companion. Hadn't gone near her since I sided with the Institute and she was really angry with me. That conversation ended and when I talked to her again, she went straight to being super happy and really wanting to join me
    . It's on par with the likes of Oblivion, where the voice actors would change midway talking to an NPC. The karma system would have hugely helped in this case, where they actually reacted to my choices.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Was there an update recently that added new songs? Because I'm after hearing a few songs that I hadn't before on the Diamond radio.

I believe more music opens up with the story. I had the same thing a few weeks ago.

[I then went ah fcuk it, and installed a mod with another 80 songs anyways :P]

Another funny inconsistent dialogue tree -
    Just after returning to add Piper as a Companion. Hadn't gone near her since I sided with the Institute and she was really angry with me. That conversation ended and when I talked to her again, she went straight to being super happy and really wanting to join me
    . It's on par with the likes of Oblivion, where the voice actors would change midway talking to an NPC. The karma system would have hugely helped in this case, where they actually reacted to my choices.

Was there any particular reason you
    sided with the Institute
    ? I'm just curious, haven't gone down that path yet myself.

Was there any particular reason you
    sided with the Institute
    ? I'm just curious, haven't gone down that path yet myself.
    Mainly because I thought the Brotherhood of Steel were arseholes
    . Genuinely no other reason really apart from that :pac:

Yeah, I'd agree with that!
    It's very hard to like any of the factions, really. The Railroad are gowls too!

Yea, that's another big issue - you're supposed to pick between these factions and none of them are that great or even that compelling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Reminds me of the witcher. Screw everyone because you're all assholes.

Reminds me of the witcher. Screw everyone because you're all assholes.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at least with the Witcher you didn't necessarily have to pick sides at all. With this, you were forced to and had to identify with one of them on a personal level, but was more a case of:

BoS: Assholes
    Initiate: Assholes
    Railroad: Assholes
    Minutemen: Repetitive Assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I am 49 hours in, I have done one quest with Paladin space marine, loads for Minute men, whichare the settlement ones. None for anyone else.

No sign of Diamond city yet or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Correct me if I'm wrong, but at least with the Witcher you didn't necessarily have to pick sides at all. With this, you were forced to and had to identify with one of them on a personal level, but was more a case of:

Come on, they're much more varied than that.

BOS: Military assholes
    Institute: Scientific Assholes
    Railroad: Hippy Assholes
    Minutemen: Preston Garvey is a boring asshole

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Yeah, you just avoided some quests that involved fighting against the other side and it made you neutral.

Haven't had to pick a side yet, trying to do everything with each of them before I do, but it would be good if you could just sit back and let them kill each other or make them all peaceful.

Trying to get Preston Garveys perk might actually make me quit this game. "That was great work, thanks, but now I have one more job for you..." Come on you boring bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Thargor wrote: »
    Trying to get Preston Garveys perk might actually make me quit this game. "That was great work, thanks, but now I have one more job for you..." Come on you boring bastard!

Your bringing him as a companion right?

I only joined the Railroad to see what quests I could get. Can't stand the self-righteousness. I completely and utterly lied through my teeth when I told yer one I would
    lay down my life for a synth
    . Catch yourself on, love!

The Institute are actually the ones I mind the least for some reason, they seem the soundest. The Minutemen are simpletons, really.

Your bringing him as a companion right?
    Yep, and he adores me and twice called me over to praise me but still no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp agreed about the factions. I'm at the point 'End of The Line'. I already pissed off BOS but made a save and will go back to finish their quests later but not looking forward to it as they're just a bunch of gowls. Railroad are annoying dopes, Minutemen are helpless dopes although they seem to be the only ones who want to help people. i.e make YOU help people. I'm siding with the Institute who are also assholes but at least they have shiny living quarters. I can't believe there isn't 1 likable character in ANY of the factions.

Matter of fact, the ONLY character I like in the game is Nick (and maybe Macready).

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Matter of fact, the ONLY character I like in the game is Nick (and maybe Macready).

Strong is a legend. McCready and Cait are a bit annoying in that they throw in their opinions when people are speaking, especially Cait. But Strong throws in stuff that's funny, genuinely laugh out loud at some of the stuff he comes out with.

Must finish off Nick's questline to see what he's all about!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Strong is a legend. McCready and Cait are a bit annoying in that they throw in their opinions when people are speaking, especially Cait. But Strong throws in stuff that's funny, genuinely laugh out loud at some of the stuff he comes out with.

Must finish off Nick's questline to see what he's all about!

Ah yeah Strong is class, stopped bringing him as he didn't like anything I did. Nick has a great personal quest but I'm just bringing Dogmeat around me with me now as he's the only one who isn't watching everything I do waiting to judge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭nasty_crash

Ok so firstly i love fallout - think its well put together - yes there is the random glitch of walking on mutfruit etc. but all in all i like the gameplay and enjoy the map etc. I absolutely agree with the 2 points being made - you think that there would be far more Colonies with Human Government systems in place - expanding on diamond city! Also agree that non of the factions actually interest you that much - im sick of the minutemen at this stage - oh preston needs to talk to you... save these people - get a settlement.... urgh!

But my biggest gripe was the main storyline - i was playing it for about 2 days when I noticed that i was doing loads of side quests and not the main quest and started to prioritise the main quest! As much as the map is huge - there are loads of side missions etc - i just found the main storyline short - and kinda ended abruptly! I felt kinda like is that it....

I do love it - have loads of settlements etc - and enjoy bartering and exploring etc.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Ah yeah Strong is class, stopped bringing him as he didn't like anything I did. Nick has a great personal quest but I'm just bringing Dogmeat around me with me now as he's the only one who isn't watching everything I do waiting to judge me.
    Lone wanderer perk works with Dogmeat in tow.

Advertisement