Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

biggebruv wrote: »
    this is my first fallout game and im struggling to get into it TBH

i dont know whats a story mission and whats side filler missions in the pipboy list.

it started off alright then when your in the world after you escape the underground lab its kinda boring it feels like nothings happening at all

Well, you're looking for your son, so you'll need to go to Diamond City to get that started, that's your main mission. Everything else is a sidemission.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

biggebruv wrote: »
    this is my first fallout game and im struggling to get into it TBH

i dont know whats a story mission and whats side filler missions in the pipboy list.
    l

Main story missions have a moving image to the right, secondary/side (not story) have an image only. Filler fetch quests have nothing.

Only story missions advance the plot and you dont have to do any of them.

I went on a 50 hour walk before I went to diamond city.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Steve McQuarrie

Ouch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Ouch

?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bumped his head after his first post - it happens

I didnt go near Dcity for ages either, way more fun to go my own way and come back and do the linear stuff when i get bored

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Wish there was underground rail tunnels like in fo3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Wish there was underground rail tunnels like in fo3
    There are a few but they're much smaller than the ones in the Capital Wasteland.

I think I ended up in Diamond City by accident.
    when I joined the institute
    and returned to Piper, she acted all high and mighty, which was funny because I had only met her once before that, for maybe 20 minutes.

The Karma system/branching decision tree should have ruled out companions across the board and not just those ones tied directly to each faction, like Danse.
    if you side with BoS, Valentine should be ruled out, because they want his destruction. If you side with the Institute, the likes of Piper should be

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Mycroft H wrote: »
    It's cheap on Cdkeys for a steam key. 32 euros.

http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/fallout-4-pc-cd-key-steam

How does this work? I didn't know it was possible to download stuff off steam unless you'd already bought it from them.

Also has anyone bought Season Pass and was it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Toots wrote: »
    How does this work? I didn't know it was possible to download stuff off steam unless you'd already bought it from them.

Also has anyone bought Season Pass and was it worth it?

Buy the key using paypal or your credit card directly. I recommend paypal.

You then get a passcode emailed to your phone which is used on the website to retrieve the game key.

Write down the key.

Open the steam client and down the bottom left there is "Add a game". Click on it and then on "Activate a Product on Steam". Few check boxes and enter your key. Boom. Game added and should be downloading straight away.

It's the same if you bought a steam game of GOG or Humble Bundle or such.

• Advertisement

I dunno about the season pass yet. It all depends on how much DLC is released. Though there was loads for New Vegas...

To me, it just seems absolutely pointless to buy a season pass in the blind, just because you could end up spending however much it costs, to get absolutely nada. For every Minerva's Den, you could get Mothership Zeta. (Yes, different franchises, but you get my point!)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks guys!! Looks like I know what I'll be playing tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

To me, it just seems absolutely pointless to buy a season pass in the blind, just because you could end up spending however much it costs, to get absolutely nada. For every Minerva's Den, you could get Mothership Zeta. (Yes, different franchises, but you get my point!)

Pre ordering any game these days (excluding limited/special editions), and buying season passes are two things people should not do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Anyone come across the christmas trees?

I found two. One in
    diamond city
    and another in the very freaky and creepy
    car park maze

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Haven't really put much into this since i bought it. At most around 25hrs and that would be stretching it.
    I'm just not getting into it and i don't know why. Everything feels flat... Characters,Quests,Combat etc.

Maybe it's because i had just finished the Witcher before coming back. Gonna try put a few hours in now and see how i feel.

Well I'm addicted. Never played a Fallout game before, and clearly I've been missing out! My sleeping pattern is going to be destroyed by this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Haven't really put much into this since i bought it. At most around 25hrs and that would be stretching it.
    I'm just not getting into it and i don't know why. Everything feels flat... Characters,Quests,Combat etc.

Maybe it's because i had just finished the Witcher before coming back. Gonna try put a few hours in now and see how i feel.

this is me

but i did get more into it as the game went on but so far its okay to me not amazing like i was expecting it to be

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

First time playing any Fallout game and started playing I'm liking it having some problems ammo running out and well I've also been a bit crap at killing enemies but I think I'm getting better

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just a few more trophies left to get platinum and then will prepare my end game save for whenever the first dlc comes out before giving this a break for a while. I wonder what the DLC will be based on and when it will be released.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

dreamers75 wrote: »

An absurd waste of a life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is it possible to use a stimpak on a specific limb like in 3 and if so how? PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

weiland79 wrote: »
    Is it possible to use a stimpak on a specific limb like in 3 and if so how? PS4
    There's no need. Limbs are healed anytime you use a stimpak.

Biggest thing I miss from Fallout 3/NV. Doctor's Bags! It's a bit of a break of immersion when crippled limbs are fixed by stimpacks.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Biggest thing I miss from Fallout 3/NV. Doctor's Bags! It's a bit of a break of immersion when crippled limbs are fixed by stimpacks.

Worse still you don't even have to use them on an affected limb

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Is there any benefit to holding on to books after I've read them or should I just sell them?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Game seems to be on short supply at the moment. Anyone pick up a post Xmas copy for PS4 anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

faceman wrote: »
    Game seems to be on short supply at the moment. Anyone pick up a post Xmas copy for PS4 anywhere?

Is 49 euro in hmv/ xtra vision right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

45 in argos

Advertisement