Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Unfortunately Argos and Smyths are out of stock at the moment. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

The one thing that was starting to annoy me was the carry weight. Especially sine you've to collect nearly everything to keep the modding/settlements going. So, even with Deep Pocketed armor, and a companions carry weight, i found myself bogged down half way through clearing some place/a mission. For that reason, i've cheated slightly. I've used console commands to increase the weight limit. And it's done the world of good for me. I was starting to dislike playing because of the constant going back and forth to settlements to clear out the inventory. Now, i don't have to go back as often, and it's made the game more enjoyable.

Never had this issue with previous Fallouts, or any other weight limit RPG's (maybe The Witcher 3, but that game was so awesome i overlooked it). It's the settlements faults!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I finished the main story yesterday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

faceman wrote: »
    Unfortunately Argos and Smyths are out of stock at the moment. :(

Read this as Argos and Synths....

dsmythy wrote: »
    Read this as Argos and Synths....

And I just read your name as dsynthy :o Damn you fallouuuutt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

So when riding in vertibird under attack, is it possible for it to get blown up?

I see em being taking out all the time but never happened while i'm in one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Never had this issue with previous Fallouts, or any other weight limit RPG's (maybe The Witcher 3, but that game was so awesome i overlooked it). It's the settlements faults!

You obviously have never played Skyrim!!!

I am also struggling with this at the moment and I refuse to use my levelers on carry weight. I am just fast travelling to each settlement when I am full up and dumping all the bits.

It's working, for the moment....

god's toy wrote: »
    So when riding in vertibird under attack, is it possible for it to get blown up?

I see em being taking out all the time but never happened while i'm in one.

I'd say it's possible. I remember a vertibird I was in getting damaged from enemy fire and I though it was going to explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I'd say it's possible. I remember a vertibird I was in getting damaged from enemy fire and I though it was going to explode.

The first vertibird you get in for the BOS mission was damaged before I got in it for some reason. It blew up during the mission and I was left ragdolling by my ankle from a tree for half a minute before fallout down. Survived in power armor though.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    The first vertibird you get in for the BOS mission was damaged before I got in it for some reason. It blew up during the mission and I was left ragdolling by my ankle from a tree for half a minute before fallout down. Survived in power armor though.

I would like if something like that happened to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I was in the water with Piper crossing the sea. I got out of the water but she maintained to swim across the land all the way to diamond city. Even fast travel didn't solve it .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Sometimes Radscorpions hit me and send me flying across the map, need to be wearing power armour to survive, sometimes they tunnel out of the ground and then fly into the air and die when they come back down, in the Glowing Sea I often hear a ka-ching and get some experience, looks like its raining radscorpions again... No other enemy behaves like this.

Weird thing is its faster to get punted across the map by a radscorpion than it would be to fast travel to the same destination and sit through the loadscreen, developers should have exploited this glitch for faster load times.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Oh my god I just accidentally used my last mini nuke on a frickin bloatfly!! I forgot to unequip the Fat Man after killing a pile of super mutants!! Aaaaargh!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Just got freefall leg armor.

Anyone else get two different looks for each leg?

allibastor wrote: »
    Just got freefall leg armor.

Anyone else get two different looks for each leg?

Both synth, one heavy and one light. I think you only need one equiped for the perk.

Both synth, one heavy and one light. I think you only need one equiped for the perk.

Mine are combat armor, heavy and light.

And both need to be equipped, I tried and it didn't go well

Has anyone seen a guide for how far you can take the end faction missions before you're locked out of any of them?
    Ive built Liberty Prime, Im about to free 13 Synths and the Insitute wants to meet a Courser and capture a synth...

allibastor wrote: »
    Mine are combat armor, heavy and light.

And both need to be equipped, I tried and it didn't go well

I'll double check the type later. I could be wrong.

I made the mistake of using the when I was over encumbered, that didn't go well either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep just confirmed to myself they can blow up while taking you from A to B :)
    Was making sure it was flown over places of heavy lazer fire. was fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Where's a good place to buy the vault dwellers guide?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Got a copy in HMV and going to boot it up later.

Any tips or advice? (I'm not a Fallout virgin, I completed 3 and New Vegas)

Put at at least 6 points into charisma. You need it for the local leader perk and managing settlements.

Hold tab turns on the pipboy light. Hold r holsters your gun.

You can use cover by walking behind something then holding aim shifts you out and releasing it puts you back in cover.

You need to hit space to use criticle attacks in vats.

You can link settlement workshops with local leader 2.

You can miss some things that really should be explained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Get idiot savant with 5 luck. Even with high int it is still good.

Put at at least 6 points into charisma. You need it for the local leader perk and managing settlements.

Hold tab turns on the pipboy light. Hold r holsters your gun.

You can use cover by walking behind something then holding aim shifts you out and releasing it puts you back in cover.

You need to hit space to use criticle attacks in vats.

You can link settlement workshops with local leader 2.

You can miss some things that really should be explained.

Or just skip that whole pointless broken settlement system.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Thargor wrote: »
    Or just skip that whole pointless broken settlement system.

Amen to that

I put way too much stock into charisma on my 1st play-through when Perception, Intelligence and Agility are all more important IMO

Exact same for me, I just dump everything into the workshop at Red Rocket and do all my upgrading there, dump all power armour and companions there aswell just to save having to look for them.

Is there anyway to find older power armor suits?

I took a modded one off ages back, left it somewhere, but I have since used a new suit now can't see old one on map.it had all good mods too which I have to rebuild again as they are in use !! It's a pain managing things in this game

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

It should be wherever you left it. But as far as I know only the most recently used suit shows up on the map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Thargor wrote: »
    Has anyone seen a guide for how far you can take the end faction missions before you're locked out of any of them?
    Ive built Liberty Prime, Im about to free 13 Synths and the Insitute wants to meet a Courser and capture a synth...
    You can take the institute a bit further. With the railroad you're pretty close.

Luckily the game warns you when you start a mission that will alienate any of the others. Though it doesn't do this for the eventual 'kill faction x' missions but really that's self explanatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Quests are drying up for me.

I know I am still missing two vaults so I'll try find them next.

I've had that railroad mission for ages but it just brings me to swan's pond and it's not clear what to do from there.

Any other Quests left? Obviously there are radiant BoS and Minutmen ones left but I don't think they will spark anything more significant.

Even if they aren't actually Quests, even self contained places with their own back story.

Advertisement