Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

noodler wrote: »
    I've had that railroad mission for ages but it just brings me to swan's pond and it's not clear what to do from there.
    There's a monument with a lantern next to it and on the ground near it is a red line. Follow the red line.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got the benevolent leader trophy today. Just one more for platinum (reach rank 50). Shame on you Bethesda for that settlement one, that was the opposite of fun. Would have left it off but my slight OCD would have been niggling at me.

Still haven't changed out of my Silver Shroud outfit, wouldn't mind changing it up but nothing else comes close.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got the benevolent leader trophy today. Just one more for platinum (reach rank 50). Shame on you Bethesda for that settlement one, that was the opposite of fun. Would have left it off but my slight OCD would have been niggling at me.

Still haven't changed out of my Silver Shroud outfit, wouldn't mind changing it up but nothing else comes close.
    Benevolent Leader is the only trophy I don't have. I have to move my entire settlement away from Sanctuary Hills because of that stupid old layabout stoner dragging down my happiness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

A few hours into this and I'm loving it. Looks so great on next gen consoles.

I may have made a balls with my stats as I'm too average.

Before I headed to Concord I did some exploring and found a power suit and a mini nuke. Debating whether to just explore for a few hours before doing main quests. (When I first played Fallout 3 I did this and by the time I went to do main missions I was ridiculously over levelled !)

Evade wrote: »
    Benevolent Leader is the only trophy I don't have. I have to move my entire settlement away from Sanctuary Hills because of that stupid old layabout stoner dragging down my happiness.

I started a new save just for this so i could go back to my normal save after the trophy popped. Started in the castle and went to my other settlements moving people to the castle until i had 20 people. Then planted mutfruit and about 16 or 17 level 3 Clinics. A lot of grinding selling stuff in diamond city market. Got to 86 happiness fairly quick but got fairly slow after that. Went to covenant and my number went from 96 to 80. You have to stay in the settlement so just left on the ps4 for a few hours while i did other things. Awful trophy.

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    A few hours into this and I'm loving it. Looks so great on next gen consoles.

I may have made a balls with my stats as I'm too average.

Before I headed to Concord I did some exploring and found a power suit and a mini nuke. Debating whether to just explore for a few hours before doing main quests. (When I first played Fallout 3 I did this and by the time I went to do main missions I was ridiculously over levelled !)

I would say explore away , the main quest line in this is at a rough estimation about 2/3 to 1/2 the length of fallout 3 or NV though maybe I'm just not remembering those game very well :D . It's actually very very short if you could play all the quests back to back.

I've everything I need but my happiness peaks at around 95 because my resident meth-heads won't work. I've even tried killing her but she seems to be invincible.

I'd recommend not doing too much minutemen quests. I kept doing them one after another til i found out they were infinite. Was a bit over powered for the main quest and the minutemen stuff burnt me out a bit so wasn't really pushed about the main storyline by the time i got to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've everything I need but my happiness peaks at around 95 because my resident meth-heads won't work. I've even tried killing her but she seems to be invincible.

I think if you shoot her and take her chair then you asign her to work and that should allow you to get 100%

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think if you shoot her and take her chair then you asign her to work and that should allow you to get 100%
    The chair's gone already but I still can't assign her to a job.

• Advertisement

Something I've noticed:

Shoot Preston, nobody gives a damn and he falls on his ass. Shoot a settler and everyone freaks out.

Beginning to think Preston is someone everyone hates and doesn't care if he gets hurt. Also nobody gave a damn I killed the Vault Tec guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,098 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The chair's gone already but I still can't assign her to a job.

Hmmm not sure then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Something I've noticed:

Shoot Preston, nobody gives a damn and he falls on his ass. Shoot a settler and everyone freaks out.

Beginning to think Preston is someone everyone hates and doesn't care if he gets hurt. Also nobody gave a damn I killed the Vault Tec guy.

They were probably just glad for some peace and quiet after Preston kept screaming in his sleep about settlements needing help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I'd recommend not doing too much minutemen quests. I kept doing them one after another til i found out they were infinite. Was a bit over powered for the main quest and the minutemen stuff burnt me out a bit so wasn't really pushed about the main storyline by the time i got to it.

Giant pain in the hole that ****e.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Do I actually need to build a big fence around all my settlements? Does it make a difference in terms of raiders being able to get in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

emmetkenny wrote: »

I got sick of this achievement. Everytime I was getting closer one of my townsfolk,who never remember it's my settlement by the way,would turn out to be a synth.
    .pricks

Toots wrote: »
    Do I actually need to build a big fence around all my settlements? Does it make a difference in terms of raiders being able to get in?

I don't think so. Raiders always seemed to spawn right in the middle of the settlements for me.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Is ammo in short supply throughout the game? I have the perk for finding more ammo but I'm quite low at the moment. Should I beef up melee perks?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'd gotten to a point were I was fairly well in with all four factions, but my curiosity had gotten the better of me. I made five new saves with a picture of each faction in four of them, and a picture of my workbench for my main save. I deleted all others.
    It meant I could fly through the Railroad and Institute endings without having to worry about collecting items or any of that stuff.

Anyway,
    On my Minuteman save I've done the Defend the Castle mission about ten times so far, it's hilarious! I have the Castle's defences up at around 700 or so and the poor Synth Coursers keep running into a rainstorm of missiles, lasers and heavy machine gun fire. The PS4 is struggling to render the chaos that ensues every time I load it up.
    Obviously, I've used the "drop your gear and store it glitch"to up my settlement limit but it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

I disagree with the Brotherhood's values (kill all synths and kill all ghouls) and I want to leave them. How do I do it? I was thinking a badass raid style where I take my minigun, steal all the fusion cores from the power armour and then take one suit of power armour with me. Has anyone done it before, and is it possible?

• Advertisement

Lockheed wrote: »
    I disagree with the Brotherhood's values (kill all synths and kill all ghouls) and I want to leave them. How do I do it? I was thinking a badass raid style where I take my minigun, steal all the fusion cores from the power armour and then take one suit of power armour with me. Has anyone done it before, and is it possible?
    You could literally just ignore them, or if you want to wipe them out just join the Institute or the Railroad if that's still possible.
    Or you could align with the Minutemen and get yourself banished from the Institute. That will lead you on a collision course with the BOS.

It feels like the beginning of FO4 was essentially to weed out those that might give up easily. I mean the very first enemy you encounter, really, is a Deathclaw. And then that goddamn Queen.

You could literally just ignore them, or if you want to wipe them out just join the Institute or the Railroad if that's still possible.
    Or you could align with the Minutemen and get yourself banished from the Institute. That will lead you on a collision course with the BOS.

But there isnt a 'Minutemen ending'? Thats what I was initally going for.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    But there isnt a 'Minutemen ending'? Thats what I was initally going for.
    There is. I was going for all the ending trophies and during my Institute or Railroad run I got a prompt to do the Nuclear Option mission for the Minute Men. But I didn't do it because I already had that trophy.

Fallout wiki walkthrough for Minute Men ending.

Oh, nice one. I tried for ages to go with the Minutemen. Must hace done 30+ of those damn settlement missions and finally said fug it.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Oh, nice one. I tried for ages to go with the Minutemen. Must hace done 30+ of those damn settlement missions and finally said fug it.
    Just be sure your Castle's defences are up to scratch before proceeding down that road!
    Good luck.

This was posted over on the Fallout 4 subreddit by someone. It took them months to complete, apparently. And I can't even be arsed planting crops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

It feels like the beginning of FO4 was essentially to weed out those that might give up easily. I mean the very first enemy you encounter, really, is a Deathclaw. And then that goddamn Queen.

Yep. I would also add getting picked up by a deathclaw and thrown from a skyscraper to your death was also an eye opener.

Has anyone else encountered the Quests
    USS constitution, or Death dues?
    Very interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Has anyone tried using the Blitz perk yet?

I've got it on and I'm using Kremv's Tooth for sneak melees - It's so overpowered. The perk teleports you across the room for the instakill

Advertisement