Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

allibastor wrote: »
    I had a few missing parts from my T-60F power armor, namely my Head and jet pack torso.

The suit was just sitting in my settlement having been moved from my armor crafting house and was missing these parts.

I found them on one of my traders in his trade option.

No idea how they moved the suit or how they took the parts off!!

I did notice before during a raider attack one got in my fully modded X-01 suit even though the core was removed. Ended up killing him but they having to get a new frame for my suit.

For the power armour the pieces will transfer to the users inventory when damaged.

NPCs don't need them to have cores while they're using them, and while you can command companions to use a suit without a core I didn't think they'd or other NPCs would use themselves without a core. Really shouldn't have mind on display so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Varik wrote: »
    For the power armour the pieces will transfer to the users inventory when damaged.

NPCs don't need them to have cores while they're using them, and while you can command companions to use a suit without a core I didn't think they'd or other NPCs would use themselves without a core. Really shouldn't have mind on display so.

I didnt put anyone in any of the suits. I do really use companions outside of Dogmeat, it is too annoying to have them like and dislike everything.

Yeah, anyone it seems can use them without cores, my raiders were the best. I have not put all my suits in a house and close the door when I leave. I have a 3rd floor with no walls so anyone who goes up there can fall to their death.

I actually found Nick to be pretty damn good with regards to his like/dislike. Played with Strong, but he annoyed the hell out of me after a few minutes, and so far Piper is equally as bad!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Settlements. Are they really necessary? Can I ignore notifications that a settlement is being attacked? I've beefed up defenses at Sanctuary (greater than the water and food total two-fold) but it still got attacked. I've not done anything with any other settlements.

I've got the local leader perk FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

faceman wrote: »
    Settlements. Are they really necessary? Can I ignore notifications that a settlement is being attacked? I've beefed up defenses at Sanctuary (greater than the water and food total two-fold) but it still got attacked. I've not done anything with any other settlements.

I've got the local leader perk FWIW

Nope! Plough away at whatever you're doing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I built a cooking station just so I could turn Mirelurk/Hound/Radroach/Deathclaw meat into XP and better items by crafting without having to go somewhere else.

I also built a Armour and Weapons shop so I can see my sub par items like extra Missile Launchers etc

Things is, everything in my Sanctuary is located between my old house and the place across the road with the power armour, it's like some british place when the have a Jubellie with the bunting and stuff..... just everyone and everything laid out on this little strip of road :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I built a metal house, with everything i need in inside, locked it down so no one but I can get in, and surrounded it with guns.

Anything that's not in there, can go to hell.

Kiith wrote: »
    I built a metal house, with everything i need in inside, locked it down so no one but I can get in, and surrounded it with guns.

CNBF building walls... If my 10 companions can't deal with any trouble.... well.... f** it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Kiith wrote: »

You'll probably find Carla in there having a smoke.

Zillah wrote: »
    You'll probably find Carla in there having a smoke.

Or tripping on chems and telling you your future :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

I finally bought Spray and Pray from Cricket.

Holy crap what a gun!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

wrong place, please delete

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Hey all,
    What is the best way to manage my settlers?
    I have new settlers arriving to Sanctuary but I can't keep track of them and the tasks they're assigned to.
    Is there any easy way to see what task a certain settler is assigned to? Can I find settlers that don't have a task?

Hey all,
    I have new settlers arriving to Sanctuary but I can't keep track of them and the tasks they're assigned to.
    Is there any easy way to see what task a certain settler is assigned to? Can I find settlers that don't have a task?

Plant a bell in your settlement, ring it, wait 1 minute for everyone to bunch up and quickly assign them before they disperse.

Ghoul-Woman, B***t-Face, The Moaning Asian, Other Guy with Hat, Hatless Guy, all the old favourites

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The Pay and Spray above would do a good job. I find a plasma rifle gets them dealt with nice and quickly - you save time but obviously the ammo is more expensive. You could take a little longer and use a pipe rifle I suppose.

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Some people give people different gear to show what they do (i.e. leather armour for farmers, metal for defenders etc...). I don't bother. Once there's enough of each resource, i just leave it. It's pretty shallow to be fair.

That f*cking Asian guy.

I've been in the game now for dozens of hours, which is probably a gazillion years in-game, and he's still moaning about the same old stuff. Surprised nobody has killed him yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

That f*cking Asian guy.

I've been in the game now for dozens of hours, which is probably a gazillion years in-game, and he's still moaning about the same old stuff. Surprised nobody has killed him yet.

I avoid this individual and Preston. Have feck all time for the both of them.

That f*cking Asian guy.

His Kids either dead or missing.

• Advertisement

Pft, my kid was messing and I didn't complain about it. Instead I became a hoarder, a mass murderer, and a top criminal.

Pft, my kid was messing and I didn't complain about it. Instead I became a hoarder, a mass murderer, and a top criminal.

Good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That f*cking Asian guy.

I robbed Carla at the start and the dope won't let me forget it.

If she says that line one more time...

O
    "oh look the robber. Listen, I paid up so get lost ok"

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Hey all,
    I gave anyone in a guard tower a chest piece, and shopkeepers a hat. Everyone else can go plant mutfruit in their undies as far as I'm concerned!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I've looked at my stats and it says I've murdered 8 people?????

Who???

I've looked at my stats and it says I've murdered 8 people?????

Who???

If they weren't hostile and you killed them or picked dialogue that said for example "I'm going to kill you" and they then defend themselves.

I've likely more than that but can't check now, for that chem deal I just toss a load of grenades before the fight started so that would have counted.

I didn't know that they took count of the amount of murders. That just makes it into a challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

noodler wrote: »
    I robbed Carla at the start and the dope won't let me forget it.

If she says that line one more time...

O
    "oh look the robber. Listen, I paid up so get lost ok"

If you robbed her she will never interact with you again. I had the same problem with her, constantly badmouthing me in front of my settlers.

One day, while I was out on my own I came across her outside the diner where the woman and her junkie son live. She uttered that "robber" line again and that was it. Bitch and her brahmin got turned in to frozen meat chops with the cryolator :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Last night I did the institute mission where you're sent to
    wipe out the entire railroad.

I went in after putting on my power armor ready for a firefight but none of them were hostile and I realised they wouldn't attack unless I shot first. So I had a brainwave and just laid a load of mines at each person's feet and then a couple in doorways and chokepoints. Took a position by the main door, fired 1 bullet to make them hostile then the mines killed everyone in there in one go!

I felt like a feckin genius :pac:

Advertisement