Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Dog sim 2015/16 confirmed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

I AM FREAKING OUT

Something really weird happened with the website. Said PA feature shut down and to have pleasant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Something really weird happened with the website. Said PA feature shut down and to have pleasant day.
    Access Error
    PA system failure has occured. Shutdown of the Masterbrain has been authorized and all sensitive materials have been removed for security purposes. Please attempt re-access. Have a pleasant day.

They got nuked! Probably setting up the proper site atm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

I think we can change the title on this thread now.

Been a while since there was something at E3 I was eager to hear about.

• Advertisement

7L0Bp55.jpg

tuSF3S5.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

That trailer was worth the hype. I just want to hug people and tell them the good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

That dog is so going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

7577vkR.jpg

nex-jennifer, lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Looks like it's gonna be pretty good anyway, hopefully it'll release this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

So yeah, jizz in my pants. Nothing lese to say. Release date is 2019?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

To balance out all the optimism, that ghoul attack made me cringe. Same attack animations, same engine.

It will no doubt still be a great game but they've been using the same engine for over a decade now. "Modifying" it and renaming it doesnt make it new.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thread title has been un-unconfirmed. Have a nice day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

they've got the video on the site now, and it looks as though they're still setting things up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

The trailer had the statue of Paul Revere in it too, so it looks like it's definitely Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Thread title has been un-unconfirmed. Have a nice day.

SImpson%2005%20Bart%20Gets%20Famous.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Looks like they're throwing some higher-res texture on the existing GameBryo engine. Too early to be totally confirmed of course, but I'm still very disappointed they haven't made the leap away from that janky engine. The character models look flippin' terrible. I know I know, gameplay is king n' all, but still; in the days of Witcher 3 it's kinda depressing Fallout still uses that ass-ugly engine.

New Fallout though; WOO :D I wonder if those 50s era portions are playable, or just made for the trailer. It'd be pretty interesting to have a section of the game set in that alt-1950s...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

The vault dweller character model looked pretty awful..

I'm beyond a fan and will buy it and see for myself but that's disappointing to see the old engine
    It looks worse than vanilla skyrim despite being years newer

A lot of nods back to the original trailer for fallout 3 same group doing the song, the war never changes references just not as grabbing ..... not saying its bad though :P

A little too colourful for my liking also :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

mawk wrote: »
    The vault dweller character model looked pretty awful..

I'm beyond a fan and will buy it and see for myself but that's disappointing to see the old engine
    It looks worse than vanilla skyrim despite being years newer

Yeah as much as I enjoyed the reveal, the graphics are pretty but immensely underwhelming - as you said, that character model looks like from an Xbox (the first one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Looks-wise I don't care too much though I am disappointed that there wasn't a bigger leap in term of visuals. Still, I can appreciate that the engine is able to remember that one spoon you knocked over in that obscure house you might return to, see said spoon and go "Huh, I must've been here before....." :pac:

Characters and their movements on the engine have always been very Deus Ex-ish, move like they have an iron pipe for a spine and move abruptly. It ends up looking like they don't use mo-cap for animations.

Still, well looking forward to another trip in the wastelands and this certainly looks more colourful than the grey steely look of Fallout 3!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

It's a funny situation though. The engine is outdated and a bit ugly. But the devils advocate in me partly thinks this.

"Gee, show them mindblowing graphics in a reveal and they complain that the finished game doesnt look as good. Show them a realistic facsimile of what the finished game will look like and they complain its ugly! Can't win!"

:P

Kirby wrote: »
    It's a funny situation though. The engine is outdated and a bit ugly. But the devils advocate in me partly thinks this.

"Gee, show them mindblowing graphics in a reveal and they complain that the finished game doesnt look as good. Show them a realistic facsimile of what the finished game will look like and they complain its ugly! Can't win!"

You're spot on there !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Loved the trailer, got goosebumps throughout the whole thing and then had flashbacks to the crazy 24hr Fallout sessions I've had before. Really excited.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,573 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kirby wrote: »

I love Fallout, am totally excited and will probably forget graphical niggles when I'm knee-deep in molerat corpses, but when I look at the likes of Witcher 3 and imagine how Fallout / Elder Scrolls could look, I feel a pang of disappointment. Bethesda games could look stunning, instead they look ... well, like Bethesda games. Running, their games always give a sense that at any minute the engine will just collapse (which it has often done) and I've never been able to just enjoy the experience. Some graphical / engine bug always happens that utterly breaks me out of the immersion.

If a stable engine meant my spoon disruption in Town A isn't remembered, so be it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Was actually thinking the same. Straight away, it looks like Witcher 3 looks way better for a similar title (Massive open world, questin' lootin', 100's hours, etc.) but won't be able to properly tell until the Gameplay vids at E3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I like it!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Un****ingreal. Hypppe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

It's good to see call of duty dog land another gig, was thinking he would find no new work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

The novelty of a reveal trailer that will represent the final product is refreshing.

Advertisement