Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    Make her a new chair to make amends. That is if you want to.

I stole her chair. Now the lazy lay about is tending my crops :D

I recall having to batter her so she would get out of the damn chair and go work so I could get that settlement achievement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Cormac... wrote: »
    Defend the Castle is the 1st mission in "Siding with the minutemen for the Ending"
    I sided with the BoS and had my giant death robot built, yet still had "Defend the Castle" active until I finished the game (at which point it completed itself I think). But if I went to defend the castle at any stage it essentially abandoned the BoS End Game quests and seemed to push me down the road of pursuing the Minutmen ending even though Synths were attacking, twas a weird one. They really messed up the split endings

So the
    "Defend the Castle" mission finally popped up for me, after doing a pile more radiant quests for Preston.

I upgraded my power armour, loaded up with my best weapons and sent all my companions to the Castle. Laced the castle with turrets too, expecting a hell of a fight.

Turns out its the raiders that attack the Castle, and I made mince meat of them. Bit of an anti climax.

Still hoping I get to take out the Institute, even though I sided with them. Bunch of lab coat-wearing nerds. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

My funnest moment so far,

I have like 30 suits of power armour in my base, I decided to leave them all out in the open and put cores in.

I came back 10 mins later and shot one of my settlers, every turned hostile and ran to the suits. I gave up and ran away, came back a day later. Everything was cool with them, but now I have 21 settlers rocking around in Power armor.
    Looks like I got the upper hand with the BOS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Zillah wrote: »
    How on Earth did you make your game look so bad?

What do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Also, incase anyone gets the jetpack. dont use it in your base!!!!

The settlers dont like you dropping ontop of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

allibastor wrote: »
    My funnest moment so far,

I have like 30 suits of power armour in my base, I decided to leave them all out in the open and put cores in.

I came back 10 mins later and shot one of my settlers, every turned hostile and ran to the suits. I gave up and ran away, came back a day later. Everything was cool with them, but now I have 21 settlers rocking around in Power armor.
    Looks like I got the upper hand with the BOS

When I attacked trashcan Carla after one too many "oh look the robber.." utterances she went hostile and the rest of the settlers joined in helping me.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

I recall having to batter her so she would get out of the damn chair and go work so I could get that settlement achievement :pac:

I can't get her to do a damn thing, it won't let me assign her. Lazy bint. are there any ways around i on the ps4?
    emmetkenny wrote: »
    I stole her chair. Now the lazy lay about is tending my crops :D

It doesn't give me the option to build her a new one. Or are you just talking a generic one?

I can't get her to do a damn thing, it won't let me assign her. Lazy bint. are there any ways around i on the ps4?

It doesn't give me the option to build her a new one. Or are you just talking a generic one?

No when I go to build in Sanctuary it shows her green chair as the first option.

I may have stored it though rather than scrap it.

No when I go to build in Sanctuary it shows her green chair as the first option.

I may have stored it though rather than scrap it.
    oh I didn't scrap it I can see it stuck in the ceiling lol it just doesn't let me move it

• Advertisement

oh I didn't scrap it I can see it stuck in the ceiling lol it just doesn't let me move it

What happens if you remove the ceiling tile?

What happens if you remove the ceiling tile?

it won't let me, it's one of those buildings you can't destroy

it won't let me, it's one of those buildings you can't destroy

How'd you manage to get it up there :D

How'd you manage to get it up there :D

I was trying to move it and wasn't paying attention

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you scrap it, it comes up as buildable in the menu again. I scrapped it to try and get the lazy cow to do some work. Then I got her off the chems and put some clean clothes on her. She still annoying as balls though.

Toots wrote: »
    If you scrap it, it comes up as buildable in the menu again. I scrapped it to try and get the lazy cow to do some work. Then I got her off the chems and put some clean clothes on her. She still annoying as balls though.

That's my problem, I can't scrap it , I can't move it. Its just inanimate to me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Bethesda said they will be announcing dlc plans shortly, also an overhaul of survivor mode.

"We’re also doing a complete overhaul of Fallout 4 Survival mode. Food, sleep, diseases, danger and more. Stay tuned."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,963 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I don't know if I will ever to be able to get mama Murphy out of her seat. I made it very comfortable for her by giving her a radio and a television.

I don't know if I will ever to be able to get mama Murphy out of her seat. I made it very comfortable for her by giving her a radio and a television.

Did ya wean her off the drugs yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Keep giving her drugs and you will

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

noodler wrote: »
    When I attacked trashcan Carla after one too many "oh look the robber.." utterances she went hostile and the rest of the settlers joined in helping me.

According to the Fallout 4 wiki, she's actually an
    informant for the Institute (she is listed in the informants list within the database of the institute's synth reclamation bureau).

As the saying goes, snitches get stitches.
    Or in her case, a bad case of lead poisoning from my .44.

It looks like the last patch for PS4 has gotten rid of the DOgmeat dupe glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I finally got the Benevolent Leader trophy. It turns out that a few of my settlers were synths and I had to send them away to live on the farm.

Evade wrote: »
    I finally got the Benevolent Leader trophy. It turns out that a few of my settlers were synths and I had to send them away to live on the farm.

How did you find out that they were synths?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Evade wrote: »

Ahhh yeah 'live on the farm' just like all those pets when you were a child.....

An "amusing glitch". I started a new playthrough today. Got the usual minuteman quest for Tenpines... only the settler I had to talk to was in Covenant?!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Fallout won a bunch of awards this week.

After playing 61 hours it gets my most disappointing game award.

Not sure if my standards were too high or if it was more of the same with nothing new. But my excitement for the game diminished every minute i played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not sure if my standards were too high or if it was more of the same with nothing new. But my excitement for the game diminished every minute i played it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

How did you find out that they were synths?
    Synths have a resistance to energy weapons. Get the awareness perk and target your settlers in VATS, if they have energy weapon resistance they're synths.
    Ahhh yeah 'live on the farm' just like all those pets when you were a child.....
    As luck would have it there was an unfortunate MIRV accident once they'd arrived at their new home.
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    I was the same. Granted I got bogged down by radiant nonsense early on but once I got into the main story it was still very samey. The characters were a bit crap except for Nick and the factions were all a bit too single minded.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

dreamers75 wrote: »

61 hours of diminished excitement? :eek: Sounds like you hated it alright! :p

Advertisement