Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Am I the only one that's completely underwhelmed by that?

Looked very average to me (aside from the disappointing graphics) but then again its only an early trailer. Seems to have a cartoonish look going on too? Very cluttered or something.

Guess I am spoiled by The Witcher 3 though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

sheehy83 wrote: »
    but won't be able to properly tell until the Gameplay vids at E3.

You won't be able to tell properly then, either.

Kirby wrote: »

"Gee, show them mindblowing graphics in a reveal and they complain that the finished game doesnt look as good.

Yeah, gee, how rude of them not to just accept that they got lied to and pre order like good boys and girls.
    Kirby wrote: »
    Show them a realistic facsimile of what the finished game will look like and they complain its ugly! Can't win!"

Yeah, now show footage that is comparable to a mod of the previous game and they complain again! Sheesh, it's not like 8 years is a lot of time for technology or anything :pac:

Ya'll too entitled. Get hype for your Fallout 3 dog mod and re-used animations or suffer no Thanks on your posts.

Honestly though, I had some good times with F3 and new vegas especially after modding. I still have them both installed with the tale of two wasteland mod. It's real hard to get back into em, though. I play for a few minutes before it just feels so empty. I'll probably uninstall them if I can't find something cool to do in them anymore. All that modding... into the recycle bin it goes.

I'm really happy with the reveal trailer's graphics - it gets quite annoying when developers release trailers that are absolutely no reflection on the finished product. Bethesda this time have released one that is either going to be an accurate depiction, or there will be a grander reveal at E3 when it goes, Ha! This is what we're going to do. Fooled. You. All.

But even if it is a true reflection on the graphics and not as pretty as other next gen games, I'm going to buy it on release day and sink at least 100 hours into it - and love. every. second.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sure The Witcher 3 looks nowhere near as good as it did during E3 last year, even the PC version is not close. At least this is realistic to what to expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Sure The Witcher 3 looks nowhere near as good as it did during E3 last year, even the PC version is not close. At least this is realistic to what to expect.

Graphics dont really bother me. The Witcher is still a great looking game though. Even better to play. Best game I have played in years.

Theres something about this Fallout trailer that just looks....off. Certainly doesn't warrant the hype. Long way to go though, probably a 2017 release so im confident it will still be great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Had to go for a walk to calm down.

Oh. My. God.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

You won't be able to tell properly then, either.

Yeah, gee, how rude of them not to just accept that they got lied to and pre order like good boys and girls.

Yeah, now show footage that is comparable to a mod of the previous game and they complain again! Sheesh, it's not like 8 years is a lot of time for technology or anything :pac:

Ya'll too entitled. Get hype for your Fallout 3 dog mod and re-used animations or suffer no Thanks on your posts.

Honestly though, I had some good times with F3 and new vegas especially after modding. I still have them both installed with the tale of two wasteland mod. It's real hard to get back into em, though. I play for a few minutes before it just feels so empty. I'll probably uninstall them if I can't find something cool to do in them anymore. All that modding... into the recycle bin it goes.

bad graphics, good graphics, old engine, new engine, boston, dc,

46427613a99fa4706d302369a421f30c70f40f1f7235016ce95552c95d9883af.jpg

the game is hopefully going to be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I'm hyped for Fallout I just hope its not as shallow as Skyrim was in terms of immersion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Vault 111, I'm going to call game launch on 1st November

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Graphics look like a decent upgrade to me although I was used to ps3 rather than PC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

They should just break the internet and basically show an "Out Now" screen after there E3 conference....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Couldn't give a fiddlers about how it looks, if its anything like Fallout 3 I'll be all over it like a fat kid on cake! And the dog returns!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

AAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ABOOOOORRRRDDDDDD!

THE HYPE TRAIN WILL NOT STOP AT ANY STATION UNTIL IT LAUNCH DAY!

WWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

bad graphics, good graphics, old engine, new engine, boston, dc,

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/46/46427613a99fa4706d302369a421f30c70f40f1f7235016ce95552c95d9883af.jpg

the game is hopefully going to be great.

...game engine doesn't matter. You heard it here first, folks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bethesda has announced improved features for Fallout 3:

Features 3 voice actors, 1 more than Fallout 3
    5 NPC models reused for story NPC characters (2 more than Fallout 3). Gives that classic Fallout 3 feeling of Deja Vu.
    Characters now feature creepy staring animation that is 5 times creepier than previous Bethesda games and even more glassy eye syndrome.
    Half the QA team has been fired in case the game releases without any serious issues.
    They have said they have gone out of their way to ensure that the item system makes the game totally unplayable on Sony consoles after about 30 hours into the game. Playstation gamers need not worry, their favourite feature is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Vayda

I'm not very bothered about the graphics (which honestly look alright to me so far) I'm just so excited to play it. I've been a massive fan of the franchise since I was a kid, playing the first games over and over and over.

It's wonderful that the games have continued on this far, plus with the dog and the little items in the background of the trailer made me even more excited as they've included little nods from all of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Hans Bricks

Honestly I think that was very disappointing. Looks like a remastered Fallout 3. Looks to me like the same engine & clunky mechanics where NPCs have no flexibility or fluidity to them. I'm not even too bothered by graphics myself, but it just looks piss poor aesthetically in 2015. Hopefully it can impress at E3 because that wasn't a good reveal trailer IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Can tell nothing about gameplay but graphically that wasn't impressive at all. Considering I really disliked New Vegas, I'd probably wait anyway on this, that game was a mess at launch.

• I couldn't care less about the graphics, but IMO the game looks great, more colorful and genuinely looks like an honest interpretation of how the actual finished product will look.
    Game-play is king IMO and I should hope this is where the main focus is
    Love the theme tune as always, trailer was epic!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about the graphics, but IMO the game looks great, more colorful and genuinely looks like an honest interpretation of how the actual finished product will look.
    Game-play is king IMO and I should hope this is where the main focus is
    Love the theme tune as always, trailer was epic!

I don't think epic means what you think it means

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

matrim wrote: »
    Skyrim was released on 11-11-11.

Thargor wrote: »
    Skyrim was released on 11-11-11.

And Fallout 3 which had Vault 101 was released on 28-10-2008. So maybe 15-11-15

• I don't think epic means what you think it means

Care to explain why so?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Care to explain why so?

there was nothing epic about it at all, When you think of epic game trailers that is not up there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

Which is a Tuesday in 2016 so it seems likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

there was nothing epic about it at all, When you think of epic game trailers that is not up there

Not enough explosions and gun fights?

Evade wrote: »
    Which is a Tuesday in 2016 so it seems likely.

I was kinda hoping for 2015 ;) which is a Sunday and probably makes it more unlikely

But even if it's a Tuesday Fallout 3 was released on a Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I was kinda hoping for 2015 ;) which is a Sunday and probably makes it more unlikely

But even if it's a Tuesday Fallout 3 was released on a Tuesday
    Tuesday is the usual release day in the US isn't it?

Evade wrote: »
    Tuesday is the usual release day in the US isn't it?

Sorry, I misread your post and thought you'd said unlikely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Bethesda has announced improved features for Fallout 3:

Features 3 voice actors, 1 more than Fallout 3

Ron Perlman is the voice of Falloutman.

Advertisement