Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Toots wrote: »
    Downloaded the latest update, and a load of my stuff that I'd cleaned up with the Spring Cleaning mod has re-appeared. I had Sanctuary Hills nice and tidy, and now it's full of poxy rubbish and leaves again. Grrrr.

It doesn't matter how much time goes by, silly. In the world of Fallout you leave whatever 200 year-old junk you find lying about your home forever. Find a plate with some decayed sandwiches on it in your living room? It will still be there for your grandchildren.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Have they added new tracks to Diamond City Radio . I'm hearing songs I don't remember hearing before

There's a singer you can meet called "Magnolia". After you meet her, 5 of her songs will start playing by default on Diamond City Radio.

Anything beyond that I'm not entirely sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    There's a singer you can meet called "Magnolia". After you meet her, 5 of her songs will start playing by default on Diamond City Radio.

Anything beyond that I'm not entirely sure.

oooh yes I went home with her.. maybe that was it

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Have they added new tracks to Diamond City Radio . I'm hearing songs I don't remember hearing before

I noticed this too but I thought it was related to completing the missions where you help the DJ. Some NPC even comment on the change on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

faceman wrote: »
    I noticed this too but I thought it was related to completing the missions where you help the DJ. Some NPC even comment on the change on the radio

I thought that the comments were to do with the way he talks when introduces songs instead of the actual songs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

matrim wrote: »
    I thought that the comments were to do with the way he talks when introduces songs instead of the actual songs.

I did those missions and he still sounds like a moody prick

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Zillah wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how much time goes by, silly. In the world of Fallout you leave whatever 200 year-old junk you find lying about your home forever. Find a plate with some decayed sandwiches on it in your living room? It will still be there for your grandchildren.

"Excellent starter home with 2 bedrooms and lovely south facing aspect. The 200 year old dedicated corpse in the living room really adds to the character of the place!"

Toots wrote: »
    "Excellent starter home with 2 bedrooms and lovely south facing aspect. The 200 year old dedicated corpse in the living room really adds to the character of the place!"

It does take from the game a small bit. I mean they are not savages like!!!!

Some parts of towns have full skeletons there that are just lying down. I mean the smell alone should have had someone move them

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yeah, particularly in the likes of Sanctuary, it strikes me that if there was a group of people who were making a settlement there the first thing they'd do is clean it up a bit. I mean what's the point of trying to create a new home if you're just going to be living in the filth of the people who lived there 200 years ago!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Does anyone know roughly what time the new DLC will drop? Will it be midnight tonight or will it be some time during the day tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Does anyone know roughly what time the new DLC will drop? Will it be midnight tonight or will it be some time during the day tomorrow?

They're saying midnight on reddit...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Getting ready for Automatron, please note these unlock times:

Xbox One: We anticipate the release happening at midnight ET (NA) and midnight locally (EU)
    PlayStation 4
    : European players will be able to start playing at midnight (local time). In North America, the content should be available by 1pm tomorrow.
    Steam: The game will unlock at midnight ET (North America) and midnight locally in EU territories.

https://www.facebook.com/Fallout/photos/a.10150125905182673.314944.20320777672/10153986030182673/?type=3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I don't feel so bad missing out on my "free" season pass, I think this is a first for PSN (to not honour it) :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-03-18-fallout-4-season-pass-currently-free-on-uk-playstation-store

Any news on the DLC???

IS it worth getting.

allibastor wrote: »
    Any news on the DLC???

IS it worth getting.

hour and a half - 2 hours to do the quests from what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Its more Fallout 4 with tougher enemies and a fun quest line. I just upgraded the shiote out of my robot buddy and am about to battle test her. I am excited to see what happens next and now want to find all the robot parts there are.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I was playing the game this evening and I only realised after that I got no prompt to play any new missions/add on. How do you trigger it? (I've bought the season pass already.)

Mine gave me a prompt to listen to a radio station and kicked in as soon as I loaded my game.

I was playing the game this evening and I only realised after that I got no prompt to play any new missions/add on. How do you trigger it? (I've bought the season pass already.)

Did you download the dlc though? You have to manually click on it

Much to my embarrassment this was the reason. :o

I've played 2 missions on the DLC and I'm delighted to see that it offers a nice challenge in terms of enemy level.

Pity Ada can't idolise you though.

• Advertisement

I've played 2 missions on the DLC and I'm delighted to see that it offers a nice challenge in terms of enemy level.

Does it come with any new guns or power armor or things like that.

Not sure about that side of it yet as I'm only a couple of missions in. But it does give you the option of building a robot workshop and to build and mod robots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

Yes. So far
    I've picked up an Assaultron Head (works kinda like a laser musket but irradiates you when you fire) and a Tesla Rifle (so far I've modified it in Shotgun mode, it's like a single fire version of the Arc Welder from Lonesome Road in New Vegas). There's new non-power armour designated Robot and Robot Heavy (mostly on a par with metal armour) but so far I've not seen any new Power armour.

All in all, I'm almost to the Mechanist and even though I have the season pass it doesn't seem like this justifies $10 on its own. More like Oblivion's Horse Armour IMO.

oldrnwisr wrote: »
    Yes. So far
    I've picked up an Assaultron Head (works kinda like a laser musket but irradiates you when you fire) and a Tesla Rifle (so far I've modified it in Shotgun mode, it's like a single fire version of the Arc Welder from Lonesome Road in New Vegas). There's new non-power armour designated Robot and Robot Heavy (mostly on a par with metal armour) but so far I've not seen any new Power armour.

All in all, I'm almost to the Mechanist and even though I have the season pass it doesn't seem like this justifies $10 on its own. More like Oblivion's Horse Armour IMO.

I wouldnt say the Horse Amour now!!!!
    Jeeeez that was woeful.

Might be worth a go at a tenner, I am looking for things to do in the game before beating it as I am level 40 odd now and WAY overpowered

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

I wouldnt say the Horse Amour now!!!!
    Jeeeez that was woeful.

Might be worth a go at a tenner, I am looking for things to do in the game before beating it as I am level 40 odd now and WAY overpowered

Well, firstly, you won't be overpowered playing through this DLC. I'm level 96 now and pretty much invulnerable to most wasteland enemies but the robots in the DLC have a tendency to swarm you and get in real close. I've used stimpaks in this DLC for the first time in about 20 or more levels.

As for the horse armour comment, Oblivion's horse armour is the gold standard against which all crappy DLC is judged. For me, there are two important factors which make for a good value DLC.
    One, is it enjoyable to play through for the additional story? In this case no. There's
    two quick firefights, some scavving & crafting and two decent size dungeons
    and that's about it. The story isn't on the same level as any of the last two games' DLC (well, maybe Operation Anchorage). It only adds one new location (and a new section to a second). Also unlike previous DLC's which contain a final villain (e.g. Dr Mobius in OWB, Father Elijah in Dead Money, Ulysses in Lonesome Road) there's no contact with the Mechanist before the final confrontation which takes from the story.
    Two, is it a worthwhile part of the overall story? It's a bit early to tell yet. So far the robot crafting mechanic is pretty good but the rest of the additional content is a bit meh. I can't see any of the extra items featuring among a second playthrough build.
    So, all in all not seeing the value in the price. So far it seems like Far Harbour might be the only proper expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Got this email off Sony :pac:
    We won’t be fulfilling your order for the Fallout 4 Season Pass

The Fallout 4 Season Pass was briefly listed as “free” on PlayStation Store on Friday 18 March 2016. This was an unfortunate error on our part, and we therefore won’t be fulfilling orders made during this time. The Season Pass will be removed from your download list

We apologise for any disappointment or inconvenience caused. The Season Pass is available now at the correct price on PlayStation Store.

Thank you, from the PlayStation Store team.

lol embarassing! but hey at least it was something easily fixed

Ok so I just did the mission to get the second beacon and the robots were repeatedly kicking my ass! They're tough which is great but just don't forget to save.

I'm level 50 and I was about to pack it in and try level up more before going back to the robots and I discovered I'd a modified shotgun that does extra damage to robots! Score!

Ok so I just did the mission to get the second beacon and the robots were repeatedly kicking my ass! They're tough which is great but just don't forget to save.

I'm level 50 and I was about to pack it in and try level up more before going back to the robots and I discovered I'd a modified shotgun that does extra damage to robots! Score!

Yeah I'm only level 40 at the moment so thinking of trying to get to at least level 50 before starting these missions

• Advertisement

Im at level 69 and its quite tough, I've only died and had to re-up once. there is good armor that is great when you upgrade it. I haven't found a hat yet though. All in all i am glad I got the season pass when it was cheap.

Advertisement