Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

thanks for that. There was supposed to be a picture attached to that last post no idea why it didn't go. I've gotten rid of any settlers that have a value after the electric symbol.
    That should do it.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Evade wrote: »
    That should do it.

I've a couple of settlers with the energy symbol, but they're the ones I've put in Vault jumpsuits, which have an energy resistance of 5. Will I still have Synths infiltrating my settlements if I'm
    head of the institute
    ?

Toots wrote: »
    Will I still have Synths infiltrating my settlements if I'm
    head of the institute
    ?
    I'm not sure. I had a lot infiltrators even after ending
    the institute was reduced to a huge radioactive hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

You don't necessarily have to kill them. Since they only affect the settlement they're in you could start a concentration camp if you wanted to.

Oh God...
    You made me think of one of my settlements in which I put all of them into "Work clothes" and fenced them in while the only 3 white people in the settlement are guards with rifles and military uniforms.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've got that VATS perk and I've checked everyone in sanctuary, but nobody's coming up with a high energy resistance. Is there any other way to check?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Is it just me (and it very well could be) but i've just gotten bored of fallout 4. I loved it in the start and i'd say i've between 30/40 hours into it already but i cant motivate myself to go back. I cant put my finger on why. Interestingly its the same feeling i got with MGS it just felt very samey after a while. I'd say i'm about about 3/4 of the way through the story and i stopped playing a while ago to finish the uncharted remasters (games i'd already completed previously on ps3) and i was just so entertained by them that going back to fallout now just seems depressing.

Is my attention span just getting worse or is anyone else in the same position?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I found it to be the most dull of the modern Fallouts anyway, and could only get through about 20 hours of it. I enjoyed it, but its really badly designed in places, and i just don't don't feel any desire to play it again (like i have done with all previous Bethesda games).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah i know what you mean, like i said i can't really put my finger on what bothers me about it but it's just not holding my attention. I know i've approx 40 hours into it but usually with these types of games i'd be nearer 100 hours. I haven't even finished the story nevermind all the extra quests.

It's literally at the opposite end of the scale to witcher 3 - i loved that game and bought the DLC and love that as well. The world in witcher 3 just feels so alive and active compared to fallout (i know part of that is deliberate considering it is after a nuclear war but still :-) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

jones wrote: »
    Is it just me (and it very well could be) but i've just gotten bored of fallout 4. I loved it in the start and i'd say i've between 30/40 hours into it already but i cant motivate myself to go back. I cant put my finger on why. Interestingly its the same feeling i got with MGS it just felt very samey after a while. I'd say i'm about about 3/4 of the way through the story and i stopped playing a while ago to finish the uncharted remasters (games i'd already completed previously on ps3) and i was just so entertained by them that going back to fallout now just seems depressing.

Is my attention span just getting worse or is anyone else in the same position?

Yeah, have to agree with you here. I've always had several playthroughs of previous Fallout games but I can't see that happening here.

For me, with no level cap it makes the game very grind-y. The radiant quests don't really work like they did in TES games so they're really annoying to repeat to gain the XP needed to get a high level.

The main story is very poor and has none of the spark of New Vegas. There was a nice syncronicity between the main quests and side quests in New Vegas. You had to build up faction alliances which paid off in the end of the main quest. Everything was tied in to the same story, even the narratives of the DLCs. There's none of that depth in the FO4 main story. The tagline for the game is War Never Changes. It should read "nothing you do actually matters". There is very little humour either in the world or in the story. None of the key NPC story characters have any kind of personality. There's no one like Pagan Min or Andrew Ryan or Handsome Jack.

The DLC has also not been off to a great start. Again to go back to New Vegas, each of the DLCs were entertaining narratives in their own right and each of them made worthwhile additions to my overall build (Holorifle, Elite Riot gear, War Club etc.) Automatron has been craptacular so far. The robot building is good for anyone invested in settlement building but that's about it.

Far Harbour is going to have to pull something revolutionary out of its hat if its going to redeem this game which so far has been humourless, visually unimpressive, repetitive and futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I like the fact they had Preston in that cage with the Deathclaw. Well I just like the idea of locking away Preston in a cage full stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Will be interesting to see the price as that more looks like a free update to keep the game fresh and have people return to it (if they stopped) but I guess they gotta make the season pass appealing as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've seen price of £3.99 in GBP and $4.99 for US but nothing in Euro.

I've seen price of £3.99 in GBP and $4.99 for US but nothing in Euro.

€4.99 for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,961 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I like the fact they had Preston in that cage with the Deathclaw. Well I just like the idea of locking away Preston in a cage full stop.

That's great news. Now someone out in the wastland needs your help...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Is this the **** DLC's they are bringing out. First is a bad one and now this makes me feel sorry for buying the season pass. I honestly thought they would release full DLC's like New Vegas and 3's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Im glad I got the season pass for cheap. Imagine paying 50 quid for this rubbish?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Is this the **** DLC's they are bringing out. First is a bad one and now this makes me feel sorry for buying the season pass. I honestly thought they would release full DLC's like New Vegas and 3's.
    I thought the same and when you compare this to the brilliant DLC Witcher 3 has!

I will still give it the benefit of the doubt and will wait until Far Harbor is released before admitting defeat on it.
    Have hope!

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    I will still give it the benefit of the doubt and will wait until Far Harbor is released before admitting defeat on it.
    Have hope!

After seeing the amount of work the modders put into Skyrim I think I'm depending on them almost more than Bethesda at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    After seeing the amount of work the modders put into Skyrim I think I'm depending on them almost more than Bethesda at this stage.

Wasn't there talk of PC mods coming to consoles? Haven't heard anything lately.

Didn't buy the season pass. Didn't like attempts at being blackmailed with "buy it now for €30 or else you'll have to pay €50 later".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'm so glad I did not bother getting this season pass full stop

Wasn't there talk of PC mods coming to consoles? Haven't heard anything lately.

They did say that mods would be going to consoles but I'd imagine they would be heavily vetted by Bethesda. I think they have to be uploaded to Bethesda's Official site.

It will be interesting to see how the mods are managed for consoles. The only type of mods consoles have had in the past are Level creator style modes.

There's a good chance they won't allow very complex mods to be uploaded as they sometimes require a lot more than a simple click to download and install.

Toots wrote: »
    I've got that VATS perk and I've checked everyone in sanctuary, but nobody's coming up with a high energy resistance. Is there any other way to check?
    If they're not energy resistant, they're not synths.

The old woman in Sanctuary is a black hole of happiness. She'll drag it down unless you did her quest just right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

The old woman in Sanctuary is a black hole of happiness. She'll drag it down unless you did her quest just right.

Is quietly killing her an option?

JustShon wrote: »
    Is quietly killing her an option?
    Unfortunately not. To get the trophy I ended up moving my settlement to Starlight Drive-In.

Unfortunately not. To get the trophy I ended up moving my settlement to Starlight Drive-In.

If I didn't care about the trophy and just wanted to eliminate the negative effect she has on happiness, would killing her work then?

"Come now, I know a nice quick way to get rid of those nasty cravings. Just come with me, right over here in this room with no windows..."

JustShon wrote: »
    If I didn't care about the trophy and just wanted to eliminate the negative effect she has on happiness, would killing her work then?

"Come now, I know a nice quick way to get rid of those nasty cravings. Just come with me, right over here in this room with no windows..."
    I tried shooting her and she kept getting back up. I think she dies if you keep giving her drugs but most of your companions disapprove of that so send them to another settlement temporarily.

I tried shooting her and she kept getting back up. I think she dies if you keep giving her drugs but most of your companions disapprove of that so send them to another settlement temporarily.

Ahh, she's unkillable. That sucks. So much for my preferred method of dealing with difficult people in Bethesda games.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

As far as the main story goes I've reached the point of no return. Need some input.

I'm allied with Minutemen, BoS, Railroad and Institute. I've taken the view that the Institute must be stopped!

However I've a mission prompt to go to Mass Fusion. If I go to Mass Fusion it will make me an enemy of BoS and if I inform BoS it will make me an enemy of the Institute and end Railroad missions.

The mission Underground Undercover is active and is at the stage where I have to "continue working with
    father
    "

So I'm at an impasse without affecting relationships.

My preference is to take on the Institute without damaging the relationships with Railroad or BoS. Any suggestions on what approach to take?

• Advertisement

faceman wrote: »
    My preference is to take on the Institute without damaging the relationships with Railroad or BoS. Any suggestions on what approach to take?
    Faction
    Minutemen.

Because
    You can stop the Institute without going against the BoS or Railroad.

How
    Basically establish more settlements. The population or happiness doesn't really matter and when you have to build a thing do it with the Minutemen. Here's a more detailed spoiler-ish walkthrough.

Advertisement