Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Evade wrote: »
    I tried shooting her and she kept getting back up. I think she dies if you keep giving her drugs but most of your companions disapprove of that so send them to another settlement temporarily.

Damn I got her off all the chems! TBH I don't think I'd try for benevolent leader in Sanctuary again just from reading online it's meant to be the most difficult one. I just wish their happiness didn't drop so much for no reason. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I can now fast travel while over encumbered. No need to drop stuff anymore! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Lucky you :)

The last time I played the game (many months ago) I was overweight when it came to fast travel. So I had to decide what to keep and what to drop...

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

How??? The only way that worked for me was to enter God Mode, fast travel to a settlement, dump all the stuff in the workbench and then exit god mode and go about my business :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Toots wrote: »
    How??? The only way that worked for me was to enter God Mode, fast travel to a settlement, dump all the stuff in the workbench and then exit god mode and go about my business :pac:

The top level of one of the perks let's you do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Guys, I stopped playing about two months ago because I found it a bit boring/disappointing - I didn't read anything online for tips in case I bumped into spoilers - I'd say I'm about halfway through the main mission - anything I can do differently to inject a bit of fun into it as I've decided to come back and finish it

matrim wrote: »
    The top level of one of the perks let's you do it.

Yeah, that's it. I'm up in the 80s now, so am picking other perks like that now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Guys, I stopped playing about two months ago because I found it a bit boring/disappointing - I didn't read anything online for tips in case I bumped into spoilers - I'd say I'm about halfway through the main mission - anything I can do differently to inject a bit of fun into it as I've decided to come back and finish it

If you're on PC, Survival Mode is in beta. Basically you need food, drink, sleep, you can only save at beds, no fast travel, you can get sick, and combat is tougher. More challenging at least.

Think it's out for consoles in a few weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

jones wrote: »
    Is it just me (and it very well could be) but i've just gotten bored of fallout 4. I loved it in the start and i'd say i've between 30/40 hours into it already but i cant motivate myself to go back. I cant put my finger on why. Interestingly its the same feeling i got with MGS it just felt very samey after a while. I'd say i'm about about 3/4 of the way through the story and i stopped playing a while ago to finish the uncharted remasters (games i'd already completed previously on ps3) and i was just so entertained by them that going back to fallout now just seems depressing.

Is my attention span just getting worse or is anyone else in the same position?

I enjoyed the game but when compared to skyrim, oblivion and fallout 3 Ive done far more in FO4 in less time. I got skyrim at launch, put hundreds of hours into it and havent finished the main storyline yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I enjoyed the game but when compared to skyrim, oblivion and fallout 3 Ive done far more in FO4 in less time. I got skyrim at launch, put hundreds of hours into it and havent finished the main storyline yet.

Those games have much more and a better range of side missions I feel.
    Wherever FO4 has a 'somewhat' better main story...up to a point.

I was looking at starting F04 again...but want to do it with some 'essential or gameplay improving mods'.

I know there are all sorts of funny and hilarious ones out there, but has anyone modded up their FO4 yet and what are the best mods you've come across that you would recommend to every new player to improve upon the original game ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Finished main storyline with Minutemen at weekend. One thing the FO series does badly is endings. Quite anticlimactic.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

SeantheMan wrote: »
    what are the best mods you've come across that you would recommend to every new player to improve upon the original game ?

I would recommend the "Armoursmith (armorsmith) Extended" mod if nothing else as it allows you to add arm and leg armour to outfits.

Example: Left/Right leather arm/leg on the Drifter Outfit.

There are a few weapons mods that allow you to add any attachments to be applied to any weapon. As far as I know there are a few mods that do this but for the life of me I can't remember the name at the moment, I will have to check later.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

So I'm wanting to play the game in Survival mode on PS4. Should I start now or should I wait til this new beta survival thing comes out? Is there much of a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

So I'm wanting to play the game in Survival mode on PS4. Should I start now or should I wait til this new beta survival thing comes out? Is there much of a difference?

I think Survival as it is in PS4 is just a difficulty setting. Survival beta should be out some time this month, and adds hunger/dehydration/fatigue/sickness, removes fast travel and saving anywhere other than a bed, and is tougher again generally.

I'd wait.

Wasteland Workshop seems to be live on PS4. I just downloaded and instaleld

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm 75 hours into FO4 and I still feel like I'm half scratching the surface. On the other hand, I put 40 hours into Skyrim and I felt that I'd had enough of it at that stage. Think I put about 120 hours into New Vegas and the same into Fallout 3 including all DLC for both, so at this point I'm pretty sure that I'll easily surpass that with FO4. Just different things for different people, I suppose.

I wonder will they allow another interim Fallout title to be developed by another studio before a potential Fallout 5. New Vegas was insanely good. Came out exactly two years after Fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Wasteland Workshop seems to be live on PS4. I just downloaded and instaleld

Any use? Is there any missions or content other than building bases? I have the season pass but im lazy and playing Dark Souls.

Any use? Is there any missions or content other than building bases? I have the season pass but im lazy and playing Dark Souls.

eh there doesn't seem to be any quests involved.. just building stuff in your settlements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Its just new stuff for base building. No new missions though. Feel a bit unimpressed with it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Guess i'll give it a miss. The last DLC better do something special or i'm gonna be pissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

was the 50quid season pass only for the first 3 DLC's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Season pass is for everything. Theres another 3 planned after the next one so anyone who has a season pass will get those as well as the first 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The other games had 5 'primary' DLC and an assortment of small bits and pieces. I assume Fallout 4 will be the same more or less. I would have assumed Wasteland Workshop wouldn't really count towards the core DLC.

The next DLC is a pretty big add-on.

• Any word on Survival mode coming to consoles?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any word on Survival mode coming to consoles?

As far as I know it will be added, it just happens to be on PC in beta at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any word on Survival mode coming to consoles?
    It's still in beta on steam, i'd say when it comes out of that it'll be on consoles shortly after

Found a great mod yesterday for PC called Scrap Dead Things. It lets you scrap those ghoul/raider/settler corpses that get left behind when you clear out a settlement. Great for the likes of Sunshine Tidings Co-Op/Spectacle Island/Croup Manor etc

I made an absolute balls of my settlement in Sanctuary. I've been collecting bags of cement for a while now, and I began to use them, along with shack walls, to make what I hoped to be a nice uniform wall around the settlement. It's rather messy now though.

I think I'll go and take out my frustration on the Gunners Plaza.

My sanctuary is a complete lag fest. I ended up having to do the workshop glitch quite a bit because I reached the settlement limit so fast, but it's gotten to the point that the lag is so bad it's really difficult to build anything else in there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I've always felt the whole kitting out the settlements bit is doll house-esque. I just put defence turrets in mine and set up supply lines to stop the prompts about defending them. No disrespect to anyone who does put focus on their settlement. Different strokes etc. :)

Advertisement