Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Rorok wrote: »
    I just played the game there and I really like it. It's my first betheseda game and I'm finding it great, the pacing is great, dogmeat is very great, it looks cool (even if the graphics arent amazing) however I have found most of the characters are very annoying. I haven't gone to Diamond City yet, I'm just about to go to Sancutary with Preston

Don't be in any rush to get to Diamond City. That's the beauty about the game it is so huge you can log hours without even making an impact in the main quest line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Don't be in any rush to get to Diamond City. That's the beauty about the game it is so huge you can log hours without even making an impact in the main quest line

On another note, how useful are coffee cups. I've found I've collected about 30 of them so far, I have a feeling theyre the most useful item in the game

Rorok wrote: »
    On another note, how useful are coffee cups. I've found I've collected about 30 of them so far, I have a feeling theyre the most useful item in the game

They can be scrapped for Ceramic . Ceramic is a component used to craft various objects, ranging from electrical objects, such as pylons and generators, to furniture, such as baths and toilets. It is also used in crafting higher tier power armor.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

faceman wrote: »
    People get over worried about adhesive but it's everywhere. Duct tape and wonderglue are in plentiful supply
    Agreed. In fact, aluminium is the mat that I find I'm lacking the most. It's also usually quite heavy which is a hassle.

Agreed. In fact, aluminium is the mat that I find I'm lacking the most. It's also usually quite heavy which is a hassle.

A clear of Vault 95 will net you 120 pieces of Aluminium .
    Other decent places are Mahkra Fishpacking and Corvega Assembly Plant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

This Far Harbor DLC is meant to be out next month right ?

I haven't gone back to the game since completing it, but at that stage my character was too OP with Power Armor.
    Doesn't the game just continue like this ?
    Is the DLC so far worth it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Started a new character there a few days ago after not playing since December. Haven't touched the Automatron DLC yet though, going to try and spread myself around the factions a bit more and get them all to the point of no return then choose. Probably Railroad this time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bethesda released the G.E.C.K for Fallout 4

https://kevinsgamingnews.blogspot.kr/2016/04/bethesda-releases-anticipated-fallout-4.html
    he release of the creation kit (or the equivalent e.g G.E.C.K) marks the start of exciting mods for the game, whilst before modders were limited to only retexturing the games clothing, weapons with third party tools, with the creation kit they are able to create quest mods, include more animations and more content without the consequences of using any third party tools.

Hopefully like Skyrim etc, we will get some new quests and stories that rival or surpass those of the main game itself.
    The only thing is having to keep up with all the content that's released and searching through the crap to find the gems.

But I guess that's where the Mod reviewers and youtubers come in to save the day for us :)

So... when are the paid mods kicking in?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Is the DLC so far worth it ?

Nope, it's awful imo - they really are milking people with that seasonpass so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Question for people playing the DLC; can you build multiple cages in one settlement? I started building my arena at the drive-in, but after building the first cage I can't build any more for some reason. I have all the materials but they just don't appear when highlighted. Other items still appear to craft, it's just the cages specifically. Is this a known glitch or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I've got 4 in one of my settlements so yes. Must be a bug or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CiaranW

I have that McCready glitch where he won't unlock the terminal to finish off his personal quest.
    I want his perk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Just completed the Mechanist main mission. A little bit meh but not the worst.

• Console release of survival mode out this week supposedly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

How come in diamond city if you take something out of the bin it counts as stealing

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Console release of survival mode out this week supposedly
    Yeah. It popped up as a suggestion on a loading screen today.

• Yeah. It popped up as a suggestion on a loading screen today.

What console? Havent spotted the update for download on X1 as of yet

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

OMG - I just finished the main storyline at the weekend (not sure amount of hours but I'd say 110+) and it's possibly one of the most disappointing endings of any game I have ever played. I'm actually a bit speechless...

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Yeah. It popped up as a suggestion on a loading screen today.

What console? Havent spotted the update for download on X1 as of yet
    Sorry, it was on the PS4.

I changed my difficulty to Hard yesterday, and it was available as an option there too. No way I was selecting to though! hahaha

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

OMG - I just finished the main storyline at the weekend (not sure amount of hours but I'd say 110+) and it's possibly one of the most disappointing endings of any game I have ever played. I'm actually a bit speechless...

Seems to be the norm with the Fallout series. Fallout 3 and NV was only slightly better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

I thoroughly enjoyed the New Vegas ending, what were your disappointments with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭oldrnwisr

faceman wrote: »
    Seems to be the norm with the Fallout series. Fallout 3 and NV was only slightly better.

Like khamilto, I'd have to disagree with that sentiment.

The Fallout 3 ending was mostly OK until Broken Steel came along and made the whole ending redundant. There was, at least from the perspective of immersion, an interesting choice at the end between dying a hero or living as a coward.

The Fallout New Vegas ending was one of the better endings to a game that I've played so far. The entire storyline tied together into the 2nd battle of Hoover Dam such that your choices throughout the main questline and even the second quests were reflected in the impacts on various people and factions in the ending sequence. When you spend the game building relationships with a view to getting their help further down the road, its nice to have it all come together with a degree of finality.

The problem with Fallout 4 is twofold.
    Firstly, there's the ending cinematic. It is used to reinforce the game's tagline that war never changes. It should say nothing you do actually matters. You don't get any kind of reflection on how your individual choices actually affected anything. There's none of the kind of stark moral choices like Spec Ops The Line or The Witcher 3 to be found. There isn't even a recap of your companions storylines like in New Vegas.
    The second problem is the post-ending gameworld. Unlike the ending of New Vegas it does make some kind of sense to continue past the main ending. However, it would be nice to see a gameworld where the consequence of your choices were borne out. The only thing out of the ordinary that happened to me since the ending was being attacked by a bunch of rogue Railroad agents (having chosen the Brotherhood and destroying the Railroad).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The game was far better in Act 1. Act 2 was a fecking joke and made me sell the game, which resulted in me, thankfully, not investing in the DLC

• Sorry, it was on the PS4.

I changed my difficulty to Hard yesterday, and it was available as an option there too. No way I was selecting to though! hahaha

I just checked on X1. I think you are confusing survival difficulty with survival mode. My game didn't patch so it's not ben added as far as I can see.

Edit* sorry I'm wrong could have swore that difficulty existed originally. Game keeps autosaving tho. Thought it wasn't supposed to let you save? Im going to start a new game and report back.

*edit* Nevemind it's the old survival difficulty

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

khamilto wrote: »
    I thoroughly enjoyed the New Vegas ending, what were your disappointments with it?

Maybe I'm expecting too much, but for a game where as a player you invest days into playing it to completion, I expect something a little more epic for a finale. Fallout has never accomplished this.

I don't know about that, I thought the Battle for Hoover Dam was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

*shrug* if i wanted a big, bombastic over the top ending - that market is well catered to <insert generic FPS>.

In a game about choice and consequence, an ending that shows me how my choices played out and left a good, bad or indifferent mark upon the world and those I interacted with in it....what more could you ask?

khamilto wrote: »
    *shrug* if i wanted a big, bombastic over the top ending - that market is well catered to <insert generic FPS>.

In a game about choice and consequence, an ending that shows me how my choices played out and left a good, bad or indifferent mark upon the world and those I interacted with in it....what more could you ask?

An ending like Mass Effect 3 for example.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Remember in NV you could have entire towns love or hate you depending on how you dealt with them? I wish Fallout 4 could have kepth that. .. But I do like how you can call for help from local settlements you set up.

Advertisement