Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

"Please find my daughter" :pac: She asks the 1 guy who couldn't go a minute looking for his own son before getting distracted by something shiny. That whole thing looked very very bland and uninsteresting but WTF did they do to Nick at the end!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

faceman wrote: »
    An ending like Mass Effect 3 for example.

Do you mean fancy FMV, or do you mean you want an ending that changes that fate of the galaxy?

FNVs ending changed the fate of the entire SW/Midwest United States, and the ending more accurately reflected the choices made along the journey than ME3s laughable ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Far Harbour DLC. Looks good finally something good has come from purchasing the season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I just checked on X1. I think you are confusing survival difficulty with survival mode. My game didn't patch so it's not ben added as far as I can see.

Edit* sorry I'm wrong could have swore that difficulty existed originally. Game keeps autosaving tho. Thought it wasn't supposed to let you save? Im going to start a new game and report back.

*edit* Nevemind it's the old survival difficulty

Fallout facebook page just announced survival mode for PS4 and XB1 to be available in update 1.5 on Friday

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

For 24.99 there had better be a lot content in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I'm not sure, it smells a bit like a remastered Point Lookout

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

khamilto wrote: »
    Do you mean fancy FMV, or do you mean you want an ending that changes that fate of the galaxy?

FNVs ending changed the fate of the entire SW/Midwest United States, and the ending more accurately reflected the choices made along the journey than ME3s laughable ending.

The NV ending while having more intereting narrative to its ending was still a text heavy slideshow after putting in days to the game. Not what I want from a game of its size

While the ME3 ending (particular the original cut) is bonkers, it felt like some design effort went in to creating it.

If I want to an ending to be pictures and text, I'll read a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭khamilto

faceman wrote: »
    The NV ending while having more intereting narrative to its ending was still a text heavy slideshow after putting in days to the game. Not what I want from a game of its size

While the ME3 ending (particular the original cut) is bonkers, it felt like some design effort went in to creating it.

If I want to an ending to be pictures and text, I'll read a book.

So you want a cinematic, not an ending? Why not just say
    "I don't know if FNVs ending was good or bad as I don't really care about endings, but I would have liked more FMV".

I'm also not sure what FMV has to do with game endings, most games contain text, particularly those that actually attempt to tell a story.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

x43r0 wrote: »
    I'm not sure, it smells a bit like a remastered Point Lookout

Yep it was my first feeling after seeing the vid. Really hope its better than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep it was my first feeling after seeing the vid. Really hope its better than that.
    In terms of scale yeah, you'd want more, but PL was a fantastic piece of DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

In terms of scale yeah, you'd want more, but PL was a fantastic piece of DLC.

Didnt they say it was going to be huge tho? I think I read that somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

god's toy wrote: »
    Didnt they say it was going to be huge tho? I think I read that somewhere.

Bigger than any DLC Bethesda have done before they have said.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I think they were referring to the area/landmass size rather than the amount of content. I read somewhere the area is bigger than the Shivering Isles, but not as much content.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

It had better be and hopefully you can just walk there instead of being magically transported there.

• Just downloaded the patch on X1

2.3gbs

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

OK, I just downloaded Wasteland Workshop and now none of my mods are working! I tried uninstalling and re-installing them again, but no use. I only had 4 - Scrap Dead Things, Homemaker, Settlement Supplies Extended, Spring Cleaning.

Has anyone else experienced this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Toots wrote: »
    OK, I just downloaded Wasteland Workshop and now none of my mods are working! I tried uninstalling and re-installing them again, but no use. I only had 4 - Scrap Dead Things, Homemaker, Settlement Supplies Extended, Spring Cleaning.

The latest version of Spring cleaning is working okay for me (on PC I assume). I know homemaker/SSex where having some issues with keywords.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

If you're using Nexus manager, trying going into the plugins tab and see if any of them are turned off. I downloaded a few last week only to find out that while the mod was active the plugin was unticked.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Nothing at all is working for me. TBH I'm not even too pushed about homemaker/ssex just once Spring Cleaning and Scrap Dead Things works, because it drives me nuts that all the settlements are now encrusted with filth after I spent so long cleaning them up!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Nothing at all is working for me. TBH I'm not even too pushed about homemaker/ssex just once Spring Cleaning and Scrap Dead Things works, because it drives me nuts that all the settlements are now encrusted with filth after I spent so long cleaning them up!!

Don't the two of those conflict?

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    If you're using Nexus manager, trying going into the plugins tab and see if any of them are turned off. I downloaded a few last week only to find out that while the mod was active the plugin was unticked.

All plugins are active, I've just deactivated Homemaker to see if that makes a difference.

Don't the two of those conflict?

I hadn't had any trouble with them before installing Wasteland Workshop, but then when I re-installed everything I noticed an update in the Homemaker page on Nexus saying SSex was no longer supported, so I didn't bother reinstalling it. Thought that might have been the problem, but it's not :(

All plugins are active, I've just deactivated Homemaker to see if that makes a difference.

From R\Fallout4

Workaround:

1) Open Nexus Mod Manager

2) Launch your game, wait in the launcher before starting the game.

3) Renable the mods using Nexus Mod Manager

4) Click play

Alternatively, you can enable your mods then set C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt to readonly.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    From R\Fallout4

Workaround:

1) Open Nexus Mod Manager

2) Launch your game, wait in the launcher before starting the game.

3) Renable the mods using Nexus Mod Manager

4) Click play

Alternatively, you can enable your mods then set C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Fallout4\plugins.txt to readonly.

I tried the workaround but no joy. Also just checked and that file is already set to readonly....is that a problem?

I tried the workaround but no joy. Also just checked and that file is already set to readonly....is that a problem?

No that should be fine, just means that your game is ready to run mods. Very strange, most other solutions are for people who mess about with Hidden/Cut content, don't think that applies to yourself though.

No idea what that means so I'd say it doesn't :o

Would my load order have anything to do with it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Zillah wrote: »
    At the very least do an unlimited carry weight hack.
    You mean like something that might help you carry all of this stuff?

Strong_Back_Perk.png

:p

No idea what that means so I'd say it doesn't :o

Would my load order have anything to do with it?

Load order shouldn't be an issue for those 4 mods to work together but since you installed Wasteland Workshop, did you download the mod fresh when installing?

There are probably some compatibility issues with Settlement mods + Wasteland Workshop, so I'd double check (if you haven't already) that some extra mods are required to run in sync or if indeed the mods are up-to-date.

Anything after that I'm stumped as to what's causing the issue.

• Advertisement

I installed them fresh after installing WW (as in I deleted them completely, re-downloaded them, then reinstalled them) I'm wondering should I try a full uninstall and re-install but that's such a pain!

Advertisement