Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Well I'm currently only level 2. I messed up big time on my play through so had to restart

I did the same with it being my first time playing any of the games. For what it's worth, I had much more success ramping up heavy carrier (or whatever it's called), hacker/lockpick, cap collector, local leader scrapper and scrounger, and of course science/gun nut/armourer/blacksmith asap. Pick up just about everything (the encumbered fast travel perk is seriously useful for this) and sell, sell, sell.

Stick to a core of 6-12 guns, your hazmat suit and cage armor (later top end ballistic weave with legendary synth/combat armor on top), build up as many big stores as you can (they make money, but you can also sell as much crap as possible to them, including right after 'defend the settlement' side missions), and make loads and loads of industrial water purifiers wherever you can. Once you get the last of the perks that help you improve weapons/armour, you're a one man wrecking crew with silly amounts of cash - basically Iron Man, especially with the jet pack :p . I can run through 2,500 rounds of pay 'n' spray ammo and 50 missiles in one go, and then replace them without even feeling much of any difference in my pocket.

It also seemed to make it easier that I went for a good few settlements early, and always make your first settle a provisioner of course. Though I build walls all around all my settlements barring 1-2 entry ways (rammed full of turrets - now when I need to defend somewhere I just fast travel, sit back, and watch the carnage :D ) so absolutely had to make sure of that. Nothing more tedious than fast travelling between settlements to pick up junk to build something basic... especially when you realise after fast travelling back that you're still 1 copper short of that recruitment beacon!! :mad:

Though I probably would have been grand without scrapper, for what it's worth - wound up selling nearly all of it anyway, because I was barely touching the armor/weapon workstations until I got there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Well played a couple of hours of Far Harbor and I'm liking it so far. Barely visited many of the locations yet and it does feel quite big, bigger than I was expecting actually. Too early to give a full judgement yet but so far so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Doh! I've been taking the boat between far harbour and the commonwealth,just realised I can skip that and fast travel directly between the 2.

So were they telling porkies or is it actually bigger than any other DLC they have done including Elder Scrolls?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Quick tip for anyone like me who has an Xbox with a habit of crashing FO4

During the
    simulation level
    you can't save and the game won't autosave. As this part is pretty long an monotonous I was raging when my game crashed and had to start over.

To avoid this, you need to exit
    the simulation
    at certain points to save then go back to continue where you left off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Far Harbour any good? I'm still working my way through the main campaign.

Honestly Fallout 4 is so big - I'm not sure when I'll have time to "finish" it.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Far Habour - Console players beware - No spoilers

You can fast travel out but for those in Survival mode - There is no fast travel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Far Habour - Console players beware - No spoilers

You can fast travel out but for those in Survival mode - There is no fast travel.

I was there last night and was able to get in and out fine on ps4. Although I could see someone having problems if they are wearing power armour.

As an aside is anyone seeing frame rate issues when out in the wilderness in far habour? It seems to be more so in the daytime but I've definitely seen some issues.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I got a crash last just as I arrived in far harbour.

Found my favourite item so far in this DLC
    the Vim power armour :)

The enemy scaling in this DLC has kind of bit me in the arse though as every location is full heavily scaled enemies. For example a location with Super Mutants is populated by loads of Overlords. I'm going through ammo like crazy as I'm coming up against bullet sponge after bullet sponge.

• Advertisement

The enemy scaling in this DLC has kind of bit me in the arse though as every location is full heavily scaled enemies. For example a location with Super Mutants is populated by loads of Overlords. I'm going through ammo like crazy as I'm coming up against bullet sponge after bullet sponge.
    Get the Final Judgment gun and do it up fully... I killed a glowing behemoth super mutant with ONE shot!!

Granted it was a sneak attack in VATS and a critical strike, but still... the thing is a monster! It uses fusion cores as ammo, so you can buy 500 bullets (1 core) for about 300-350 caps? Technically the VATS shots are about 20 bullets. Makes the pay 'n' spray look like a pipe pistol!!

Between that, the Partystarter and the Big Boy (fat man that shoots 2 nukes for the price of one), there's pretty much nowhere that I can't clear out in under a minute if I want! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Billy86 wrote: »
    Get the Final Judgment gun and do it up fully... I killed a glowing behemoth super mutant with ONE shot!!

Granted it was a sneak attack in VATS and a critical strike, but still... the thing is a monster! It uses fusion cores as ammo, so you can buy 500 bullets (1 core) for about 300-350 caps? Technically the VATS shots are about 20 bullets. Makes the pay 'n' spray look like a pipe pistol!!

Between that, the Partystarter and the Big Boy (fat man that shoots 2 nukes for the price of one), there's pretty much nowhere that I can't clear out in under a minute if I want! :p

Where do you get the FInal Judgement? and what level should I be

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm finding it easy tbh

Where do you get the FInal Judgement? and what level should I be
    You get it off Elder Maxson if you go with the Railroad, if I recall. Game has been out months, but just in case of spoiling on someone - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Judgment :)

Set the barrel to 'sniper' instead of 'auto' and do up everything else to the maximum - brings your fire rate down from something like 320 to 90, but increases the shot power enough that it's a one hit kill gun (as in one single beam, not even in vats) for most characters.

Billy86 wrote: »
    You get it off Elder Maxson if you go with the Railroad, if I recall. Game has been out months, but just in case of spoiling on someone - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Judgment :)

Set the barrel to 'sniper' instead of 'auto' and do up everything else to the maximum - brings your fire rate down from something like 320 to 90, but increases the shot power enough that it's a one hit kill gun (as in one single beam, not even in vats) for most characters.

Isn't he with BoS though hahah. Too bad I'm going with the minutemen.. I played through all the ends and they were the only ones where I could still be friends with them all.

What difficulty are you playing on? I'm finding it easy tbh

Just normal. I was level 50 whenI started though. I'm not finding it difficult in the sense i'm dying a lot, it just takes a long time and a lot of bullets to take the enemies down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm on hard level 70 and not finding many sponges other than the fog crawler they are tough.

Im not a fan of this box stacking game bullshít.

Finished the main quest in Far Harbor today.
    Bit disappointed with my ending but that was more down to my choices. I convinced Dima to confess to the murder. I thought since i'd helped the Harbormen they'd spare Dima as well as Acadia but I was wrong. After that I just walk ed into the Nucleus, activated the missile and ran out the door. The End

Overall though the DLC was pretty good. Far Harbor itself as a location was great, there was a few good quests and characters so I'm quite happy.

Not feeling confident about the second wave of DLC. People who dug about in the games files. One was called Nukaworld( people are guessing a type of Nuka Cola theme park) and the other two were Workshop 02 and 03 which if we're getting another two Workshop DLCs is going to be a big dissappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Finished the main quest in Far Harbor today.
    Bit disappointed with my ending but that was more down to my choices. I convinced Dima to confess to the murder. I thought since i'd helped the Harbormen they'd spare Dima as well as Acadia but I was wrong. After that I just walk ed into the Nucleus, activated the missile and ran out the door. The End

Overall though the DLC was pretty good. Far Harbor itself as a location was great, there was a few good quests and characters so I'm quite happy.

Not feeling confident about the second wave of DLC. People who dug about in the games files. One was called Nukaworld( people are guessing a type of Nuka Cola theme park) and the other two were Workshop 02 and 03 which if we're getting another two Workshop DLCs is going to be a big dissappointment.

I'm at the last part too
    I told the harbourmen about dima and tried to convince them not to attack but they still attached arcadia. I was then pissed of at them for that and turned off the wind farm killing all of them. So only the children of atom are left but I'm considering nuking them too and just killing everyone

I found a vault! I was about too go bed but now this whole area just opened up.

• Advertisement

Anyone know of any websites where they tell you what Bobbleheads / Magazines you need?

I found a vault! I was about too go bed but now this whole area just opened up.
    Brain dead quest?

Anyone know of any websites where they tell you what Bobbleheads / Magazines you need?

There locations?

Brain dead quest?

Yeah, Great mission.

http://fallout4map.com/

this helps me

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

That's amazing.

Hey all,
    Was looking for a bit of advice on the main campaign:

I've finally made it to
    The Institute, and while introducing myself to the 4 doctors,
    I wasn't really paying attention and basically spamming the sarcastic / aggressive response option to most encounters, to speed through some of the boring / mandatory encounters.
    I had originally agreed with Father to join the institute, and hoped to do some of the Quests, but something happened and I was prompted to return to the Brotherhood of Jerks. Dr. Li has not modified my Pip-Boy and I have no way to return to The Institute.

So just wondering if I've closed off that element of the campaign.

I've no real interest in going with
    BoS
    , would liked to have seen what
    The Institute
    had to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

That's odd, by default, she should have given you that pip-boy upgrade regardless. All I can suggest is either talking to her again or reloading an earlier and trying again.

Thanks Little Finger, I had seen that site a while ago. It's great but I was hoping there'd be a similar site, which takes your gamer tag and checks which Bobble heads you already have and points you to the ones you don't.

Similar to some of the Destiny sites:
    https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/psn/ChimpAhoy

I guess Bethesda haven't opened up their API as much as Bungie have for Destiny.

• Advertisement

That's odd, by default, she should have given you that pip-boy upgrade regardless. All I can suggest is either talking to her again or reloading an earlier and trying again.

I can't get back in to see her, I haven't made any saves - apart from the auto save function :(

Where does
    The institute
    location show up on the Pip-Boy? Maybe I'm missing something...

I just can't believe they won't let me be a part of their super secret club, this is B.S.

Advertisement