Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ron Perlman is the voice of Falloutman.
    I was just about to ask did they keep Perlman for the narrator's voice? I couldn't hear it properly unless he changed his own tone - I don't know :o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

In Ron Pearlman voice 'Fallout engine......Fallout engine never changes....'

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He confirmed it himself:

https://twitter.com/perlmutations/status/606103480504180737

Thats him credited in every Fallout since the beginning.

Thargor wrote: »
    He confirmed it himself:

I should be ashamed of myself, so. I follow him on Twitter as well and I didn't even spot his tweet :o

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Its gotta be the Skyrim engine at least.

Which in itself was a MASSIVE improvement on the previous one used for fallouts and oblivion.

Honestly, looked better, never stuttered and I never had to force reset my ps3 once.

I would have been happy with a ps3 fallout with that engine so not overly bothered. No more broken DLC for PlayStation tho please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Irelandcool

I am disappointed that it wasn't set in Craggy Island

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Thargor wrote: »
    He confirmed it himself:

i know he did the originals and tactics, but did he do FO:BoS too?

That was a travesty :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Just saw the trailer. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Looked dated to me.. Glimpse of the character model at the end didn't look great or the textures on the dog hmmm but disappointed. Was looking forward to it being in a better engine bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Wouldn't be surprised if that came out either this year or early next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

IGN are claiming it will be out this year as of 2 hrs ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Once the features are rich and the gameplay is fun, I'd gladly accept it. :)

The Fallout games were never about the graphics anyway right from it's very roots, it was all about gameplay, features and detail.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Fallout games were never about the graphics anyway right from it's very roots, it was all about gameplay, features and detail.
    Once the features are rich and the gameplay is fun, I'd gladly accept it. :)

Exactly !

I couldn't give a damn about graphic either, as long as I have an interesting open world to explore and vats and I'll be good too go :D

And good lord above did it ever so deliver

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

sheehy83 wrote: »
    In Ron Pearlman voice 'Fallout engine......Fallout engine never changes....'

HLtcRpu.gif

Ah New Vegas didn't age well

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

This'll be my...5th attempt to get into Fallout now :pac: NV just never clicked for me, haemt given 3 enough of a chance yet though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

This'll be my...5th attempt to get into Fallout now :pac: NV just never clicked for me, haemt given 3 enough of a chance yet though

Play Fallout 2 its da best wun cause remember, gameplay > graphics

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Maybe it's something akin to stockholm syndrome but I kind of have a soft spot for the Gamebro/creation engine and its signature ropey physics can scarcely imagine an ultra realistic fallout universe (not to say that such a thing couldn't be great)

Wouldn't be a Fallout game for me unless every playthrough contains at least a half a dozen death cam shots with me few hundred feet in the air :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I want nice graphics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I want nice graphics too but I do shudder to think of the amount of freezes that we would encounter in a FO4 if the graphics were spectacular. I mean we already know that at least 10% of the game will be spent looking at loading screens, good graphics could make this even longer. #desperatejustification

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Looks like it could be an October release date.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/28v2dn/i_played_fallout_4/

This Reddit post from 11 months ago by a self-proclaimed former Bethesda employee has been entirely on the money so far with what they've predicted. (Minor spoilers).

Also claims that the engine is entirely new

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

This Reddit post from 11 months ago by a self-proclaimed former Bethesda employee has been entirely on the money so far with what they've predicted. (Minor spoilers).

Does it mention a release date in that link?

Very Interesting read. Apparently she was fired for accidentally leaking FO4 info and Kotaku picked it up. She said she saw a roadmap for release.

1. June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
    2. July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
    3. August 2015 - More information
    4. October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
    5. November 2015 - First DLC
    6. December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
    7. January 2016 - Third DLC
    8. March 2016 - Forth DLC
    9. April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
    10. June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
    11. October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Let the wild optimism reign, we'll have it for October.

That post claims that there is also a PS3/360 version in development and will come out a year after the PC/PS4/X1 version. Why bother, in a year the PS3 and 360 will be well past if for a big release like this. That part sounds flaky.

Has anyone seen a recent reddit post where they go back over that archived post? She takes a lot of sh1t in that thread and never posted again and now that thread is locked. Nice way to ruin your career in the games industry by the way.

That post claims that there is also a PS3/360 version in development and will come out a year after the PC/PS4/X1 version. Why bother, in a year the PS3 and 360 will be well past if for a big release like this. That part sounds flaky.
    PS3 and 360 mentions in the CSS file of the countdown page. anyway back then it would probably have been unthinkable to rule out 360 with the amount Fallout III and NV sold on the system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

A map three times the size of Skyrim, eh? Should be big enough, shouldn't it?! :pac:

Advertisement