Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I can't get back in to see her, I haven't made any saves - apart from the auto save function :(

Where does
    The institute
    location show up on the Pip-Boy? Maybe I'm missing something...

I just can't believe they won't let me be a part of their super secret club, this is B.S.

It does, looks a bit like that Da Vinci 'Vitruvian man' painting, just a tiny bit south-east of the police station where you first meet the BOS, and directly above CIT ruins. Very good chance it's there and you haven't noticed, if I recall I had the same problem when I met them.

Here ya go - http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/e/e4/FO4_Institute_Map_Marker.png/revision/latest?cb=20151217125251

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Modding community making new fallout location, bad news will take a few years.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-05-24-giant-fallout-4-mod-set-in-seattle-is-in-development

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Billy86 wrote: »
    It does, looks a bit like that Da Vinci 'Vitruvian man' painting, just a tiny bit south-east of the police station where you first meet the BOS, and directly above CIT ruins. Very good chance it's there and you haven't noticed, if I recall I had the same problem when I met them.

Here ya go - http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/e/e4/FO4_Institute_Map_Marker.png/revision/latest?cb=20151217125251

I'll check that later on tonight, cheers for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I guess Bethesda haven't opened up their API as much as Bungie have for Destiny.

For all intents and purposes, this is an Offline game.
    It couldn't be more different from Destiny in that regard

Get used to checking your backpack on your pip-boy.
    It's the only way (on PS4) to actually review stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Even on hard this game is a cake walk. I love it but theres no challenge here at all. Im glad to see the garden gnomes back around far harbor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Thanks Little Finger, I had seen that site a while ago. It's great but I was hoping there'd be a similar site, which takes your gamer tag and checks which Bobble heads you already have and points you to the ones you don't.

Similar to some of the Destiny sites:
    https://destinycalcifiedfragments.com/psn/ChimpAhoy

I guess Bethesda haven't opened up their API as much as Bungie have for Destiny.

You could create an account there and keep track of the ones you have? they should be in your inventory or on display? There are only 20 bobbleheads so not too hard to check to see which one you have/don't have

Billy86 wrote: »

OK, found it - it was indeed added to my Pip-Boy but what ever I said to them, they are píssed with me!

Fast travelled there last night and everyone immediately started shooting at me.

Cormac... wrote: »
    For all intents and purposes, this is an Offline game.
    It couldn't be more different from Destiny in that regard

that's true enough - I'll keep this in mind the next time I'm bitching about games always requiring you to be connected :pac:

OK, found it - it was indeed added to my Pip-Boy but what ever I said to them, they are píssed with me!

Fast travelled there last night and everyone immediately started shooting at me.

You probably told Father you didn't want to join him. That's what gets you kicked from the institute. Have you a save file close to that that you can reload?

You probably told Father you didn't want to join him. That's what gets you kicked from the institute. Have you a save file close to that that you can reload?

Nope - no save file.
    I did tell Father I wanted to join but I spamming the aggressive answers to the rest of the Dr's. as I was introducing myself wasn't the best idea :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Nope - no save file.
    I did tell Father I wanted to join but I spamming the aggressive answers to the rest of the Dr's. as I was introducing myself wasn't the best idea :pac:

Era, you're not missing much, not really going to be kick,ing yourself over your choice regardless afaik.

Just enjoy playing and pick another set of Crab People to side with

Anyone else noticed certain quests are bugged?

The Old Guns quest, I was asked to built the artillery, I needed to pick up some materials but once I did, I built the artillery but the quest won't advance.

The Silver Shroud quest, keeps telling me to talk to Hancock dressed as the Silver Shroud, but every time I talk to him he asks me to keeps asking to hang out with me and won't allow me to progress the quest.

I've also got a number of BoS quests which are stuck...

For some reason the BoS questline broke my heart. So this play through I'm going with the minute men since it doesn't really affect any of the companions I like.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CiaranW

The Silver Shroud quest, keeps telling me to talk to Hancock dressed as the Silver Shroud, but every time I talk to him he asks me to keeps asking to hang out with me and won't allow me to progress the quest.

The Old Guns quest, I was asked to built the artillery, I needed to pick up some materials but once I did, I built the artillery but the quest won't advance.

I think you have to assign a settler to the artillery position.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm sad i have finished the Far Harbor DLC, I really enjoyed it.

CiaranW wrote: »
    I think you have to assign a settler to the artillery position.

I got this completed, I needed to talk to Ronnie Shaw, although there was no quest marker for her. Got this finished and defended the Castle.

The Defend the Castle mission was actually great fun, got Chem'd up and ran about with an extra heavy pipe wrench.
    Arranged all of my turrets inside the castle so when the synths filtered through the entrances they were cut down quickly!

Cormac... wrote: »
    Era, you're not missing much, not really going to be kick,ing yourself over your choice regardless afaik.

Just enjoy playing and pick another set of Crab People to side with

I sided with the Minute Men in the end. I'm a bit upset I didn't get to see Liberty Prime back in action.

Doing the memory sequences on Far Harbor DLC, total rubbish :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The block puzzles?

The block puzzles?

Aye, and I'm not a fan. Just think they could have come up with something better there instead of recycling the settlement elements for that part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Aye, and I'm not a fan. Just think they could have come up with something better there instead of recycling the settlement elements for that part.

Ya after the first two it just got really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I enjoyed them but generally like those kind of things

• Mods coming to Xbox One version this week I believe. Possibly tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

M!Ck^ wrote:
    Mods coming to Xbox One version this week I believe. Possibly tomorrow.

Yeah tomorrow May 31st. Just be aware if you have mods active or have used mods previously on a save you won't be able to unlock any more achievements. So keep mods on a separate save file until you've all achievements unlocked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Did er any of ye
    somehow have sex with a robobrain actress
    ?

Mods are now live on xb1 :)

403mb update

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Mods are now live on xb1 :)

403mb update

Could someone on Xbox, let us know what they think of them?

I'm currently on PC but very interested in how they work out on consoles. Solely for my own interests.

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Could someone on Xbox, let us know what they think of them?

I'm currently on PC but very interested in how they work out on consoles. Solely for my own interests.

Eurogamer did a quickstart guide for them so you can have a look at how they work , I'd say most of them are the more popular ones form pc, i tested the nuka cola pip boy one

After I tried out a few mods on an older save file, I panicked when I went to load my regular main save file and it wasn't there. All that was showing up was the 1 save file with [M] beside it.

I finally found all my save files my going into Load, then pressing Y to 'Select Character' which gives 3 options:

1: Show All Saves
    2: MiskyBoyy [Modded]
    3: MiskyBoyy

Maybe it's obvious to some people but for those who it isn't, like me. Your old save files are there & safe :P

• Advertisement

• Any mods to add new weapons? Or possible re-balance survival mode slightly?

Advertisement