Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any mods to add new weapons? Or possible re-balance survival mode slightly?

You can view all the mods available for XB1 online: https://mods.bethesda.net/#en/workshop/fallout4/view-all?platform=XB1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Doing the memory sequences on Far Harbor DLC, total rubbish

Just did the 5 of them there now. Ffs, thought it would never end!

Finished Far Harbor last night.

It was grand I guess in terms of the factions and choices being better than the main game ones. It just wore on me more than anything.

I'm a big fan of the series but struggled to get through it. Fallout and ES I think too are badly in need of a change to the mission/quest structure and mechanics and their combat. I'm not sure how they can do it without upsetting a lot of people in the process who would certainly resist it but they really need to do something different for their next game I think.

• Finished Far Harbor last night.

It was grand I guess in terms of the factions and choices being better than the main game ones. It just wore on me more than anything.

I'm a big fan of the series but struggled to get through it. Fallout and ES I think too are badly in need of a change to the mission/quest structure and mechanics and their combat. I'm not sure how they can do it without upsetting a lot of people in the process who would certainly resist it but they really need to do something different for their next game I think.

For me in essence the combat is great it's just the repetitive nature of the mission structure causes the combat to become a chore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    For me in essence the combat is great it's just the repetitive nature of the mission structure causes the combat to become a chore.

Yes those radiant quest are annoying as hell, i would have much preferreed a decent quanity of side quest instead of those radiant chore quests, other than that i love the game, sure the story isnt great but other than that the combat is great and i love the world .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Didn't play the game in over five months so I might give survival mode a shot tonight.

• Anyone determine any good mods that complement survival mode? Finding it kind of annoying at this stage. Amount of time lost if you die is frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

The personal vertibird mod would be handy as you can't fast travel in that mode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Survival Quick Save by Gopher, i believe it's up on Xbox mods now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Do mirelurks count towards the kill 30 sea creatures trophy in far harbour?

• Advertisement

No don't think so has to be the new ones. Should come naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Two creatures confirmed for the trophy/achievement to pop are Gulpers and Anglers with Mutated hermit crabs, Fog crawlers and New Mirelurk types being marked as possible creatures.

Haven't actually ventured into Far Harbor myself yet as I'm still gearing up back in Boston.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Decided to fork out for the season pass.

Logged on last night, fast travelled back to Sanctuary to drop off my junk - game crashes! Logged off and went to bed instead...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Only started Far Harbor as I've been away.

Question:
    Is the whole island radiated requiring hazmat or power amour?

Whats the best way to get the reach full happiness in a settlement trophy? Also how do u get more people in your settlement? I set up a radio tower in sanctuary but no one is coming .

faceman wrote: »
    Only started Far Harbor as I've been away.

Question:
    Is the whole island radiated requiring hazmat or power amour?

You dont need one, some radaway will sort ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Whats the best way to get the reach full happiness in a settlement trophy? Also how do u get more people in your settlement? I set up a radio tower in sanctuary but no one is coming .

You might have to goole that specific trophy, it's got way too many interdependencies (so many so, that I gave up getting platnium cause of it).

Think settlement needs 20+ people.

You need to have more Power/Water/Food etc than you have people

Think you need the Local Leader perk too..

A whole bunch of other stuff..... loads of plaeyrs at launch were getting stuck at the high-90%'s

I've been severely struggling with this myself. I've tried and failed with 6 different settlement locations. I've been setting up the radio towers and letting people flock to them and then building up their basic needs food, water etc and setting up supply lines to make sure all my stuff if together.

All of them have 20 settlers with all main types of stores and more than adequate protection (Believe me)

The only person I've seen get it correctly had about 10 Bars/restaurants and 5 Clinics with turrets guarding every inch of the place + You get a slight bonus happiness if you stay in the settlement for a while. So might be best if you get it high enough is to sleep there for 24 hours and see if it changes.

My own settlements happiness hit the highest at 80 and then drops to about 60 and from there it just hits highs and lows in-between those 2 never going any lower or higher from there.

In terms of people not arriving, once the Recruitment beacon is powered and running people will come. I'm not sure of the direct time limit it takes for people to come. Usually when I set up a settlement there's one there about an hour or so but for my other settlements like Sanctuary and Sunshine Tidings Co-Op (despite both having recruitment beacons it takes forever)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,787 ✭✭✭Evade

I struggled with the 100% happiness trophy too. If you're doing every thing else, correct store types etc, you've probably got synth infiltrators. Get the perk that shows enemy resistances in VATS and target all your settlers. Send everyone who has an energy resistance off to the gulag lovely alternate destination of your choice. If you need to build up more population you could set a beacon at an alternate location and scan settlers before sending them to the settlement you're building up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Evade wrote: »
    I struggled with the 100% happiness trophy too. If you're doing every thing else, correct store types etc, you've probably got synth infiltrators. Get the perk that shows enemy resistances in VATS and target all your settlers. Send everyone who has an energy resistance off to the gulag lovely alternate destination of your choice. If you need to build up more population you could set a beacon at an alternate location and scan settlers before sending them to the settlement you're building up.

Will settlers not attack you if you kill a settler, I tried killing mama murphy but then all the settlers turned against me

• Advertisement

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I've been severely struggling with this myself. I've tried and failed with 6 different settlement locations. I've been setting up the radio towers and letting people flock to them and then building up their basic needs food, water etc and setting up supply lines to make sure all my stuff if together.

All of them have 20 settlers with all main types of stores and more than adequate protection (Believe me)

The only person I've seen get it correctly had about 10 Bars/restaurants and 5 Clinics with turrets guarding every inch of the place + You get a slight bonus happiness if you stay in the settlement for a while. So might be best if you get it high enough is to sleep there for 24 hours and see if it changes.

My own settlements happiness hit the highest at 80 and then drops to about 60 and from there it just hits highs and lows in-between those 2 never going any lower or higher from there.

In terms of people not arriving, once the Recruitment beacon is powered and running people will come. I'm not sure of the direct time limit it takes for people to come. Usually when I set up a settlement there's one there about an hour or so but for my other settlements like Sanctuary and Sunshine Tidings Co-Op (despite both having recruitment beacons it takes forever)

Same thing happened me , my happiness was 80 and dropped ro 60 :/

Evade wrote: »

I may try this later to see if anything changes. Does your relationship with the Institute have anything to do with Synths being sent to settlements?

I'm still on a new-ish character (level 22) and I've more or less avoided the main storyline up to the point where I've unlocked access to Far Habour.

Rorok wrote: »
    Will settlers not attack you if you kill a settler, I tried killing mama murphy but then all the settlers turned against me

Yes they will turn on you if you openly attack a settler, so it's probably best to keep a spare settlement if you want to avoid the fallout (No pun intended). I keep Spectacle island empty for this reason, (+the fact I don't like the area) if for whatever reason I don't like/want a settler I send them there to ethier reassign them somewhere else later or to flat out kill them.
    Same thing happened me , my happiness was 80 and dropped ro 60 :/

My main settlement is Starlight Drive In and the place is basically a palace at this stage and they're still not happy. Radios, TVS (Albeit nothing is on), fancy beds, couches, separate bedrooms and enough resources to last years, about ready to start randomly firing mini-nukes at the settlement to remind the settlers how lucky they are.

Rorok wrote: »
    Only if your seen doing it, that's why you send them to a settlement area you're not developing. Once there's nothing but synths there who's to say there wasn't an unfortunate negligent discharge of a MIRV Fatman?

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I may try this later to see if anything changes. Does your relationship with the Institute have anything to do with Synths being sent to settlements?
    I don't think so. I was never on completely on there side but even when I was stringing them along there were synths in my settlements, although I didn't know it at the time.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'd recommend not doing it with Sanctuary, I've found it easier to get settlers to stay happier in smaller settlements like Outpost Zimonja or Tenpines Bluff. I've heard of people having good success with Red Rocket Truck Stop also.

Also your shops/restaurants/clinics need to be Tier 3 so you'll need to have the relevant local leader perk to get those. Armor and weapons stores don't count towards settlement happiness, so don't bother putting those in whatever settlement you're trying to get to 100%.

You need to make sure you've got enough food and water (1 unit of each for each settler) and then ramp up the defence as much as you can. Then decorate the fcuk out of the place, like I mean paintings on all the walls, plants all over the place, milk and smokes vending machines on every corner. Oh and flags.

If you haven't sided with the Institute then you'll need to watch out for synths coming in disguised as settlers and making mischief with your generators and water purifiers etc. As above, get the perk that shows you what your target's weaknesses and strengths are, then anyone who's highly resistant to energy is most likely a synth, so ship them off to a dedicated synth settlement where you can feed them to a deathclaw at a later date. Don't try and kill them in your nice settlement cos all your settlers will then turn hostile.

Make sure the radio tower is powered up and broadcasting.
    I built one last week and connected it to a generator but it was switched off - I had to manually switch in on (there's a power switch on the tower).

In order to increase happiness you need to build lots of shops - but I believe not all shops increase happiness, you need to read the description.

I also read online, and I don't know how true this is, that if you have people unassigned, they are more likely to buy something at a shop - therefore increasing happiness.

Actually - has anyone noticed when you view your settlements, there is a warning sign on the happiness meter.

I can never figure out what's going on. The settlement is not being attacked, beds, food, water and defence are all good.

I'll check for synths later tonight...

I also read online, and I don't know how true this is, that if you have people unassigned, they are more likely to buy something at a shop - therefore increasing happiness.
    I'm pretty sure everyone needs a job. Moochers might be happy but those with jobs won't be.

I haven't done this since the game came out but when I reloaded my last save starting the dlc I had a field of turrets, 15 shops with settlers assigned etc

Had a look at the guides and process seems to have been simplified a little since I did it.

Take your pick from here http://www.trueachievements.com/a209690/benevolent-leader-achievement.htm

• Advertisement

I visited all my main settlements after purchasing the Awareness perk (ability to see the different types of resistance stats my settlers have).

After removing all armour pieces and replacing with basic clothes that offers no protection at all, no settler has shown energy resistance in any settlement. That's over a total of 60 settlers, am I to assume that I don't have any synths in my settlements or am I just missing something entirely?

Advertisement