Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    I visited all my main settlements after purchasing the Awareness perk (ability to see the different types of resistance stats my settlers have).

After removing all armour pieces and replacing with basic clothes that offers no protection at all, no settler has shown energy resistance in any settlement. That's over a total of 60 settlers, am I to assume that I don't have any synths in my settlements or am I just missing something entirely?

All the settlers I've checked have been synth free (besides Warwick but that's supposed to have a synth). I've kept on the good side of the institute though (haven't fully sided with them though) so that could be why

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I visited all my main settlements after purchasing the Awareness perk (ability to see the different types of resistance stats my settlers have).

After removing all armour pieces and replacing with basic clothes that offers no protection at all, no settler has shown energy resistance in any settlement. That's over a total of 60 settlers, am I to assume that I don't have any synths in my settlements or am I just missing something entirely?

Have you signed up with a faction yet or are you not at that stage yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Toots wrote: »
    Have you signed up with a faction yet or are you not at that stage yet?

I have all factions available to me. Haven't fully committed to any as of yet, that could be the reason.

Also in terms of story
    (Main Story spoiler)
    Does anyone think they could have stretched out the Kellogg is somehow controlling Valentine, maybe in a side-quest or something? I think it would be a good twist on things, thought it was quite good and could have been it's own entity rather than a single line of dialogue at the end of a quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I haven't done this since the game came out but when I reloaded my last save starting the dlc I had a field of turrets, 15 shops with settlers assigned etc

Had a look at the guides and process seems to have been simplified a little since I did it.

Take your pick from here http://www.trueachievements.com/a209690/benevolent-leader-achievement.htm

This looks fairly easy actually, I've been working with Sanctuary but when you look at it like this, not all employees can e working on something that will increase happiness.
    Wrapped in a spoiler in case people want to do it themselves:
    What you need:
    -6 Mutfruit Plants
    -10 Heavy Turrets
    -5 Level 3 Clinics
    -6 Settlers
    -7 Bed
    -A FRESH Settlement

I say fresh because there is SO much that can effect this acheivement. You see, variables suck. Basically, I picked the Sunshine Tidings Co-op because I never sent a caravan to it, it wasn't touched by much and it was considered a "large" settlement yet this might not matter. My other settlements had brahmine, and caravans which are considered "unemployed settlers" and are hard to get back, even with a bell.

So once you found your clean settlement, you should build the previously mentioned. Go to other settlements and send settlers until you ONLY have 6. There is an important reason behind this. Each settler needs 1 food, 1 water and a level of defense higher than the total size of the settlement. More is better and doesn't tax the settlement so just build 10 heavy turrets.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I have all factions available to me. Haven't fully committed to any as of yet, that could be the reason.

Also in terms of story
    (Main Story spoiler)
    Does anyone think they could have stretched out the Kellogg is somehow controlling Valentine, maybe in a side-quest or something? I think it would be a good twist on things, thought it was quite good and could have been it's own entity rather than a single line of dialogue at the end of a quest.

I don't think they'll start damaging your settlements unless you pin your colours to the mast with one of the factions that's hostile to the institute. I actually sided with the institute in my current play-through, and I haven't had any synths in any of my settlements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

A new DLC called "Contraptions - Workshop" has installed early on an Xbox players console.

"Looks like the workshop stuff is the leaked "far harbor workshop items"

Quick video showing the items here: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Kaancer/video/18454706

Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4nor6h/did_my_xbox_confirm_new_dlc/

I don't think they'll start damaging your settlements unless you pin your colours to the mast with one of the factions that's hostile to the institute. I actually sided with the institute in my current play-through, and I haven't had any synths in any of my settlements.

That makes sense, I do plan on siding with them myself down the line, so it would make sense for them to not interfere with any of my settlements.
    MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    A new DLC called "Contraptions - Workshop" has installed early on an Xbox players console.

Being linked to Bethesda's E3 Presentation which is happening later tonight.

"Looks like the workshop stuff is the leaked "far harbor workshop items"

Quick video showing the items here: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Kaancer/video/18454706

Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/4nor6h/did_my_xbox_confirm_new_dlc/

That link is dead and all of the links on the Reddit page are dead too - #Conspiracy.
    That or Bethesda filed a complaint?

The lad who posted all the details on the "new content" just received a right kick in the face.

"Update 4: Got an email saying my xbox live account and console are banned. Yay.
    Enforcement Detail
    This account engaged in illegitimate prerelease title play. This activity includes the play of a game title before it has been released or authorized for play on the Xbox Live service, the unauthorized release of confidential content or material, or the violation of a binding non-disclosure agreement. This enforcement affects the account's Xbox Live privileges until 12/31/9999 (UTC)
    The following Xbox account privileges were suspended as a result of the selected enforcement:
    GameDVR upload and Upload Studio privileges have been suspended
    Kinect upload privilege has been suspended
    Party privilege has been suspended
    Xbox progress sharing through social networks privilege has been suspended
    Voice and text communication privileges have been suspended
    Multiplayer privilege has been suspended
    Broadcast privilege has been suspended
    Privilege to change profile, gamerpic on Xbox One has been suspended
    Seems a bit excessive considering I obtained it through the xbox store and as far as I know it wasn't under an NDA. Much like every other open beta or things of the sort that show up for public download."

That is crazy... The top comment on the Reddit thread sums it up perfectly:
    They ****ing banned you for someone else's ****up?

That's really low, I mean, unless he's somehow managed to modify his Xbox or the software to get access to the download before it was released - this was someone else's fúck up and he was entirely entitled to download the update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus that's bad form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Achievements for the next DLC:

http://imgur.com/EoJKDNB

Achievements for the next DLC:

http://imgur.com/EoJKDNB

Preston Garvey, Mama Murphy , Sturges, Marcey and Jun Long will be in a pillory in a walled off area of Sanctuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

That is crazy... The top comment on the Reddit thread sums it up perfectly:

Link? I couldn't find it on /r/FO4

Cormac... wrote: »
    Link? I couldn't find it on /r/FO4

It's on the previous page of this thread.

Here's the direct link

It's on the previous page of this thread.

Here's the direct link

Thanks, I missed that

It's stupid there is a Fallout Subbreddit (with Fallout 4 content) and a Fallout 4 Subreddit.

Pet Peeve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Preston Garvey, Mama Murphy , Sturges, Marcey and Jun Long will be in a pillory in a walled off area of Sanctuary.

Im going to put Sheffield there too, maybe Strong cause he hates everything and its very annoying

If you're playing on PC I've just found a console command that's potentially life changing..... you can make Mama Murphy (and the rest) assignable, send them to other settlements or make them provisioners!! I put got the crabbid old junkie off the chems, then set her to work on the farm.

What you do is open the console window and click on the person who you want to change/fix, then type (without the quotation marks)

"setpv bCommandable 1" press Enter - this allows you to assign them
    "setpv bAllowMove 1" press Enter - this allows you to transfer them
    "setpv bAllowCaravan 1" press Enter - this allows you make them provisioners

close the console window
    Fast travel away from the settlement, then fast travel back in, and you're all set!

If you're playing on PC I've just found a console command that's potentially life changing..... you can make Mama Murphy (and the rest) assignable, send them to other settlements or make them provisioners!! I put got the crabbid old junkie off the chems, then set her to work on the farm.

What you do is open the console window and click on the person who you want to change/fix, then type (without the quotation marks)

"setpv bCommandable 1" press Enter - this allows you to assign them
    "setpv bAllowMove 1" press Enter - this allows you to transfer them
    "setpv bAllowCaravan 1" press Enter - this allows you make them provisioners

close the console window
    Fast travel away from the settlement, then fast travel back in, and you're all set!

YES! - Thank you!

Off to Slave Camp Echo Murkwater with you all.

Time to make Sanctuary Hills Great again! (Pity I spring cleaned all the houses)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

@Toots thank you! so gonna use that!

played for 6 hours today and lost power twice... and the saves were mostly gone. :(

• Advertisement

I do most of my crafting in Sanctuary and was just thinking. Is there any benefit in having multiple scavenging stations in the same settlement?

For example, I don't need anyone running guard duty, but I do need more screws, oil, etc... So would having 3 or 4 scavenging stations show any benefit?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I do most of my crafting in Sanctuary and was just thinking. Is there any benefit in having multiple scavenging stations in the same settlement?

For example, I don't need anyone running guard duty, but I do need more screws, oil, etc... So would having 3 or 4 scavenging stations show any benefit?

You can send people out to scavenge for you?

Do you have supply lines set up with the local leader perk? I'd imagine that the more scavenging stations you have the more stuff you'd get, but I don't know for sure. If you have supply lines set up, you could set up extra scavenging stations in several settlements and then get loads of stuff!

After a quick google:

If you build a scavenging station in your settlement and assign someone to it, they will add 2 or 3 pieces of junk, per day, to your workbench.

In this example the person sleeps for 1 day and received some vegetables, purified water and some junk:
    Glass.
    Fiber optics.
    Shovel.
    Silver.
    Skull fragment.
    Wood.

My guess is the vegetables and water are from the farm and water purifier and the junk is from the 3 scavenging stations. So, 2 pieces of junk per person, per day...

So if I set up a supply line, is this shared with each settlement? So is it worth having 1 or 2 settlements with just scavenging stations and setting up supply lines to your main settlement?

Scavenging stations will start to collect a bunch of random items in your workshop. There's no guarantee you will find a specific resource but the chances of getting decent-ish items (especially with 3-4 of them) will increase.
    (If screws are an issue for you, consider the scrapper perk. This causes a lot of weapons to yield screws)
    You can send people out to scavenge for you?

You can build them in the workshop under Resources -> Miscellaneous - Scav Station.

Then you just assign a settler to them and every 30-45 minutes (Real time) they will deposit some random items into your workshop.

This might not seem like a good use of settlers but consider having 5 Scav stations in 6 settlements each connected via a supply line. That's at least 30 items (Some settlers collect multiple items) for use in those 6 settlements.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Scavenging stations will start to collect a bunch of random items in your workshop. There's no guarantee you will find a specific resource but the chances of getting decent-ish items (especially with 3-4 of them) will increase.
    (If screws are an issue for you, consider the scrapper perk. This causes a lot of weapons to yield screws)

You can build them in the workshop under Resources -> Miscellaneous - Scav Station.

Then you just assign a settler to them and every 30-45 minutes (Real time) they will deposit some random items into your workshop.

This might not seem like a good use of settlers but consider having 5 Scav stations in 6 settlements each connected via a supply line. That's at least 30 items (Some settlers collect multiple items) for use in those 6 settlements.

Nice, I had no idea you could do that.

Do you have supply lines set up with the local leader perk? I'd imagine that the more scavenging stations you have the more stuff you'd get, but I don't know for sure. If you have supply lines set up, you could set up extra scavenging stations in several settlements and then get loads of stuff!

Posted my reply before I saw this, I do have supply lines setup but I added them randomly.
    I saw on a YT video, someone setting up supply lines put all supply lines to 1 main base of operations - which makes sense. That way you're sharing resources equally with all settlements.

I think it's time we overthrow Mayor Chimp! How are we expected to live in these vile conditions!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Posted my reply before I saw this, I do have supply lines setup but I added them randomly.
    I saw on a YT video, someone setting up supply lines put all supply lines to 1 main base of operations - which makes sense. That way you're sharing resources equally with all settlements.

I didn't think it matters. It only works for building things. Not water you can take from the workbench but it will for your settlers needs.

The water purifer trick is an example of the wb not working as you think. If you dont collect it from the wb it disappears. I just have a box beside mine and dump it in after every mission. Great for free caps when you sell it later.

• Advertisement

Potatoeman wrote: »
    I didn't think it matters. It only works for building things. Not water you can take from the workbench but it will for your settlers needs.

The water purifer trick is an example of the wb not working as you think. If you dont collect it from the wb it disappears. I just have a box beside mine and dump it in after every mission. Great for free caps when you sell it later.

Supply lines only allow access to the "Junk" category across settlements. Weapons, Apparel and aid are all exclusive to that specific settlement.

Advertisement