Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Supply lines only allow access to the "Junk" category across settlements. Weapons, Apparel and aid are all exclusive to that specific settlement.

Food and water can transfer between sites for settlers though. I have never heard a good reason why water does not accumulate at the same rate as when you remove it from the wb.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

OMFG just had (another) weird glitch with Sanctuary... suddenly every single settler unassigned themselves from their jobs. FFS! I may have mentioned further back on the thread, but my Sanctuary has an odd glitch with the settlement population cap meaning that I've got 70 settlers that I now have to reassign! FML!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Toots wrote: »
    OMFG just had (another) weird glitch with Sanctuary... suddenly every single settler unassigned themselves from their jobs. FFS! I may have mentioned further back on the thread, but my Sanctuary has an odd glitch with the settlement population cap meaning that I've got 70 settlers that I now have to reassign! FML!!!

70?!

Think it might be time to introduce The Purge to your settlers.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

70?!

Think it might be time to introduce The Purge to your settlers.

It does have its upsides, I've got most of them working in shops so it makes feck loads of caps!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    I think it's time we overthrow Mayor Chimp! How are we expected to live in these vile conditions!

Thats President Chimp to you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

I was sure id bought this on disc and traded it in,until yesterday when i accidentally clicked on the game icon in my games library.. its boots up and im continuing from where i left off!.. ended up playing it for 4 hours straight...
    Delighted!

Toots wrote: »
    It does have its upsides, I've got most of them working in shops so it makes feck loads of caps!

You can collect caps that shops are making from the workbench?

If that's the case my settlement with 1 of each shop is making next to nothing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Dlc in August is gonna be the last for fallout 4

The Dlc in August is gonna be the last for fallout 4

There was also talk of Fallout 4 VR in 2017. Not entirely pushed about VR myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

You can collect caps that shops are making from the workbench?

If that's the case my settlement with 1 of each shop is making next to nothing.

I built a bunch of them and also went for all the heavy lifting perks and squeezed an industrial water purifier just about everywhere they could be squoze into. I think I have read purified water and stores each give you a little money automatically, but I just horde the bejaysus out of every single area I go to (regularly return back with a weight of over 2,000) and then keep what I want, scrap what I want, and sell the rest (prob about 90% of it) - traders are great for this because you can buy tonnes of junk with valuable pieces from them, and offset by selling them 4,591,103,305 pieces of raider/leather armor and pipe weapons. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

There was also talk of Fallout 4 VR in 2017. Not entirely pushed about VR myself though.

That's not DLC tho.

Personally sounds amazing to me. I wasn't overly eager to get VR until they announced Fallout 4 in VR. That would be ****in awesome!

If they only made Battlefield 1 in VR now I'd lose my shít! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I bet those people that bought the season pass at the increased price must feel a bit miffed at the announcement it's the last DLC, and not without reason.

I bought the Season pas for €50, and yea... I'm a bit píssed alright.

I hadn't realised it had gone up in price (what was the original price?) when I bought it, but a lot of people were raving about Far Harbour and the other add-on's, so I said I'd fork out for it.

I'm having a bit of fun with Automatron DLC but with only 1 real mission, it's very light on content. Only 1 real mission and a big part of that is fetch missions.
    I haven't even started Far Harbour yet. So I'm hoping there will be a lot more content there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I bought the Season pas for €50, and yea... I'm a bit píssed alright.

I hadn't realised it had gone up in price (what was the original price?) when I bought it, but a lot of people were raving about Far Harbour and the other add-on's, so I said I'd fork out for it.

I'm having a bit of fun with Automatron DLC but with only 1 real mission, it's very light on content. Only 1 real mission and a big part of that is fetch missions.
    I haven't even started Far Harbour yet. So I'm hoping there will be a lot more content there.

I think it was €25.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I bet those people that bought the season pass at the increased price must feel a bit miffed at the announcement it's the last DLC, and not without reason.

I certainly am, last season pass i ever buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Yeah, I didn't like the whole "buy the season pass now before it goes up in price!!". Don't like gamers being somewhat blackmailed like that into buying DLC.

If that is the end of the DLC, then €50 was a crazy price to charge for the season pass.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I think it was €25.

To be fair - €25 for the DLCs is a bargain.
    The problem I see with the Season Pass is, there's a lot of content there - but very little of it is worth paying for...

Fallout 4 add-ons list:
    • Automatron.
    • Wasteland Workshop.
    • Far Harbour.
    • Contraptions.
    • Vault-tech Workshop.
    • Nuka World.

Automatron,Wasteland workshop, Contraptions, Vault tech Workshop should really have been free add-ons. I think they were just added to bulk up the content to make the €50 justifiable.

Realistically you're paying €50 for Far Harbour and Nuka World, so lets hope they're worth it (I haven't played the Far Harbour DLC yet). Which I think is too much.

To be honest, I'm just happy they released another Fallout for me to play with - it's a game I've waited a very long time for and I'm enjoying playing it. Maybe the Season pass wasn't worth €50, I'm not sure what a reasonable price would be - I'm just happy to have a new Fallout game, I'm enjoying again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Got the game for Christmas played it a little it before I put it away for various reasons but the past week or so I starting playing it again and I really love it just wondering around the map picking up loads of quests finding new areas running like a mad man when I encounter a Deathclaw or Mireluk Queen.

Level 25 now and just back for Glowing Sea in the main quest taking a break from main quest and walking around discovering new things doing missions for Railroad and Brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I certainly am, last season pass i ever buy.

I got it for 22 euro back when the game released, which I think I've gotten good value for. 50 though, bugger that. I'd feel very ripped off.

At the time I thought it was a decent purchase, because Bethesda / Fallout DLC is usually good value, if a little hit and miss. From Oblivion's Shivering Isles/Knights of the Nine, Fallout 3s varied DLC and New Vegas (Obsidian I know) being top of the heap with some superb DLC, I figured I'd be safe. I am definitely reconsidering that opinion after seeing this decision.

All that said, I have no idea of the quality fo the DLC for FO4. I haven't really done the DLC yet though, waiting for the new PC to get stuck back into it. I did a small bit of the Automatron stuff, one mission. Leaving Far Harbour and Nuka World for a few months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'm surprised there's only two proper DLC's for FO4. FO3 and New Vegas each had four or five proper expansions. I paid €35 for FO4 and €25 for the season pass or thereabouts, so €60 for some 150-odd hours of gameplay isn't bad value.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I hope the dlc have better endings then the main game. Also it would have been nice if they had a more detailed endong video like they had in the previous games, showing how your minor choices had effected the world.

Thats the last penny they will see from me. When they basically blackmailed people into buying before a price hike they made it out to be because there was a lot of content coming and then they talked up Far Harbours size and scope.
    Far Harbour was ok but it certainly wasn't the huge dlc they said it was going to be and it wasn't that good either. Wasn't terrible but I struggled to get through it at times.

If I'd paid 50 for the witcher 3 dlc I'd still feel like I under paid them for it.

First time in a while I've genuinely felt like I've been cheated by a company and I've been gaming a long time now and know how the DLC 'game' works for sure but I like I'm sure many others did looked at the companies track record for DLC and thought sure it's going to be worth it :(

I'm not normally one for hysterics or outrage but I do actually feel cheated here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I don't think you sound hysteric or dramatic at all; I only got into the game because my room mate had it on PS4, was between jobs, and he was seeing someone... I almost considered buying the DLC for him. They really did give a vague impression that there would be an awful lot, I'm frankly quite shocked to hear it's done so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

To be fair, Fallout 3 didn't have stellar DLC either. We had five pieces of DLC: Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, Broken Steel, Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta.

The Pitt and Mothership Zeta were very short and very poor. Running around looking for ingots in Pittsburgh or the datadiscs in the confines of an alien ship. Anchorage was good, but short. Broken Steel and Point Lookout were very good, imo. Fallout DLC has always been a mixed bag.

Fallout 4's Far Harbor is something I am really enjoying. I really like the atmosphere and setting - huge area to explore as well. I think Nuka World will be something along the lines of Far Harbor and the 'build your own Vault' DLC will be decent too. The rest should have been free content packs. IIRC, the original cost of the season pass was €30 and I think that is a fair price for the content we will receive.

Someone reminded me earlier of the only other time there was a price hike in a season pass (open to correction) and that was for Dying Light. They increased it by €5 I think it was and you could see where that extra €5 went with 'The Following' expansion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Someone reminded me earlier of the only other time there was a price hike in a season pass (open to correction) and that was for Dying Light. They increased it by €5 I think it was and you could see where that extra €5 went with 'The Following' expansion.

I think it went from €20 to €30, but you are right though. What we received was a substantial piece of content, more along the lines of expansion packs that came before DLC existed. And that isn't limited to The Following, there were other packs that came before it included in the season pass.

I have 182 hours put into Fallout 4 so far and have yet to go to Far Harbour. Considering I paid €45 for both Fallout 4 and the season pass on release, I'd say it's more than worth it.

Description for Nuka-World
    "Take a trip to Nuka-World, a vast amusement park now a lawless city of Raiders. Explore an all-new region with an open wasteland and park zones like Safari Adventure, Dry Rock Gulch, Kiddie Kingdom, and the Galactic Zone. Lead lethal gangs of Raiders and use them to conquer settlements, bending the Commonwealth to your will. Nuka-World features new quests, Raiders, weapons, creatures, and more. Enjoy the ride!"

So we'll be able to lead raiders into the Commonwealth. I'm guessing this will just be reversal of the Minutemen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

So we'll be able to lead raiders into the Commonwealth. I'm guessing this will just be reversal of the Minutemen?

I like that, you couldn't finish the main story and have the minute men killed, they survived every time

• Advertisement

I wonder could you lead the minutemen into Nuka World and colonize the place. It would be so easy to shove Preston off the top of a roller coaster and make it look like an accident.

Advertisement