Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Just seen this.

Breaching barred doors. (Imgur link.)

I've just seen it and won't be able to verify until tomorrow, if anyone comes across a barred door feel free to have a go. Not sure it'll work for chained doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Playing on Survival I came across a major Glitch. The Support Fire quest at Cambridge Police Station will not complete for some reason. No matter how many of the ghouls I kill it never completes. I've cleared out college square as well just in case there was one stuck there and nada.

Playing on Survival I came across a major Glitch. The Support Fire quest at Cambridge Police Station will not complete for some reason. No matter how many of the ghouls I kill it never completes. I've cleared out college square as well just in case there was one stuck there and nada.

It never progresses, as in the BoS members won't talk to you and keep preparing for another wave of ghouls?

The only way to do it is to reload your last save. Now I realise that's all well and good except you're on Survival which makes things difficult, especially as it can take up to 10 tries to get working.

There's also a console command which you can use if on PC: setstage BoS100 40 ,although console commands also don't work on survival.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    It never progresses, as in the BoS members won't talk to you and keep preparing for another wave of ghouls?

The only way to do it is to reload your last save. Now I realise that's all well and good except you're on Survival which makes things difficult, especially as it can take up to 10 tries to get working.

There's also a console command which you can use if on PC: setstage BoS100 40 ,although console commands also don't work on survival.

Aye there are no more ghouls attacking the station but the dialogue options for Paladin Danse never appear.

I think I'm gonna just start the whole game again I hadn't that done in it I think its better to be safe than sorry.

Finished the contraptions dlc, what a pile of scutter :mad:

Spent longer looking for materials than than on the achievements. If you have the materials it will take you about 10-15 minutes to do.

Unless you have a season pass or really enjoy settlement stuff don't bother with this. It adds little if anything to the game, and zero value from the season pass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I fired it up to give the Contraptions DLC a go. Built a stock in Sanctuary, stuck Marcy Long in it and turned the game off. Piss poor DLC. Feel sorry for people who bought the season pass after the price hike.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Does the stock affect settlement happiness?? I've got plans for Mama Murphy...

Toots wrote: »
    Does the stock affect settlement happiness?? I've got plans for Mama Murphy...

If it does then I'm in trouble.

OR if you're unhappy you also go in the pillory. Problem solved.

I put up a weapon rack in Hangman's alley and the entire rack phased into the wall, so there's a handful of unique weapons inside a wall in downtown Boston. (Which to be fair is probably accurate even as of today)

I have to turn off collisions to fly into the wall to get any of the weapons.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Watched a few reviews of Contraptions on YouTube and it doesn't look too bad. I like the look of the scaffolding, means I might be able to add a second floor to some of the houses in Sanctuary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I'm already nearing max size in Sanctuary. Think I'm going to have to build up some other settlements...

• Advertisement

I'm already nearing max size in Sanctuary. Think I'm going to have to build up some other settlements...

I liked Starlight Drive-in, works well if you can get the foundations to snap together.

I think Spectacle Island is the biggest though (Not sure about Far Habour settlements)

Have you been using the workbench glitch to build more stuff?

Have you been using the workbench glitch to build more stuff?

Wasn't aware of the glitch, how does it work? (I'm on P.S. 4 BTW).

Is it possible to discover new settlements after you've finished the main quest line? I don't have Spectacle Island but have heard people mention it's a fairly big settlement.

Is it possible to discover new settlements after you've finished the main quest line? I don't have Spectacle Island but have heard people mention it's a fairly big settlement.

I assume it is, when I finished it the first time I stopped playing and started a new game so I'm not entirely sure but since most Minutemen stuff is all radiant quests I'd imagine you can set up a lot more once you're finished.

Wasn't aware of the glitch, how does it work? (I'm on P.S. 4 BTW).

What you do is when you're in a settlement you go into your inventory and drop weapons/stuff, then go into build mode and press the button to store the items in the workbench. As you do this you'll see the settlement limit bar start to get lower again. When you've stored everything, you exit build mode, go to the workbench and hit "search" then you can take all your stuff back out. Rinse and repeat if necessary.
    Yeah it's possible, Preston will give his stupid "help the settlement" quest ad nauseum or you can just go to the settlement and usually you just have to clear out whatever is lurking there and you can access the workbench then.

Finally unlocked this stupid achievement last night.

fuDGmPQ.jpg

So annoyed with this bloody thing. I got to 96 Happiness + rising.

Then one of my settlements got attacked, I left to go take care of it, fast travelled back only to find 3 raiders standing beside the fast travel spawn firing at my settlers despite the place having turrets all over the place, once I killed them the settlement happiness dropped to 79 and it took the better half of 2 hours to get back to 96 and eventually 100.

This was in Hangman's Alley, I highly suggest if any of you are still trying to get it, go somewhere that is a bit more naturally defensible and an area that can hold Wooden/Steel/Concrete foundations properly. (Sunshine Tidings is a fortress in my game)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hey everyone! So as you can see from the screengrab, I complete no-lifed the game when it was released and completed it 4 days (after booking a week off work) and haven't played it since.

CZhnOL8.png

Haven't actually got a reason for stopping playing, think I was back from Warcraft III competitively or something at the time.

Anyway, now that the DLC has been released and modding has finally been enabled is the game still amazing, if not better than before? I've always found a lot of people wanted to hate on FO4 when it was first released and hey, each to their own, but the game has surely come a long way in the last 8 months so I'm reaching out:

Does the game look spectacular with mods enabled?
    Are the DLC(s??) good?
    Any tips for someone who played with very little mods (because there were none) when the game was first released?

This was one of the last images I took from the game before ending it...

C3bOzH2.jpg

Thanks!

I'm enjoying Far Harbour at the minute, and I liked Automatron too. There's been a bit of hating on Contraptions and wasteland workshop but I like them too. That said, I didn't pay full price for season pass. I think if I'd paid the full €60 or whatever it is I might feel a bit gouged. Shop around and see can you get it cheaper.

I play on PC so could always use mods, although I don't use many - only ones I use are settlement related: spring cleaning, homemaker, scrap dead things.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Well the new Fallout dlc is...different....

13495086_1234727166551158_8373498412417274532_n.jpg?oh=9a5fc3f18ddf5e07a14fcd91accac6a8&oe=5802954D

Does the game look spectacular with mods enabled?
    Are the DLC(s??) good?
    Any tips for someone who played with very little mods (because there were none) when the game was first released?

It depends on what you're into to be honest. As Toots said in relation to the Settlement mods the Spring Cleaning mod is pretty amazing. You can level the majority of Sanctuary if you like.

I would also highly recommend this mod for Settlement building. This is called Settlement Objects Expansion (SOE). It takes some objects from different areas of the map (some completely new items) and allows you to add them to your settlements. Bethesda.net links for consoles are also listed on the page.

I mostly download loads of armour items and the occasional weapons mod and I think the majority of these creators put a lot of work into their mods.

These are two in-game screenshots from my playthroughs using Modded armour and weapons.
    Character 1 | Character 2

The best armour mod would be Armorsmith Extended, which is currently the most popular mod on the Fallout Nexus. I don't think it's available on consoles.

When you say "look spectacular" if you mean physically looking good then you'll be looking for an ENB which would make your game look something along the lines of this. But I don't think this is available on consoles same as the previous.

In terms of the DLC I like Automaton because it happened to be released when I was making a heavily based science character, it helps being able to send a heavily armed robot to guard a settlement rather the lone farmer with a pipe pistol. I have Far Harbour but still haven't gotten around to going there yet, I've been getting distracted by silly side-missions. Wasteland Workshop and Contraptions are alright in my book, I kinda like the settlement building so it suits me although I can see how it would get on some people's nerves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 daywatcher

I'm enjoying Far Harbour at the minute, and I liked Automatron too. There's been a bit of hating on Contraptions and wasteland workshop but I like them too. That said, I didn't pay full price for season pass. I think if I'd paid the full €60 or whatever it is I might feel a bit gouged. Shop around and see can you get it cheaper.

I play on PC so could always use mods, although I don't use many - only ones I use are settlement related: spring cleaning, homemaker, scrap dead things.

Have to admit I got bored play Fallout 4. The game (out of the box) has little depth and building settlements was dreary. I have all the DLCs but no impetus to go back and play them. I've heard that Far Harbour brings that missing element to the game. So maybe once I finish Witcher 3, I'll give F4 another shot. Skyrim was a way better game IMHO.

Thanks for the posts. Started a new save, no DLCs at the moment with a lot of mods enabled and will see how it goes! Obviously gonna "side" with someone else this time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

yeah i did that too, bought the dlc's on the steamsale and started a new playthrough, just started far harbour, am enjoying it so far :)

Just realised you can assign robots the same way you do with settlers!! I've now got a massive sentry bot rolling around Sanctuary assigned to defence! I named him Colosson and he will also tell you if it is, or isn't Numberwang :pac:

Yeah, the game is still definitely very good. Loving this new playthrough. Thanks again, everyone.

Finally got the stupid Benevolent Leader trophy... Was up til 1:30 last night out of sheer stubbornness trying to finish it off.

I used the Red Rocket Truck Stop, as it was one of the only settlements that was unpopulated, so I followed the guide I posted earlier.

I've been waiting for a few days for the trophy to pop up, stuck on 99% Happiness... Eventually realised that while I was away Raiders had killed one of my settlers, so I replaced him and sent him to work in the clinic.
    After about another 30 mins I realised, that while he was assigned to the clinic, he wasn't standing beside it...
    The clinic had been damaged during the attack and needed to be repaired (although it was showing no signs of damage).

So approx 30 mins after the settler was replaced, the clinic was fixed, I was busting some heads outside Hangman's alley, the trophy popped up and I went to bed :)

Just realised you can assign robots the same way you do with settlers!! I've now got a massive sentry bot rolling around Sanctuary assigned to defence! I named him Colosson and he will also tell you if it is, or isn't Numberwang :pac:

I have a few robots assigned to tasks like operating Scavenging stations - although they don't have the animations to do the task itself. So they just stand there looking at the station... All day... Just staring, while I'm paying them good caps.

• Question: has anyone managed to complete the game on Survival?
    I thought it would be a good way to play but it's really a drag IMO

Haven't attempted it on survival, but just as an aside. I picked up a piece of armour which detects when my health gets lower than 25% and automatically uses a stimpack. Might be a good idea to have a look around for one of those.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

In the middle of a survival play through on PC. You level up pretty quick, it's hard at first to get to grips with inventory management and getting used to how chems work with having to eat and drink, stimpacks making you thirsty and chems thirsty / hungry. I've found I never leave a settlement with less than 15 units of water.

Level 70 now and just heading towards the glowing sea. There's a bit of a gap between level 30 - 60 where enemies don't level with you so it get a little easy for a while, getting hard again now with higher level enemies, started coming across level 60+ enemies recently. The enemy respawns are a bit weird for me though, places I cleared at the start of the game (90 in game days ago or so) haven't repopulated so it can be a bit quiet walking from one place to another (for me anyway, I refuse to magic travel). Settlements become very useful too. Enjoying it though. I'd recommend the Survival Quick Save mod, doing loads of stuff and then dying without sleeping is a pain.

Advertisement