Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

With the new Fallout Shelter update adding features like quests and getting a tablet since last playing it, i said I'd download it again. Finding it brilliant all over again. Must watch that dev video about the new dlc later but to sum up, can you basically start a a new vault and create it top to bottom or is it an existing vault you can move into?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    With the new Fallout Shelter update adding features like quests and getting a tablet since last playing it

You can play it on PC now too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I saw there's a cloud option now, i wonder can you play the same vault across tablet, phone and pc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'll have to get back playing this, so I can just listen to the tunes on Diamond City Radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    I'll have to get back playing this, so I can just listen to the tunes on Diamond City Radio.

If you're on PC, you should consider getting this mod; Old World Radio.

It adds 21 new radio stations, most are voiced (and very well done so). It also takes some of the songs in-game and mixes them into the songs playlist as well as adding a bunch of new/old songs from Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Toots wrote: »
    I'm really excited about this!! Might make the Mechanist's Lair into some sort of vault.

Also, just in case people haven't seen this - Reddit has a sub-reddit dedicated to building settlements:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/falloutsettlements/

There's some cool build ideas, most of them use mods but there's a lot there from vanilla builds and from consoles.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,107 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm near the end of the main story (I suppose) and am thinking of getting the season pass for the ps4. Worth it? Any recommendations on where to get it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

MarkR wrote: »
    I'm near the end of the main story (I suppose) and am thinking of getting the season pass for the ps4. Worth it? Any recommendations on where to get it?

Unless you really love the main game and building stuff its not worth it really. Maybe just buy Far Harbor by its self.

The three expansions Automatron, Far Harbour and Nuka World (Next month) seem to be the best for face value alone but if you're big into settlement building you might as well jump for the season pass as it adds a lot of content settlement-side.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I'd argue that just Fat Harbor is the only DLC worth it. The story is far better than the main quests. However it's not as large as I first thought it would be.

Incidentally I recently started playing The Witcher 3 for the first time after I was done with Fallout 4. Stark contrast. It's absolutely huge. Plus I'm finding myself paying more attention in cut scenes. Consequences to actions and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

faceman wrote: »
    I'd argue that just Fat Harbor is the only DLC worth it. The story is far better than the main quests. However it's not as large as I first thought it would be.

Incidentally I recently started playing The Witcher 3 for the first time after I was done with Fallout 4. Stark contrast. It's absolutely huge. Plus I'm finding myself paying more attention in cut scenes. Consequences to actions and all that.

I thought the Automatron DLC was pretty poor myself. There's basically 3 fetch missions and I big boss fight.
    The only thing worth while is the ability to build robots, which I have only used once or twice...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just finished automatron last night and I thought it was good. I would recommend it. But then again I got it with the season pass so I do not know how much it is for a stand alone item.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Anyone know of a decent mod or a way to change the colour of the HUD on the power armor? It's driving me nuts, I really hate that yellow. I did get a mod to change the HUD, however it doesn't change the quest marker colour, or the 'highlighted item' colour. When you've a component tagged for search and are using the power armor headlamp, it's really difficult to see the yellow highlighted items like duct tape, etc.

Anyone know of a decent mod or a way to change the colour of the HUD on the power armor?.

This is the one I use, not sure if it's the one you've used before although this will change the markers to match the selected colour.

===

I've experienced a rather strange series of events which has corrupted my current save game. First Piper started walking at an angle to the ground (Like so).

Then my Power Armour stopped reacting to the "smash" ability (Jumping from a high area causing you to smash onto the ground, affecting enemies and friendlies nearby). I tested this by jumping from the high-rise area above Diamond City and immediately died once I hit the ground.

Ventured into a Gunner outpost killed 2 they died and immediately stood back upright, hit the third with a power fist and the game crashed, file corrupted and progress gone.

Only 1 mod (re-texture) installed in the last few weeks, any ideas?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I just experienced a very odd phenomenon with Sturges, when I went to
    build the platform that lets you access the institute
    I'd approach him, he'd tell me he'd meet me there, but then as soon as I walked away from him, he'd go back to what he was doing and I'd have to initiate the dialogue again. The only way I was able to move to the next stage was to move over to right beside the object, then use console commands to move Sturges to me, and then when he was right beside it, it progressed normally.

Also, Vault-Tec Workshop dropped last night, and for some reason I can't access the "Vault" building category in my building menu, despite the fact that I've completed the questline. Anyone any ideas how I fix this?

edit: Xtrafalcon which mod did you install? Also I've downloaded that mod, done the ini tweaks and my quest markers and highlighted items are still yellow :(

edit: Xtrafalcon which mod did you install? Also I've downloaded that mod, done the ini tweaks and my quest markers and highlighted items are still yellow :(

Elianora's Retextures and Recolours

Not sure what to tell you to be honest. I installed it just fine and it ran "out of the box" as it were. Could it be possible that some other mod could be interfering with it?

In that screenshot you posted is Piper wearing something changed by that mod? Have you tried disabling it and loading an earlier save?

Vault DLC was mercifully short. It's stange how my attitude towards this game has changed. When it came out I liked it , before that when I played fallout 3 + NV I loved them but the more I play FO 4 the more it grates on me. I have sour taste in my mouth from the quality of the dlc for sure, ok if you like settlements but I don't and besides that I'm stating to despise the combat and cumbersome menu/inventory system stuff I embraced and loved in the past , tonight even it was pissing me off because I had to press Y to jump :(

I get where fallout comes from as a game and how passionate people can be about it but for me fallout 5 and the next elderscrolls game they have make some serious changes.

In that screenshot you posted is Piper wearing something changed by that mod? Have you tried disabling it and loading an earlier save?

It's changed by a mod but not by that mod. I loaded up an earlier save this afternoon and it has been running fine since (this save was just before Piper starting walking all wonky).

Elianora's mod has been installed for a about 2 weeks now and it works fine with no issues.

My only guess is that once the save was bugged it was doomed the second it crashed, just very odd that once one bugged started they all rolled in at once.

I'll be keeping an extra hard-save from now on though just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

So far on STEAM the new Fallout VAULT DLC has "Mostly Negative" reviews.
    Noone seems to be too happy about it.

I'm honestly glad I didn't get a Season Pass at this stage, all the DLC to day from what I've read is just a mixed bag of meh and not worth the price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

SeantheMan wrote: »

I'm honestly glad I didn't get a Season Pass at this stage, all the DLC to day from what I've read is just a mixed bag of meh and not worth the price.

I nearly cracked before they increased the price but decided not to in the end and I'm glad I didn't. I'll wait until it goes cheap on sale some day and buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

One point I noticed in the steam reviews which was very true is how poorly the caves have been designed. Building a self contained vault while utilizing most of the space seems impossible unless there are mods to fix it. All your getting to build is a vault themed underground settlement rather than a proper enclosed vault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I now have not one but two two-shot lever action rifles. I've configured one with a scope, the other with a reflex sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

SeantheMan wrote: »

Have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying my second play-through. First time, given, I did completely no-life the game when it was released but the game is insane now with mods and stuff. It looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I completed the new DLC last night well all the missions that had to be done. Enjoyed it quite well. It was a nice touch to have a few missions rather that just build your own vault. I have no interest in building settlements or vaults in this game so just played the missions.

I also cannot wait for Nuka Cola world.

One point I noticed in the steam reviews which was very true is how poorly the caves have been designed. Building a self contained vault while utilizing most of the space seems impossible unless there are mods to fix it. All your getting to build is a vault themed underground settlement rather than a proper enclosed vault.

Yeah, I spent ages building my vault and it's only taking up the first chamber that you go into initially, so not huge. The only furniture I've got in it is the couple of pieces from the actual quest, and then 12 beds and I've reached the settlement limit. I've scrapped literally everything in the caves, so that means I'll probably have to do the workbench glitch, which starts to effect frame rate if you do it too much, but I've got to furnish the place!!

Also my feckin settlers keep escaping the vault and wandering around the cave and I've no idea how they keep getting out. The vault is completely sealed up, only way in or out is the main door, but yet they still end up there. And then they can't get back in :rolleyes:

Is there any mod out there that (to be severely blunt) stops the settlers from being thick and just staying where they are supposed to be.

I walled off the Cul-de-sac in Sanctuary and set up a high walk-way with turrets and guard posts only to find when I was looking for 2 new settlers to assign to a store they were on the outside of the wall almost standing an inch between the wall and the buildable area of Sanctuary. The Vault is the worse area for this as I have the corridors covering every locations and blocked up all possible exits and somehow they still end up outside the walls.

I know the game re-loads each area as you enter/re-enter it but this shouldn't be an issue especially as they all have assigned locations.

With the Vault, the settlers all spawn in one area when you arrive, so if that area isn't enclosed they'll 'escape' and start wandering around outside. Also, you'll need to enclose the ground level when you first enter the vault (the first bit you can build in) as they basically spawn in that whole area. I've got most of that enclosed and 99% of the time, I don't have a problem. The odd time I'll encounter one on the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Ok folks, I stopped playing this around the start of Feb and by then I was about lvl 75 I think and still
    had to finish the main story quest and actually go into the synth base

So what good/bad has happened since Ive been away with all the DLCs. I just got myself a beautiful Acer XB271HU and have decided to go back to this [and Witcher3 also].

EDIT:Just saw there is another DLC coming o might just wait for that.....

• Advertisement

Shougeki wrote: »
    So what good/bad has happened since Ive been away with all the DLCs. I just got myself a beautiful Acer XB271HU and have decided to go back to this [and Witcher3 also].

Well if you liked the Settlement building aspects, there have been a lot of vanilla additions and mods have added to that ten-fold.

If you have a good science character then you might get a good bit of use out of Automatron. The better your science perk the more high-end additions you can add onto robots and make an absolutely terrifying monster. The face of pure evil!

A lot of people swear by Far Harbour, I still haven't gotten around to it to this day (forever preparing for Far Harbour) although a lot of weapons and armour have shown up in the Commonwealth due to owning the pack and having it installed. Finding them quite fun to play around with.

And the game is generally a lot more stable.

Advertisement