Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Does it make the Thomas TTE noise? Now that would be terrifying.

I kinda enjoyed the base building, but found it finicky, so I didnt do much outside of Sanctuary. I had some ridiculous stuff when I finished up, Legendary Deathclaws were pretty easy by that point due to the build I had, and a weapon that fired two shots for one. From what I remember.

I had explored probably 75% of the map and had a good many of the books & bobbleheads.

Not sure If I will go back to this or the Witcher3 first [towards the end, no DLC completed]. I have a tendency to do about 80% of a game and then move to a different one.

Nice one on the synopsis though, homes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Automan123

whens the DLC out?

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Automan123 wrote: »
    whens the DLC out?

No date given apart from "August 2016."

Smart money on it being the 30th of August, the last Tuesday of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Looks fun. But will reserve judgment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Ugh seriously? They are releasing it on the same day the new Expansion for World of Warcraft drops?

Ugh seriously? They are releasing it on the same day the new Expansion for World of Warcraft drops?

Along with the Battlefield 1 beta, fun for all.

Will probably have to wait for F4SE to update once it launches anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Nuka World looks good. Few new enemies spotted in trailer.

FALLOUT NEW ORLEANS is now a registered trademark.

A rumour at the moment but if it's true it'll more than likely be an Obsidian project

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    FALLOUT NEW ORLEANS is now a registered trademark.

A rumour at the moment but if it's true it'll more than likely be an Obsidian project

God, can't wait. F4 was so disappointing with many of its quests.

• Advertisement

noodler wrote: »
    God, can't wait. F4 was so disappointing with many of its quests.

With the Special Edition of Skyrim being released in Oct and the Fallout 4 VR rumoured for 2017 we probably won't hear anything about it for a while, even then nothing might come of it as it's not official in any way.

Also when the voice actor for Three Dog confirmed himself for Fallout 4 he was removed from the game shortly afterwards. (May or may not be related)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

From Obsidian's twitter.
    https://twitter.com/Obsidian/status/765351624260792320

I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm not getting my hopes up.

If they do anything besides flat out deny it people are gonna take it as a yes.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't be that excited for a game set in New Orleans mainly because the surrounding area is a swamp.

Swamp = Mirelurks.

Plus I think we've already hit the swamp-ish vibe with Far Harbour.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

With the Special Edition of Skyrim being released in Oct and the Fallout 4 VR rumoured for 2017 we probably won't hear anything about it for a while, even then nothing might come of it as it's not official in any way.

Also when the voice actor for Three Dog confirmed himself for Fallout 4 he was removed from the game shortly afterwards. (May or may not be related)

Would say a new Elder Scrolls would come first

Elder Scrolls will no doubt be the next Bethesda's game.

But due to the success of Fallout : New Vegas, I'd say Bethesda Softworks (The publisher arm of Bethesda) would be stupid not to let Obsidian have another crack at a game.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

But due to the success of Fallout : New Vegas, I'd say Bethesda Softworks (The publisher arm of Bethesda) would be stupid not to let Obsidian have another crack at a game.

https://www.engadget.com/2012/03/15/obsidian-missed-fallout-new-vegas-metacritic-bonus-by-one-point/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Fallout 4 yielded the same score of 84.

And imo Fallout New Vegas was far better than Fallout 4.

And imo Fallout New Vegas was far better than Fallout 4.

That's what I mean by letting Obsidian having another go. New Vegas was very well received mainly due to the Black Isle Studios remnants within the company which worked on the previous games.

(If I've mis-lead or mis-read your post I do apologize)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Fallout 4 yielded the same score of 84.

Fallout 4 is a Bethesda game. They're hardly going to restrict themselves money based on a metacritic score.

[ Not sure if I've missed the point of your post. No bother if I have ]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying my second play-through. First time, given, I did completely no-life the game when it was released but the game is insane now with mods and stuff. It looks great.

Playing it a lot at the moment because I'm off work and the mods really have improved the core game immensely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It's already been confirmed as in the early development stages by Todd Howard - but they're working on two other large projects that will be released before TES6

see here for details

If any of you like the lore of the Fallout world.

Shoddycast does a series called "The Storyteller" it spans from 10 episodes in Skyrim to 4 Seasons (4th season ongoing) in Fallout.

This is a link to the first episode of Season 4 which deals with Fallout 4. If you've never played a Fallout game before, I'd suggest going back and looking at previous episodes as it goes into detail in a lot of areas not fleshed out much in the 4th.

The Storyteller: Fallout (Youtube Playlist)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

For those who missed it here's the Nuka World run through by Bethesda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

You know, I love the real immersive sound in games, it helps keep you 'in' the game world for longer, FACT, being able to hear someone coming is a godsend in shooters! But the on going problems with Falloutout 4 and Microsoft messing up digital 5.1 output in windows 10 has drove me away from most pc games and back to ps4...

On looking into this for many months I have found that more often than not if your sound card has the old analouge outputs this still works in all games running Win 10! So my answer? Some new yet old hardware. An old school AV amp! The ones that almost pre-date HDMI/coaxel and toshlink competly. A good old fashioned analog 5.1 imput job. picked up a mint Kenwood KRF-V6100D for 60 notes on ebay. Cant wait to get it hooked up a and get full immersion back in Fallout 4!

FU Microshaft!

Got a random email from Sony with a discount code offering 30% off the fallout 4 season pass.

Got a random email from Sony with a discount code offering 30% off the fallout 4 season pass.

To be fair that's not a bad price if you don't have any of them.

Assuming that the season pass is 49.99 (It is on PC)
    That's about 35 for it, that's more or less Far Harbour + Automaton separately.

To be fair that's not a bad price if you don't have any of them.

Assuming that the season pass is 49.99 (It is on PC)
    That's about 35 for it, that's more or less Far Harbour + Automaton separately.

I doubt I'll bite.

35 is a lot for 10% of a game.

Far harbour the only one that interests me. Not sure if nuka works will have enough quests/story yet.

They really had poor dlc this time around compared to last two games. Am though on ps3 the dlc was fairly unplayable so at least they've improved there.

I doubt I'll bite.

35 is a lot for 10% of a game.

Far harbour the only one that interests me. Not sure if nuka works will have enough quests/story yet.

They really had poor dlc this time around compared to last two games. Am though on ps3 the dlc was fairly unplayable so at least they've improved there

I got the Season Pass almost for free so not sure I can comment on spending 35 on it (I just thought it was a fair price)

I was hoping for more areas like in the Honest Hearts DLC myself from New Vegas, I bet the Zion Canyon would look pretty good in the updated engine. (Nuka-World seems to be bringing in a minor element of that)

Completely agree, I had Fallout 3 and New Vegas on PS3 and couldn't play Operation Anchorage due to constant crashes.

• Advertisement

Nuka-World is now live.

Advertisement