Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Been playing the DLC since about 6 this morning. So far its a fun and the map is big too. I cant wait to pit rider gangs against each other. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I really need to pick Fallout 4 up, but I have been having PC issues last year or so. Said I wouldn't jump on the Fallout 4 train until I got my graphics issues all solved. Well now I have enough money saved for a new PC! Can't wait to finally play it

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Kilboor wrote: »
    I really need to pick Fallout 4 up, but I have been having PC issues last year or so. Said I wouldn't jump on the Fallout 4 train until I got my graphics issues all solved. Well now I have enough money saved for a new PC! Can't wait to finally play it

This fallout train? :P
    e43a4affbf1a33facd574e4acdc74b47.png

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I recently had to restore my ps4 to factory settings and lost my save so have to start over again :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I recently had to restore my ps4 to factory settings and lost my save so have to start over again :(.

Does PS4 not save to the cloud?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Does PS4 not save to the cloud?

Only if you have ps plus I think.

• XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Nuka-World is now live.

Going to wait until I get some feedback here. Haven't touched Fallout 4 since I completed it a while after launch. Bar some testing of mods. Going to get back into a second play through of the main game then get to the DLC. No panic though.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Going to wait until I get some feedback here. Haven't touched Fallout 4 since I completed it a while after launch. Bar some testing of mods. Going to get back into a second play through of the main game then get to the DLC. No panic though.

I've only just done the starting area myself (BF1 beta has lured me away for a while).

But I will say I was actually impressed with the overall difficulty of the starting area, I had a general idea of what was going on so I managed to get through it without much trouble but I can see a lot of players dying very easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

god's toy wrote: »
    Windows 10
    FU Microshaft!

The real reason some people prefer console games to PC gaming, perfectly summed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

You know, I love the real immersive sound in games, it helps keep you 'in' the game world for longer, FACT, being able to hear someone coming is a godsend in shooters! But the on going problems with Falloutout 4 and Microsoft messing up digital 5.1 output in windows 10 has drove me away from most pc games and back to ps4...

On looking into this for many months I have found that more often than not if your sound card has the old analouge outputs this still works in all games running Win 10! So my answer? Some new yet old hardware. An old school AV amp! The ones that almost pre-date HDMI/coaxel and toshlink competly. A good old fashioned analog 5.1 imput job. picked up a mint Kenwood KRF-V6100D for 60 notes on ebay. Cant wait to get it hooked up a and get full immersion back in Fallout 4!

FU Microshaft!

Same happened to me, Win 10 refused to work with a 5.1 output over optical so I went back to 7. This was a year ago but since trying it again it works now didn't do anything differently.

Default USB drivers for mics are still ****e (very low gain), running software with it's own gain controls seems to sort it. Configure steam for the mic and it seems to work after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

I started the vault builder DLC during the week but only did the first couple of parts before Nuka world came out. It seemed interesting but I wasn't fully gone on the whole settlement build so am leaving it for now and started Nuka world last night.

The initial gauntlet and fight was kinda fun although I found it relatively easy (at level 68). I've only barely met the faction leaders and haven't really explored yet but it looks like it will have a few interesting parts.

When I started playing on Sunday I realised it was the first time I'd played in a few months and I hadn't done the final part of Far Harbour quest to get my reward, so went to finish that.
    When I'd played before I'd tried to save the synths but the far harbourmen had attacked and killed them all. In a fit of rage I went and released the fog on the town. That was where I had left it at the time. When I went back again I remembered that I didn't like the children of atom either so blew up their base and left the island with everyone wiped out.

Nuka World is on sale for €15 on GreenManGaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Varik wrote: »
    Same happened to me, Win 10 refused to work with a 5.1 output over optical so I went back to 7. This was a year ago but since trying it again it works now didn't do anything differently.

Default USB drivers for mics are still ****e (very low gain), running software with it's own gain controls seems to sort it. Configure steam for the mic and it seems to work after that.

Yea it works to a point but it's deffo not real 5.1 (in my case) anymore, more like surround being forced to 5.1. by my amp (do the 5.1 audio test within windows and see how many channels you hear sounding off... With Fallout 4 and real 5.1 I can place a generator down on the ground and by me turning around I can make the sound of it go to each speaker in turn with pin point accuracy but with forced surround its kinda just all there at once, same when you hear a Vertibird over head, you cant really work out where its going.. grrr bugs me no end, same when people are walking up/away/shooting at you... Bethesda Game Studios say it's Microsoft's problem and wont fix it. :(

Anyhoo the amp is somewhere in the back of the post's mans van, I hope (as it came into Ireland 3 days ago) and I hopefully should be rocking good old fashioned analog 5.1 audio very soon. Just hope Microshaft don't cut support for analog now.

ED
    IT

Amp came, is installed and my good GOD fallout 4 sounds f&*^ing amazing! Me frigging over the moon now!

(PC Only) NVIDIA will be releasing a mod tomorrow called Vault 1080.

Description:
    Think the end of the world can’t get any worse? Then NVIDIA’s high-quality Fallout 4 mod has some bad news – turns out that adding super-advanced lighting and shadows to a thermonuclear Wasteland just makes it scarier, moodier and more dangerous than ever.

Vault 1080 is an official NVIDIA mod, and as such packs a serious technological punch. Volumetric lighting features extensively – in ways not seen in the standard game – while shadows are more realistic and velvety than ever. This is thanks to HBAO+ and its control of ambient occlusion, which creates authentic depths anywhere a light source is blocked, no matter how small or fleeting.

Vault 1080 Link for extra details + screenshots.

I must say it really does look amazing, am very much looking forward to checking it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

AKs. Nice. :)

Is there a level to start the new DLC? I have to start over but I'd love jump straight into this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Is there a level to start the new DLC? I have to start over but I'd love jump straight into this.

Just have to tune into the radio frequency. :)

I'm not sure if there is a level limit to start it but I could see it quite difficult for a low level character with not any good armer as the start of the DLC is quite different than normal and you will die easily.

I didn't die myself but I had power armour and got both legs and arms destroyed.

Minimum is level 30 but higher is recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Minimum is level 30 but higher is recommended.

Its quite difficult and Im level 78.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CiaranW

I've yet to play the DLC but from what I have seen on YouTube, it loos pretty good.
    I am looking forward to putting in a few hours over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Just bought Fallout 4 at the weekend, played about 10 hours so far. Seems excellent!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Has all the announced DLC been released yet? I'm not interested in paying for bits of games any more. If there's a complete edition of the game available, I'll get that :)

Shiminay wrote: »
    Has all the announced DLC been released yet? I'm not interested in paying for bits of games any more. If there's a complete edition of the game available, I'll get that :)

Yes all DLC has been released. Nuka World was the last one.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

And a full edition is either the GOTY edition [not released or even announced] or the base game and the season pass [which includes all the DLC]

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah yea, it'll be a GOTY or Ultimate Ed as they called the all inclusive Skyrim one :) I'll wait till that's announced I think, probably QuakeCon next year.

petes wrote: »
    Just bought Fallout 4 at the weekend, played about 10 hours so far. Seems excellent!

If Fallout 4 is your first game OR if you're unfamiliar with the mechanics, I'd always recommend Quill18's videos.

Video clocks in at over 30 minutes which (I know) is long and it contains a side-quest spoiler which many people find interesting so if you really care about that I'd suggest avoiding it.

(I last watched this when he first released it so I'm not sure if everything will be 100% relevant)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

If Fallout 4 is your first game OR if you're unfamiliar with the mechanics, I'd always recommend Quill18's videos.

Video clocks in at over 30 minutes which (I know) is long and it contains a side-quest spoiler which many people find interesting so if you really care about that I'd suggest avoiding it.

(I last watched this when he first released it so I'm not sure if everything will be 100% relevant)

Cheers, I seem to be doing okay :) day off tomorrow so I'll get a few hours in. I played Fallout 3 but never warmed to it, seems different now for some reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I hate these kind of videos because Fallout 4 is a game about learning as you play. That's half the enjoyment. Knowing everything straight away kills some of the feeling of learning to survive in the wasteland. To each their own though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭keithc83

Kilboor wrote: »
    I hate these kind of videos because Fallout 4 is a game about learning as you play. That's half the enjoyment. Knowing everything straight away kills some of the feeling of learning to survive in the wasteland. To each their own though

How is a video on 19 useful tips knowing everything?! You obviously didn't watch it, that's fine but it was just a few useful tips to help you start. A couple of them i didn't know which were very helpful to me and i have been playing F4 for some time now. Nothing too major. To each their own though.

Advertisement