Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Kilboor wrote: »
    I hate these kind of videos because Fallout 4 is a game about learning as you play. That's half the enjoyment. Knowing everything straight away kills some of the feeling of learning to survive in the wasteland. To each their own though

Well you're more than welcome to believe that and if this video was pushing total rundowns or specific builds then I wouldn't have posted it due to it removing the elements of a customised game.

Some of the first tips in the video are given in the Vault/ Goodsprings area of Fallout 3/ New Vegas. It's certainly not explaining every single aspect of the game to players. If you really want to stress the factors of "learning to survive in the wasteland" then I would suggest aiming for the survival difficulty mode, and surely isn't one of the elements of learning to survive accepting help where it's offered?

In any case, I'm not looking for a debate or argument, someone is new to the series and I'm trying to help where possible on a game series than I absolutely love. I simply recommended it as it helped me a great deal ( and I've been playing the Fallout series since 98) and Quill18 is an amazing commentator that can speak clearly and smoothly.

All that aside. I thought I posted this before but I was talking to someone about it yesterday on Steam and wasn't entirely sure if I had, so in any case better late than never. If people are still having issues with dozens upon dozens of settlers and having to uniform certain jobs then I recommend getting (PC) Don't call me settler. This will assign every settler a name (From Codsworth's list), job title (Example: Farmer, Scaver, Guard etc etc.) and auto-assign settlers to jobs as long as they are available with the simple push of a button. It is also compatible with the (PC) Better Settlers mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    Well you're more than welcome to believe that and if this video was pushing total rundowns or specific builds then I wouldn't have posted it due to it removing the elements of a customised game.

Some of the first tips in the video are given in the Vault/ Goodsprings area of Fallout 3/ New Vegas. It's certainly not explaining every single aspect of the game to players. If you really want to stress the factors of "learning to survive in the wasteland" then I would suggest aiming for the survival difficulty mode, and surely isn't one of the elements of learning to survive accepting help where it's offered?

In any case, I'm not looking for a debate or argument, someone is new to the series and I'm trying to help where possible on a game series than I absolutely love. I simply recommended it as it helped me a great deal ( and I've been playing the Fallout series since 98) and Quill18 is an amazing commentator that can speak clearly and smoothly.

All that aside. I thought I posted this before but I was talking to someone about it yesterday on Steam and wasn't entirely sure if I had, so in any case better late than never. If people are still having issues with dozens upon dozens of settlers and having to uniform certain jobs then I recommend getting (PC) Don't call me settler. This will assign every settler a name (From Codsworth's list), job title (Example: Farmer, Scaver, Guard etc etc.) and auto-assign settlers to jobs as long as they are available with the simple push of a button. It is also compatible with the (PC) Better Settlers mod.

As I said to each their own but in my opinion the fun/surprise aspects of games is being spoiled these days with the internet (Reddit particularly), tips videos, and "metas". I see it with my own mates who will research a game to the point of spoiling it, and even before starting will already know exactly what to do and how to play. I find this to be the really fun part of starting a game. To experience something you haven't played or seen before for the first time and learn as you progress is something I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Got rid of my xbox a few months ago and finally got it back along with fallout, compleatly forgot the game saves to the cloud i am delighted. I may restart anyway though but ill see.

What are the best console mods out in peoples opinion ?

ASOT wrote: »
    Got rid of my xbox a few months ago and finally got it back along with fallout, compleatly forgot the game saves to the cloud i am delighted. I may restart anyway though but ill see.

What are the best console mods out in peoples opinion ?

Due to not owning an Xbox, I can't answer you directly but based on the mods that are on both Xbox and PC along with what I've used, these are some decent picks.

Modern Firearms (Tact Edition) - Some people have called out the weapons on this be too overpowered.

Unoffical Fallout 4 patch - Fixes a lot of issues which may be overlooked by Bethesda.

Spring in the Commonwealth - Grass - Gives the commonwealth a bit of life.

Snap'n Build - A lot of additional structures to be placed in-game (Some of which are pre-made)

Enhanced Blood textures - Personal preference over vanilla.

Any mod Any weapon - If you choose the weaponsmith path then this mod is a lot of fun. (One of my screenshots of a modded 10mm pistol)

See-through scopes - Works well if you're into immersive gameplay.

There may be a lot more very good mods but I don't have much experience outside of the Nexus but I hope this helps.

Have fun modding.

(Side- Note: Modding your game will disable achievements)

Due to not owning an Xbox, I can't answer you directly but based on the mods that are on both Xbox and PC along with what I've used, these are some decent picks.

Modern Firearms (Tact Edition) Some people have called out the weapons on this be too overpowered.

Unoffical Fallout 4 patch Fixes a lot of issues which may be overlooked by Bethesda.

Spring in the Commonwealth - Grass Gives the commonwealth a bit of life.

Snap'n Build - A lot of additional structures to be placed in-game (Some of which are pre-made)

Enhanced Blood textures - Personal preference over vanilla.

Any mod Any weapon - If you choose the weaponsmith path then this mod is a lot of fun. (One of my screenshots of a modded 10mm pistol)

See-through scopes - Works well if you're into immersive gameplay.

There may be a lot more very good mods but I don't have much experience outside of the Nexus but I hope this helps.

Have fun modding.

(Side- Note: Modding your game will disable achievements)

Cheers mate appreciate it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Kilboor wrote: »
    As I said to each their own but in my opinion the fun/surprise aspects of games is being spoiled these days with the internet (Reddit particularly), tips videos, and "metas". I see it with my own mates who will research a game to the point of spoiling it, and even before starting will already know exactly what to do and how to play. I find this to be the really fun part of starting a game. To experience something you haven't played or seen before for the first time and learn as you progress is something I love.

There are things that should have been explained better. Linking settlements or even getting out of power armor are two that spring to mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

About 15 hours played, have to say I'm really enjoying it. I've just started playing this after a couple of months of Dark Souls so it's a nice change while still challenging.

Mods cancelled for PS4.

ASOT wrote: »
    Mods cancelled for PS4.

Yeah just posted in the news thread https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199

No idea as to the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I want a full refund as Bethesda promised mods on ps4. False advertising and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"For the players" alright :pac:

Get your finger out Sony and make it happen ffs.

EA Access first, now mods.

• Yeah just posted in the news thread https://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/ps4-mod-update/2016/09/09/199

No idea as to the reason.

Sony

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Sony

Ha ha ha yeah wondering have they any toes left after the number of shots to the foot this week.

Bethesda and Sony have had a rocky partnership for a good while.

Oblivion: Being released almost a year later on PS3 with only 2 DLC expansions (PC and Xbox 360 had 10).

Fallout 3: Being released without Trophy Support on PS3 which was patched in almost a year later, along with the delay in content which was eventually released with a GOTY (Game of the year) edition of the game. Not to mention the heavy hit it took graphically.

New Vegas: Struck with the bigger save file = Frame rate bombshell, which ended up being put into Skyrim. (Skyrim team later patched this but not for New Vegas) along with a huge array of other problems present across all platforms (Crashes, getting stuck INSIDE the map, save corruption and massive quest bugs making some quests flat out broken).

Skyrim: the 6MB save file = FPS drop as mentioned before. Nothing else comes to mind specifically about the PS3 version here, on release the game was generally chaotic with bugs upon release across all platforms.

Fallout 4: (I don't have it on PS4 and I'm not trying to be funny but) No mod support.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

If I remember correctly for Oblivion on PS3 the Vampire cure quest was broken and never fixed as well. Another strike against Sony.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'd say if they could avoid bringing another fallout game too a playstation console they would :rolleyes:.

Just started the Nuka World stuff, is it just me or the location i'm in or are there a tonne of enemies in this??? Seems to be more than in other areas, I've been tasked with finding 20 cores and the area is swarming with bots.

Just started the Nuka World stuff, is it just me or the location i'm in or are there a tonne of enemies in this??? Seems to be more than in other areas, I've been tasked with finding 20 cores and the area is swarming with bots.

"Blast off to Galactic Zone for otherworldly thrills"

I would easily say Galactic Zone had the toughest and most enemies, even running with the 3rd Tier of the Robotic Experts perk didn't make it much easier (Although my character is a rather low-ish level for the DLC)

Yeah it's just the sheer numbers isn't it. Very easy to get overwhelmed and have to retreat to find yourself in another swarm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Galatic zone was tough. The biggest problem I found with it was the lack of ammo. Even back in the main area there is only one trader so not much chance of getting ammo.

Also annoying that the workbenches aren't joined together so you have to move stuff between your power armour bench to your weapons bench etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Galactic zone was quite difficult. The different sections of Galactic zone were quite big as well. Took ages to clear it.

The Western themed one was the easiest and probably should be the first one people visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I'd say if they could avoid bringing another fallout game too a playstation console they would :rolleyes:.

Noooooo!!!

Galactic zone was quite difficult. The different sections of Galactic zone were quite big as well. Took ages to clear it.

The Western themed one was the easiest and probably should be the first one people visit.

Dry Rock Gulch and Safari Adventure were handy enough to bust through.

Kiddie Kingdom (
    Ghouls
    ) and World of Refreshment (
    Mirelurks
    ) put up a hefty fight but Galactic Zone was the only area I died in (more than once). It really is a tough area to start with, I think it was just the closest quest marker when I left the town so I stuck with it.

Dry Rock Gulch and Safari Adventure were handy enough to bust through.

Kiddie Kingdom (
    Ghouls
    ) and World of Refreshment (
    Mirelurks
    ) put up a hefty fight but Galactic Zone was the only area I died in (more than once). It really is a tough area to start with, I think it was just the closest quest marker when I left the town so I stuck with it.

I think the game kind of led me there too, I really wasn't enjoying this DLC at that point but once I got that out of the way , I'm loving it. Certainly enjoying it more than the last one which I didn't take to at all. Feels more like a Fallout DLC of old, only much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

I think the game kind of led me there too, I really wasn't enjoying this DLC at that point but once I got that out of the way , I'm loving it. Certainly enjoying it more than the last one which I didn't take to at all. Feels more like a Fallout DLC of old, only much better.

So I'm wandering towards a point on the map when I come across a guy called Duke. I started following him but twenty minutes later we're still plodding along. Is there any point in continuing with him? My build is geared towards sneak. I've got the destroyer modded up so I'm not interested in power armour at all. Is he leading me to a base that's worthwhile?

Also, if I continue doing the Railroad & Minute Men missions and no one else's, will I lose out on a whole chunk of the game? I figure it's all about to come to a deciding point soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Lost a few hours after having to reload, was only minor but danse lost all his power armour after I equiped new stuff. It meant that he'd nothing equipped bar the frame and he was close to his weight limit even when I'd nothing there as he'd a load of unequipped power armour hidden in his inventory.

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Is he leading me to a base that's worthwhile?

He's walking back to the Atom Cats Garage which was marked on your map upon talking to him, there's no need to follow him. Also since Power Armour isn't your thing it might be best to go there in your own time. (Also there is a high tier Power Armour mod which adds major stealth buff to Power Armour - It requires the Science Rank 4 Perk I believe)
    shuffles03 wrote: »
    Also, if I continue doing the Railroad & Minute Men missions and no one else's, will I lose out on a whole chunk of the game? I figure it's all about to come to a deciding point soon enough.

By the Minute Men missions do you mean the helping/gaining settlements? Because those are radiant quests so they can be completed over and over again with no endgame in sight. But can be fun as you're the leader of the whole organisation.

Personally I haven't done a Railway ending game yet, I wouldn't say you're missing out a huge chunk by not doing any of the rest but there will be an element missing (in my opinion), I would recommend trying everything but just know where the point of no return for each faction is.

He's walking back to the Atom Cats Garage which was marked on your map upon talking to him, there's no need to follow him. Also since Power Armour isn't your thing it might be best to go there in your own time. (Also there is a high tier Power Armour mod which adds major stealth buff to Power Armour - It requires the Science Rank 4 Perk I believe)

By the Minute Men missions do you mean the helping/gaining settlements? Because those are radiant quests so they can be completed over and over again with no endgame in sight. But can be fun as you're the leader of the whole organisation.

Personally I haven't done a Railway ending game yet, I wouldn't say you're missing out a huge chunk by not doing any of the rest but there will be an element missing (in my opinion), I would recommend trying everything but just know where the point of no return for each faction is.

I'm doing this build:

https://www.vg247.com/2016/01/20/fallout-4-build-guide-infilitrator/

Have the Destroyer completely modded and tinker sniper is nearly there. I'm literally killing 3 to 4 super mutants in one VAT session. It's glorious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CiaranW

What was the new update for?
    It seems related to Far Harbor, hopefully it means I can now complete it, I cleared the way to start Dima memories but game says I don't have the holotape.

Advertisement