Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

We'll find out Sunday week I guess if she was telling the truth or not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

If she is right the map is going to absolutely massive. Skyrim is already huge, but three times the size? May just quit my job now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

No way is this going to come out this October imo, October 2016 maybe. When was the last time we saw an announcement and release within 5 months of each other?

Edit: For example Witcher 3 was announced over 2 years ago (delayed a bit I know but still).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

EGriff wrote: »
    No way is this going to come out this October imo, October 2016 maybe. When was the last time we saw an announcement and release within 5 months of each other?

Potty mouth! You take that back!

Edit: For example Witcher 3 was announced over 2 years ago (delayed a bit I know but still).

Go away with your examples and facts. There ain't no brakes on the hype train. Choo choo bitches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

I'd be 99% sure this is almost done, so I think it'll be released in 2015.
    This has been floating around, not sure if its real or not

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Very Interesting read. Apparently she was fired for accidentally leaking FO4 info and Kotaku picked it up. She said she saw a roadmap for release.

1. June 2015 - Fallout 4 reveal at E3, trailer only
    2. July 2015 - First gameplay trailers
    3. August 2015 - More information
    4. October 2015 - PS4/Xbox One/PC release
    5. November 2015 - First DLC
    6. December 2015 - Second DLC, as well as PS3/360 version release
    7. January 2016 - Third DLC
    8. March 2016 - Forth DLC
    9. April 2016 - Fifth and Final DLC
    10. June 2016 - Fallout Spinoff revealed, in development by Behaviour Interactive.
    11. October 2016 - Fallout Spinoff released for PS4/Xbox One/PC

That first part might be accurate but everything else would have to hinge on the actual release after it, anything else is pure psychic powars of speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Ah yeah that Roadmap info was for a year ago, anything can/probably will change.

I really didn't see this coming out this year as was earlier said, when has an E3 announcement released in the same year this gen. Besides the fact of getting to play it earlier, It's something I've been hoping for for a long time. I don't want a teaser for a trailer for a game coming out in 2 years, then delayed a further year. An announcement at E3 and release the same year would be a great trend to follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

In recent times, Bethesda games have launched in the October/November window.

Skyrim: 11/11/11
    Fallout 3: 30/10/2008
    Oblivion: March 2006

It makes commercial sense to release for Xmas 2015, but I don't think they will hesitate to delay it until March/April 2016 if it means publishing a more bug-free and solid experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Ah yeah that Roadmap info was for a year ago, anything can/probably will change.

I really didn't see this coming out this year as was earlier said, when has an E3 announcement released in the same year this gen. Besides the fact of getting to play it earlier, It's something I've been hoping for for a long time. I don't want a teaser for a trailer for a game coming out in 2 years, then delayed a further year. An announcement at E3 and release the same year would be a great trend to follow.

Yes absolutely, be nice if this does happen and other developers take note and realise you don't need to mention a game and disappear for 2 years only to show up and say its delayed and will be another year.
    If this release does happen - a lot of other games sales will be effected.

Falthyron wrote: »
    In recent times, Bethesda games have launched in the October/November window.

Skyrim: 11/11/11
    Fallout 3: 30/10/2008
    Oblivion: March 2006

It makes commercial sense to release for Xmas 2015, but I don't think they will hesitate to delay it until March/April 2016 if it means publishing a more bug-free and solid experience.

Lol. I expect a massive day one patch already. The rage will be strong that day.

yeah jaysis, the division :D

I do hope she's right though - i'd like to get this played and finished before xcom2 in november :) wishful thinking probably

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Lol. I expect a massive day one patch already. The rage will be strong that day.

Oh, I have no doubt there will be bugs and many week one patches. But like HL3, Bethesda could release the biggest mess of a game with Fallout 4 on the cover and people will still love it. Just look at Dark Souls on PC... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I do hope she's right though - i'd like to get this played and finished before xcom2 in november :) wishful thinking probably

You taking October off work? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I hope they do a PS4 bundle for it.

I didn't realise how big Fallout 3 was. The hype is insane already.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

The bigger it is the less excited I am. (that's what she said)

I'm leaning much more towards quality over quantity these days, and the bigger it gets the more likely we are to be seeing randomly generated encounters instead of real content.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

I'd be very sceptical of anything you read on kotaku lads. Ultimate clickbait site

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Kilboor wrote: »
    I'd be very sceptical of anything you read on kotaku lads. Ultimate clickbait site

Sorry going offtopic but GamesRadar are hands down the worst. 'Top 10 things you have to do'...each thong has it's own page With 4 or 5 lines. .. just put them on one page and stop looking for clicks!!

• Advertisement

You taking October off work? :pac:

having a chronic long term illness helps :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Yeah, wrong thread :o

Kiith wrote: »
    Next DLC has some Gwent related stuff..not sure what, but GWENT!! :D
    Who is Gwent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I hope Brendan Gleeson is in this one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

I'd wager on a 2015 release, if people are getting tetchy about the graphical quality of the game being a bit "last-gen" it's not in their interest to have the game launching in 2016 (when competing releases will overshadow it even more). Also, even though it's the first trailer, they have a lot done.

I'm very excited either way, Fallout 3 and NV are both 10/10s (with and without mods) and are one of the few games I find myself totally (and easily) immersed in.

On the graphics front, the fact that it's multiformat means that anyone expecting a big ramp up in graphical quality this generation should expect to be disappointed, so far the hardware limitations of the PS4/xbone are stunting development.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Gandalph wrote: »
    I hope Brendan Gleeson is in this one too.

What did Brendan Gleeson do in the last one?

Think he's confused with Liam Neeson :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Il be surprised if this gets released this year. At the earliest I would be thinking this time next year, even later.

The one thing I hope they fix is the leveling.The Level/Loot scaling thing that Bethesda do in all their games completely ruins the experience for me. I much rather areas that have high level mobs that you know you should avoid but you could sneak it if you wanted.

In Fallout 3 it was ridiculous the way Super Mutants, Deathclaws etc were everywhere by the time you reached a certain level.

Even in Skyrim they had it to a certain extent. As for Oblivion, it ruined the game. Loot a rare chest and all of a sudden every bandit was wearing rare glass armor.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭RichFTW

A map three times the size of Skyrim, eh? Should be big enough, shouldn't it?! :pac:

Would be amazing. Surely some sort of transport would be needed then if it's that big? Fingers crossed for a vertibird!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

joe123 wrote: »
    Il be surprised if this gets released this year. At the earliest I would be thinking this time next year, even later.

The one thing I hope they fix is the leveling.The Level/Loot scaling thing that Bethesda do in all their games completely ruins the experience for me. I much rather areas that have high level mobs that you know you should avoid but you could sneak it if you wanted.

In Fallout 3 it was ridiculous the way Super Mutants, Deathclaws etc were everywhere by the time you reached a certain level.

Even in Skyrim they had it to a certain extent. As for Oblivion, it ruined the game. Loot a rare chest and all of a sudden every bandit was wearing rare glass armor.

I'd have to agree with you on that one, It kind of devalues rare items if the enemies just scale to be that much tougher, It'd be more realistic to have the likes of the metro or the far reaches of the wasteland to be more dangerous than regular trading paths.

Advertisement