Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

CiaranW wrote: »
    What was the new update for?
    It seems related to Far Harbor, hopefully it means I can now complete it, I cleared the way to start Dima memories but game says I don't have the holotape.

The most recent patch was related to:
    Fallout 4 1.7.19 Update
    Fixes
    General updates to Bethesda.net Mods

Nuka-World
    Fixes

Fixed issue where "The Grand Tour" could not be completed if Gage was your active companion when the quest started.

Far Harbor and Contraptions Workshop

Far Harbor and Contraptions were also updated on PC, Xbox One and PS4 with minor updates
    Far Harbor (JP) was updated to fix untranslated strings

There was also a minor update at the start of last month (September) for PC that fixed a Nuka World bug. PS4 and Xbox version was patched in 1.7.19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Kilboor

XtraFalcon wrote: »

I'm reading that it will only be mods using existing Skyrim assets. Better than nothing I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Really didn't like the Nuka add on, only cos I had to be evil... so reload save and right off the bat I killed the leaders and freed the people.

god's toy wrote: »
    Really didn't like the Nuka add on, only cos I had to be evil... so reload save and right off the bat I killed the leaders and freed the people.

Nuka World is a late game add-on that really feels like it should be accessed early on because once you hit level 30 you more than likely already have a few minute men missions done at that point which is when Nuka World opens up.

(Personally in my current game, I've avoided Concord entirely so the Commonwealth can be my raider playground once I hit Nuka-World).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Anyone know when the mods are due for ps4?

weiland79 wrote: »
    Anyone know when the mods are due for ps4?

"With the next title update, later this month"

There doesn't seem to be an exact date (that I can find at least)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Mods are live on PS4 with this mornings patch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

All,

One thing I have noticed, I am not using mods but I am at the stage now where I have a lot of money using the purified water harvest.

One thing though, I have build up to 1000 water in Spectacle beach but it never collects. I usually get about 200+ water in sanctuary and maybe 300+ at nordhagen, but in spectacle I have the max amount of large filters and still get noting.

Any one esle having this problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

allibastor wrote: »
    All,

One thing I have noticed, I am not using mods but I am at the stage now where I have a lot of money using the purified water harvest.

One thing though, I have build up to 1000 water in Spectacle beach but it never collects. I usually get about 200+ water in sanctuary and maybe 300+ at nordhagen, but in spectacle I have the max amount of large filters and still get noting.

Any one esle having this problems.

Does it matter...? Like, are you just playing Simcity Fallout at this point?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Playing mods on Playstation feels surreal. Good crack tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Finally picked this up for PS4. Was thinking of getting it for PC but the price for PS4 was too good to turn down. I'm just wondering if the several patches since launch have improved frame rate at all, or is it still running at 30fps on PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Still runs at 30fps but it stays at 30 no dips below.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Old guns mission.

Hi guys.

I'm having a problem completing the above mission.

I've built 5 or 6 of the artillery turrets, placed them in the circular areas across the wall but nothing is happening.

When i go to yer wan she keeps telling me I need to get started on them.

When I click on them it tells me I should assign someone to them.

I've assigned Preston but nothing happens.

I've completed the main mission for the Brotherhood and been made the highest rank available.

I've looked on YouTube and when people build the artillery turrets an additional dialogue option opens with yer wan.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Old guns mission.

Hi guys.

I'm having a problem completing the above mission.

I've assigned Preston but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Have you sent a random settler to man it?
    Don't think you can send him (Preston) as the person will be alway there.

This would be the first solution to try, Preston has a tendency to randomly wander off assigned positions.

There should be a couple of random Minutemen around the Castle to pick from.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Back playing this now that I've completed the main missions in Witcher 3. I started Nuka World as it's the onky DLC I have left.

It's not as hard as people were making out but it's definitely a little bit more challenging. (Then again I'm Level 85).

I found the galactic zone relatively easy.
    Once you start activating the main frame you can disable robots

It does feel like a proper DLC after Far Harbor. The other DLC is a waste of time. (Although the limited missions in the Vault DLC do represent a challenge when the rad scorpions show up but the mission is too short)

I guess once I'm done with Nuka World that's me done with the game. I must admit Witcher 3 won me over on the standards we should expect from AAA games

faceman wrote: »

It's not as hard as people were making out but it's definitely a little bit more challenging. (Then again I'm Level 85).

It does feel like a proper DLC after Far Harbor. The other DLC is a waste of time. (Although the limited missions in the Vault DLC do represent a challenge when the rad scorpions show up but the mission is too short)

I guess once I'm done with Nuka World that's me done with the game. I must admit Witcher 3 won me over on the standards we should expect from AAA games

85 would make a huge difference alright, it only unlocks after level 30 and I struggled with it at level 36 despite having loads of meds and being armed to the teeth. I did like clearing out the areas of the park but I felt the Post-Nuka World missions to be a tedious due to having a lot of the vanilla settlements heavily built up.

I skipped the huge chunk of the Vault-Tec quests because
    I accidentally(the first time) shot the Overseer upon meeting her.
    Which just leaves you open to play in the cave.

Just picked up the Witcher 3 in the Steam sale myself, not really touched the other 2 so I'm hoping it's easy to pick up, heard a lot of good things about it. Looking forward to taking a shot at it.

I tried that (iirc) but nothing happened.

I did rejig the turrets though so I will try again later, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

I tried that (iirc) but nothing happened.

I did rejig the turrets though so I will try again later, cheers.
    If you select the turret it will tell you if someone is assigned to it or not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What kinda mods are available on ps4? Are there mod tools too make them for ps4?

What kinda mods are available on ps4? Are there mod tools too make them for ps4?

You can make them in the Creation Kit which as far as I know is only on PC but it's free to download. Just keep in mind that if it's your first time using the Creation Kit, it may be a bit overwhelming trying to figure everything out.

As for the type of mods .... there won't be any ground breaking mods but still might be enough to extend the game's life.

Bethesda PS4 mod page

I'd highly recommend keeping an eye on Elinora's content . She's one of the better modders in the community.

+Using mods will disable Trophies.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

You can make them in the Creation Kit which as far as I know is only on PC but it's free to download. Just keep in mind that if it's your first time using the Creation Kit, it may be a bit overwhelming trying to figure everything out.

As for the type of mods .... there won't be any ground breaking mods but still might be enough to extend the game's life.

Bethesda PS4 mod page

I'd highly recommend keeping an eye on Elinora's content . She's one of the better modders in the community.

+Using mods will disable Trophies.

How do you export too ps4 then though :o?

How do you export too ps4 then though :o?

Honestly I'm not sure, the following is what I THINK HAPPENS via consoles.

To use the Creation Kit you have to log in via Bethesda's little program which I imagine is linked to your account, from there you can add your created plugin to your account or upload it to Bethesda.net which you can then activate in the mod menu in-game.

I'd love too give that creation tool a go !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Just picked up the Witcher 3 in the Steam sale myself, not really touched the other 2 so I'm hoping it's easy to pick up, heard a lot of good things about it. Looking forward to taking a shot at it.
    I'd never even heard of the other two until the third came out, and went in without a clue as to any of it - the games or general 'Witcher' stuff. Some early bits get you up to speed quickly.

It starts good, but eases you in so in White Orchard (first area) might seem a tiny bit slow, but after that... well, get ready for one of the best games of your life! I think it's actually beaten out Mario 64 after that being the best game I'd ever played for 18 odd years, just finished it a month or so back. :)

Also back on FO4 after playing it quite extensively on an old room mates PS4, but on PC now (load times seem about 4x quicker, which is great) - have the DLC too which I haven't played any of. Would highly recommend the 'Raiders Extra', 'Gunners Extra' etc mods (they're in the in-game list, not sure of their exact names) - leads to you getting the holy bejaysus beaten out of you quite a lot, but also helps level up quicker and makes walking around/deciding to engage or run for your life a whole lot more interesting.

85 would make a huge difference alright, it only unlocks after level 30 and I struggled with it at level 36 despite having loads of meds and being armed to the teeth. I did like clearing out the areas of the park but I felt the Post-Nuka World missions to be a tedious due to having a lot of the vanilla settlements heavily built up.

I skipped the huge chunk of the Vault-Tec quests because
    I accidentally(the first time) shot the Overseer upon meeting her.
    Which just leaves you open to play in the cave.

I wouldn't even bother with the other two, just play 3.

weiland79 wrote: »
    If you select the turret it will tell you if someone is assigned to it or not.

I've tried this and no joy.

I don't get a dialogue option for them, it just goes straight into "I want to trade"

There are only 4 people there, the boss lady a minuteman female, a male wearing a hard hat and the fella that operates the radio.

Also, the radio was up and running then it changed to not, saying they needed more power to get it up and running.

I've built more generators and power is currently at 198 but its still in red.

:mad:

On the main PS menu its also showing as only having around 35% complete which is very surprising.

• Advertisement

I've tried this and no joy.

I don't get a dialogue option for them, it just goes straight into "I want to trade"

There are only 4 people there, the boss lady a minuteman female, a male wearing a hard hat and the fella that operates the radio.

Also, the radio was up and running then it changed to not, saying they needed more power to get it up and running.

I've built more generators and power is currently at 198 but its still in red.

:mad:

On the main PS menu its also showing as only having around 35% complete which is very surprising.

Go to another Settlement and grab a random settler and send them to the Castle. Wait at the Castle until they arrive and then assign them to the gun. That should reset any previous command.

Only other thing I can think of is if you can try to reload an earlier save. If all else fails your settlement might be bugged.

For the power, there is a water purifier out at the side of the castle follow the wires along the wall and see if they're all connected, if they are then that means that power is being sent from your generators, double check that they're not damaged.

Advertisement