Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

xtal191 wrote: »

The guy in the pcgamer review. I had to download twice so another hour. I could only but dream of being able to do that.

Tbh from those pictures there is very little between the ultra setting and the new Hi-res. Plus I have already played the game and all DLC so I will not be trying this one out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

god's toy wrote: »
    OK how about now? How about them 50 odd gigs of textures? Worth it?

Nope.

Very little difference, and the game is still not an RPG :/

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

It's recommended requirements are marked as Intel Core i7-5820K, a GTX-1080, 8GB RAM.

I have none of these so I'll continue on with my GTX 970, i7-4770 and 4GB of RAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Is anyone on ps4 pro having issues with Mods since the latest patch was released? i cant use any of them,as it renders the screen to some kind of psychadelic nightmare,was using the realistic water mod,and the mod that makes more plants & trees appear..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was thinking of re installing this on ps4 and finishing it .

• Advertisement

Was thinking of re installing this on ps4 and finishing it .

I would recommend it.

I actually enjoyed this game and DLC. Admittedly the season pass was a let down as there was a lot of short and build DLC and only two good expansions compared to the four expansions of previous Fallout games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I would recommend it.

I actually enjoyed this game and DLC. Admittedly the season pass was a let down as there was a lot of short and build DLC and only two good expansions compared to the four expansions of previous Fallout games.

Which two expansions would you recommend for Fallout 4?

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Far Harbour + Nuka World are probably the best although I did enjoy the Vault-tec DLC.

The rest aren't true expansions, they are more like content packs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I restarted this the other night and am going to be a bastard rather than good.

It gripped me like no other game in recent memory.

I've been playing gta5 but am a bit meh about it.

I cannot get into FF15 at all.

This though, it has me hook, line and sinker.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I also tried this at the weekend. Have to admit I'm struggling to find the love so far.
    Little things are getting to me, and the resource management to avoid rads is more of a chore than a joy. But I'm going to stick with it as I think it might be a slow burner and hook me without even realising it. Maybe 6 hours in, will give it another 10 or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Rod Munch wrote: »
    I restarted this the other night and am going to be a bastard rather than good.

You can't really be a total dickwad, except maybe in the Nuka World DLC, which I haven't played a whole lot of.

Unfortunately, bad apparently = sarcastic in this game.

You can't really be a total dickwad, except maybe in the Nuka World DLC, which I haven't played a whole lot of.

Unfortunately, bad apparently = sarcastic in this game.

To be bad, best bet is to take the cannibal perk and just shoot settlers/traders as you come across them as opposed to helping.

It's unfortunate that the Gunners aren't a joinable faction and mostly shoot on sight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm still pissed I lost my save in the Summer :mad: I was level 50 and had some sweet rifles with me :cool:

One thing that annoyed me about this game though (and I thinks it's the same for everyone) those stupid radiant quests :mad: would much preferred if they had just added a load of good quality side quests, radiant quests are low quality crap .

Jordan 199 wrote: »

Far Harbour + Nuka World.

I'm still pissed I lost my save in the Summer :mad: I was level 50 and had some sweet rifles with me :cool:

One thing that annoyed me about this game though (and I thinks it's the same for everyone) those stupid radiant quests :mad: would much preferred if they had just added a load of good quality side quests, radiant quests are low quality crap .

Actually yes after reading your post it came back to me. Yes this game had no decent side quests compared to Fallout 3 or New Vegas, most of the side quests are the exact same go here clear out raiders and go back for the exact same again. It gets really boring after you do it so many times.

That's not to say there isn't any good side quests in there is a few but it doesn't take you long to figure out filler and just forget about doing any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Not sure if it's pc only or not, but there are some mods like 'epic bosses of the wasteland' and 'raiders/gunners plus' (not sure of the exact names) that add a fair lot of difficulty ultimately to it. Much, much, much tougher enemies in lots of random spots around the place. Also a mod for different types of guns, not sure which but a good few are called 'soviet' etc that is double edged - they're really cool and add to the game play, but are also ridiculously stronger than other guns and can lead to you getting obliterated or obliterating others very easily.

Wouldn't recommend putting either on too early though. I did from the start and actually had to use god mode for a few mins at one point because I couldn't get through an early mission that they were blocking off, and there was absolutely zero getting around or going through them.

Actually yes after reading your post it came back to me. Yes this game had no decent side quests compared to Fallout 3 or New Vegas, most of the side quests are the exact same go here clear out raiders and go back for the exact same again. It gets really boring after you do it so many times.

That's not to say there isn't any good side quests in there is a few but it doesn't take you long to figure out filler and just forget about doing any more.

It hasn't a patch on 3 or new Vegas for that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Was thinking of starting over and letting the institute win, that way No Preston Garvey giving me crap and I get to go to a clean sanitized place every night to sleep! No joke, I miss the cleanness of it.

god's toy wrote: »
    Was thinking of starting over and letting the institute win, that way No Preston Garvey giving me crap and I get to go to a clean sanitized place every night to sleep! No joke, I miss the cleanness of it.

I just turned on dialogue subtitles and removed all his lines via the Creation Kit. Smooth and quiet sailing for the Minutemen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Came across the bug in the Old Guns quest line. Thankfully after around two hours of trying different things i got the poxy transmitter to turn on.

I had to use 2 medium size generators to get it going.

It very nearly ruined the game for me, I couldn't have an unfinished quest sitting there looking at me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Taltos wrote: »
    I also tried this at the weekend. Have to admit I'm struggling to find the love so far.
    Little things are getting to me, and the resource management to avoid rads is more of a chore than a joy. But I'm going to stick with it as I think it might be a slow burner and hook me without even realising it. Maybe 6 hours in, will give it another 10 or so.

Damn you all to hell. I'm bloody hooked and barely talking to anyone at home now. Still has shortcomings but drags you in screaming... Even dreamt about it last night so my head is wrecked...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭storker

Damn you all to hell. I'm bloody hooked and barely talking to anyone at home now. Still has shortcomings but drags you in screaming... Even dreamt about it last night so my head is wrecked...

I finally got into the building aspect. I've turned Hangman's ally into my player character's own personal fort. Between sessions of working on that, I'm sorting out settlements, but I don't like the shacks. With all the holes in roofs and walls, it looks to me like in winter you might as well be outdoors - yes I know it's just an immersion thing - so I'm building decent shacks from scratch, big ones...with sleeping, cooking/living and storage areas. I also found a mod I can use to help repair holes and broken windows in old houses like Croup Manor and Taffington Boathouse.

I had to turn off a couple of the transmitters recently. New settlers were coming in faster than I could create places for them to sleep...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Wait until you find yourself randomly worrying about your settlements and how they are doing when you are in the pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭cml387

I started this game ages ago and stopped, just wasn't hooked. This thread brought me back to it again and, you've guessed it, got hooked.
    Now up to level 67, but I have decorating to do for her indoors so can't spend much more time on it.:)
    Funny how that happens, drop a game, come back after awhile and then get enaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Bethesda announces Fallout 4's first re-released edition entitled: 'Game of the Year Edition'.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-10-nearly-two-years-after-fallout-4-came-out-its-getting-a-game-of-the-year-edition

To be released on 26 September. Some more PIP-BOY editions will also be re-released for sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I really got hooked on this game when it came out as it was the first game of any kind I had played in years apart from GTAV, but the more and more I play others the more and more I see how true the criticisms about this being a very lazy effort were.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Bethesda announces Fallout 4's first re-released edition entitled: 'Game of the Year Edition'.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-08-10-nearly-two-years-after-fallout-4-came-out-its-getting-a-game-of-the-year-edition

To be released on 26 September. Some more PIP-BOY editions will also be re-released for sale.

I wonder before release if they could get rid of the preston stupid quests and put in some actual decent side quests.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

TBH I'd just be happy with the option of killing Mama Murphy with no consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I wonder before release if they could get rid of the....

....General! Another settlement needs our help!

:pac:

• Advertisement

Toots wrote: »
    TBH I'd just be happy with the option of killing Mama Murphy with no consequences.
    Falthyron wrote: »
    ....General! Another settlement needs our help!

:pac:

If they did either and added in loads of cool proper! side quests, I'd buy it again ! LOL!

Advertisement