Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Falthyron wrote: »
    ....General! Another settlement needs our help!
    So I'm gonna walk around here in a circle while you deal with it! Oh, and I may or may not have bothered working on that veg over there you've asked me to several times already.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Billy86 wrote: »
    So I'm gonna walk around here in a circle while you deal with it! Oh, and I may or may not have bothered working on that veg over there you've asked me to several times already.

And I'll spend several years hammering the exact same spot on the wall of this exploded house, that will never ever be repairable. And sometimes I'll get stuck on the roof for no reason at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭neirbloom

I really got hooked on this game when it came out as it was the first game of any kind I had played in years apart from GTAV, but the more and more I play others the more and more I see how true the criticisms about this being a very lazy effort were.

True, especially after completing New Vegas which I finished up a couple of months ago. Don't get me wrong, still really enjoyed Fallout 4 but it defiantly felt pale in comparison.

Although saying that I thought the DLC Fall Harbour was great and the endings felt more open with a ton of different options depending on what you choose.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Toots wrote: »
    And I'll spend several years hammering the exact same spot on the wall of this exploded house, that will never ever be repairable. And sometimes I'll get stuck on the roof for no reason at all.

Ah give him a break. I used a mod to remove the entire house, and he still hammers that same spot. He's not the brightest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭iggyigauna89

So I've got back into this after a long absence and I'm thoroughly enjoying the settlement aspect of it now after initially bouncing off it.

Made all the more enjoyable with the sim settlements mod, let's a settlement develop more organically without too much effort needed from the player.

The issue is I am now looking for more items for the workshop so I'm considering picking up the season pass for 20quid. Any opinions on whether it's worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

So I've got back into this after a long absence and I'm thoroughly enjoying the settlement aspect of it now after initially bouncing off it.

Made all the more enjoyable with the sim settlements mod, let's a settlement develop more organically without too much effort needed from the player.

The issue is I am now looking for more items for the workshop so I'm considering picking up the season pass for 20quid. Any opinions on whether it's worth it?

I'd say yes for Far Harbour and Nuka World. Robatron(Or what ever it was called) was decent but short and since you like building the other DLC were aimed towards that. The DLC where you build your own vault is decent as well as there are a few short missions at the start before you start building.

I would leave the Nuka world DLC to last after you have finished exploring and building and doing missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

If you like the Settlement building then I'd say you'd like some of the new stuff in the other 2 packs (Contraptions and Wasteland Workshop). Plus you'll be getting the other 3 DLC packs which add quite a lot to the game in general along with extra objects to use in the settlement.
    The DLC where you build your own vault is decent as well as there are a few short missions at the start before you start building.

I loved the Vault-Tec one, it was just a bit strange how my settlers kept walking around ontop of the vault corridors and such.

Just a quick tip, if you don't care about doing the few missions for the couple of extra items at the start of the Vault-Tec storyline, your rifle has been known to 'hit' the occasional friendly instantly killing them with little to no repercussions (I'm sure you catch my meaning)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Picked this up in cex last week for 15 euro . Never played it before . Any tips for getting started . Finding it a bit over whelming

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Tylerdurex wrote: »
    Picked this up in cex last week for 15 euro . Never played it before . Any tips for getting started . Finding it a bit over whelming

Yeah, ignore this mother****er:

5224bc56cbb2b761b2d4d0e47a679b46--prank-calls-geek-gifts.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

By playing the main Storyline by following the quest markers you get a dog companion, there is also a perk called 'Lone Wanderer' (level-up) which gives you increased damage, resistance and carrying capacity but only while you don't have a companion with you, the dog however ignores that condition.

Ignore the bottom left of the map until you around level 20-ish.

Try to have more than one weapon type with you when possible (Laser Rifle - Sledge Hammer were my preferred weapons)

Raiders, Gunners, Super Mutants shouldn't give you too much trouble at the start but if you see the name Assaultron or Deathclaw just calmly turn around and sprint.

Those last 2 tips are more or less true for all Fallout games (Deathclaws appeared way back in 97)

You can check out Quill18's video if you want some in-depth tips but just keep in mind there is a decent chance you'll see a spoiler as is mentioned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just go explore. That's the beauty of Fallout. Ignore the story line at first, just find your own way wandering the world, discovering people, places and things of interest.

It's the kind of game you could finish in 8 hours if you strictly followed the storyline or put 100+ hours into without touching the storyline.

There's so much to do and see but exploration is what makes the game so fantastic. It's a small, but amazingly detailed world.

I didn't even start the storyline until I had already played about 120 hours just wandering around the map and completing loads of little side quests and missions that I just stumbled upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

Be sure to visit the Cheers bar in game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

actually bought all the DLC in sale last week. Went back into the game. Nuka World is very well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Be sure to visit the Cheers bar in game!

Went looking for the pub but got distracted and 4 hrs later I completely forgot why I went there, until I came back here.
    Still, it was fun and productive. Just wish my towns happiness wouldn't drop just cos I haven't been there... In 6 months.

god's toy wrote: »
    Went looking for the pub but got distracted and 4 hrs later I completely forgot why I went there, until I came back here.
    Still, it was fun and productive. Just wish my towns happiness wouldn't drop just cos I haven't been there... In 6 months.

It's near Swans Pond Called Prost which apparently is German for Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭cml387

Thanks for reminding me what a great game that was. I 've fallen out of love with my XBOX since and maybe need another boost.
    Far Harbour was certainly worth the bobs, can anyone recommend (ok I see some previous posts) about any other DLC that is worth getting?

cml387 wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me what a great game that was. I 've fallen out of love with my XBOX since and maybe need another boost.
    Far Harbour was certainly worth the bobs, can anyone recommend (ok I see some previous posts) about any other DLC that is worth getting?

Nuka World is good as well.

Robatron(or what ever it was called) is ok as it has a few missions.

I finally finished the main quest last night.

On my original play through I got burned out just as I reached the Institute.

Restarted it a few weeks back and nearly did the same thing again. After nearly 72 hours of gameplay I reached the point where scavenging was now pointless, which in turn makes it a bit harder to go on.

Had to force myself to finish it this time and just focused entirely on getting the main storyline done and ignoring whatever else was on the quest list at that point.

Did the same thing with Skyrim as well on two plays, got burned out before I finished the main quest and never finished it.

• Be sure to visit the Cheers bar in game!

Really?? Location or gtfo

• Advertisement

M!Ck^ wrote: »

YOU HAVE GOOGLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

A bit ironic that it's supposed to be where everybody knows your name. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

A bit ironic that it's supposed to be where everybody knows your name. :pac:

Hello Mr TITTYSPRINKLES :D

you know what I really love?

If you keep the Silver Shroud outfit, you can speak as the Shroud in the DLC missions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Got Far Harbour there at the weekend and finished already. Found it a bit crap, tbh, but am I missing something? Muddled my way about doing the usual 'help the citizens' quests for a bit, but then all of a sudden
    Acadia was being attacked by that bell-end Allen
    , so then, even though the FH residents were douchebags, I just decided to
    nuke the Children of the Atom - let's face it, they were loopers

Is there much else to do there besides the usual fetch quests?

The Marine Assault Armour is cool as fock.

M!Ck^ wrote: »

It's located near Swann's Pond which is around where the railroad trail starts

Fallout-4-Cheers-Skeletons.jpg

I played the game and all DLC and was never in the pub. I can't even go there now as I sold my Xbox. I will just have to wait until the One X is released.

Fallout-4-Cheers-Skeletons.jpg

This is what I love about this game. I started a second playthrough recently and I have already discovered new quests and locations that I completely missed first time around

This is what I love about this game. I started a second playthrough recently and I have already discovered new quests and locations that I completely missed first time around

I'm so tempted to delete all my save files and start again from scratch !

• Advertisement

• I'm so tempted to delete all my save files and start again from scratch !

I may do that if there if I pick up a One X

Advertisement