Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Fallout 4 just got a patch on the Xboxx one X (As of today) file size between 700-800mb?
    Any ideas? Can't see anything online about it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fallout 4 just got a patch on the Xboxx one X (As of today) file size between 700-800mb?
    Any ideas? Can't see anything online about it

I got that as well. Seems like a small patch like the ones for Xbox 360 backwards compatible titles that got a One X upgrade. Where as Xbox One titles that got enhanced received gigabyte's in size updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

I’ve finally started playing this and as a huge fan of Fallout 3 I’m disappointed so far. The pacing is horrendous. The guy comes to your front door to sign you up for the vault and then the apocalypse happens about 10 seconds later. Also giving you the power armour an hour into the game is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I’ve finally started playing this and as a huge fan of Fallout 3 I’m disappointed so far. The pacing is horrendous. The guy comes to your front door to sign you up for the vault and then the apocalypse happens about 10 seconds later. Also giving you the power armour an hour into the game is ridiculous.

I never used the power armor until the very end and in the DLC's as I had so much power cells saved up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,866 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I thought the same, I was saying it’s dumb I’ve more guns than I can carry and power armor after an hour of gameplay. Then I gave up for months.

Ended up saying feck it I’ll power through it just get it finished. After about 4-5 hours I was hooked, it’s so good and I was so glad it actually wasn’t just another fallout 3 spin off. The different power armor, the settlements, the trading routes it’s all so good.

Put 100+ hours into it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Could be time for a second play through....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Its not a patch on fallout 3 but it is a good game, the radiant quest and the lack of good side quests brings it down though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

So after 150 hours of gameplay I'm finally reaching the endgame. I've loved this game but it's time to end the main storyline. Still haven't decided which faction to side with, so I am off to find Cheers bar to think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Still think the Institute were painted wrongly, I want to redo the game and this time pick them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

god's toy wrote: »
    Still think the Institute were painted wrongly, I want to redo the game and this time pick them.

Nah, they are pure scum. But feel free to pick again and see how it ends;)

All Eyes On Rafah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Playing this after it not clicking with me at launch.

Enjoying it but as someone new to the series the charcter stat/perk system is terrible imo,ill explain why i think that.

Its terrible in the sense a new player has no idea what perks there barring themselves from later in the game by not picking a certain amount of base points and then theres no way to respec. Im level 16 and im thinking of restarting because of this but not sure ill stick with it if i do.

People may say theres no level cap,and thats true,but no way im gonna be getting to the required level to get some i want without putting tons of hours into the game. I think 2 perk points per level would have been a lot less problematic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I always go security and science just for the ease of hacking into terminals and stuff.
    You'll be completely OP by end of game anyways no matter what you choose.

The skills and points are there for flavour....like if you wanna be a melee 1 hit wonder etc or focus on guns. Some perks give you a bonus point to add into something don't they ?
    Anyways, don't try get everything now....save some for your next playthrough (though can I advise you play FO:NV or FO3 instead))...both are better than 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

god's toy wrote: »

You can make a save file from before you make the choice and play all 3 endings.
    They are all terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    You can make a save file from before you make the choice and play all 3 endings.
    They are all terrible.

Thats true. didnt think of that.. funny, I really want the Nuka world story to be part of the main one. I'd pick that ha ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

People say 3 and NV are both better and I’ve tried playing both but couldn’t really get into them. Both feel very dated now and I even tried 3 with a bunch of mods but I still got sick of it and went back to 4 which I’ve played through twice now. I don’t know why I never played them when they came out like I did with the elder scrolls games.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    I always go security and science just for the ease of hacking into terminals and stuff.
    You'll be completely OP by end of game anyways no matter what you choose.

The skills and points are there for flavour....like if you wanna be a melee 1 hit wonder etc or focus on guns. Some perks give you a bonus point to add into something don't they ?
    Anyways, don't try get everything now....save some for your next playthrough (though can I advise you play FO:NV or FO3 instead))...both are better than 4.

Its not that i want to feel op,its just that i didnt make good choices for base points gvin how i want to play the game. Your just stuck with the choices or restart as far as i can see. Having the choice to pick them again id make a much more informed decision,the game wants you to pick blind at the start.

Im gonna finish the main campaign then restart with a load of mods i reckon.

Im 21 hrs in now and i see 20hrs for the main campaign be thrown about so cant be far off now. Next mission is to the glowing sea.

EoinHef wrote: »
    Its not that i want to feel op,its just that i didnt make good choices for base points gvin how i want to play the game. Your just stuck with the choices or restart as far as i can see.

If you want you can use console commands and reset them

If you want you can use console commands and reset them

Cheers.

Im gonna just get through the main campaign,if im still short of perk points im gonna restart.

Id like to mod the crap out of the game but should prob do one legit playthrough first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

MadYaker wrote: »
    People say 3 and NV are both better and I’ve tried playing both but couldn’t really get into them. Both feel very dated now and I even tried 3 with a bunch of mods but I still got sick of it and went back to 4 which I’ve played through twice now. I don’t know why I never played them when they came out like I did with the elder scrolls games.

The graphics were dated even in 2008 when FO3 came out....but it's a great game still and I find it very playable still, compares very well with FO4 in terms of narrative and content.

I would think both are better than Fallout 4 in every aspect apart from graphics.

Haven't played FO3 with mods but I played NV with tons of visual mods recently (like to keep the actual game mechanics as developers intended though) and it was amazing, was like a different game.

Despite my mini rants about the perk system i have to say im enjoying the game.

Was all set to keep chipping away at the campaign yesterday after work but ended up getting side tracked for a few hours after meeting jack cabot. Hopefully that pays off,ill know in a week:D

• Advertisement

Despite my mini rants about the perk system i have to say im enjoying the game.

Was all set to keep chipping away at the campaign yesterday after work but ended up getting side tracked for a few hours after meeting jack cabot. Hopefully that pays off,ill know in a week:D

Lol. If you are playing FO4 for it's narrative you are gonna be disappointed.
    The cabot sidequest is one of the best, along with the Silver Shroud and the USS Constitution.
    The rest aren't very memorable ....oh...and there was one with some drink dispensing robot or jukebox. That was quite fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Lol. If you are playing FO4 for it's narrative you are gonna be disappointed.
    The cabot sidequest is one of the best, along with the Silver Shroud and the USS Constitution.
    The rest aren't very memorable ....oh...and there was one with some drink dispensing robot or jukebox. That was quite fun.

The one where you have to save Rex and Strong from the top of Trinity Tower is another great one.
    The Macbeth quotes on the way down we're absolutely hilarious

Ah no,some of the quests are amusing and fun but im not looking for any ground breaking stories. Id just like to give vanilla a fair go before either restarting with mods or just adding some as is.

I do like the theme of the artstyle aswell and the background music is cool.

While no characters are that memorable its just fun tooling about.

Level 19 and ive just figured out under and over armour is a thing

Thought it was weird my guy walking around with no top on,just a harness:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Level 19 and ive just figured out under and over armour is a thing

Thought it was weird my guy walking around with no top on,just a harness:(

If you're on PC there's a few mods (armorsmith extended and more armor slots) that add loads of slots/combos, quite a decent pair of mods.

If you're on PC there's a few mods (armorsmith extended and more armor slots) that add loads of slots/combos, quite a decent pair of mods.

Yup on PC.

Cheers,ill check them out.

Bought the GOTY yesterday,which was €5 cheaper than the season pass for some reason,was €17.50. Noticed a few mods need you to have the DLC so thought id grab it.
    First trip to the glowing sea went well. Thought something had gone wrong though when it was telling me to leave the what looks like the edge of the map when i was looking for virgil. Man the glowing seas is nothing but deathclaws and rad scorpions! Luckily i had a half decent shotgun. Off to C.I.T in the morning after work if i dont get distracted by some ramdom side quest

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's a far better game with some mods installed, so definitely do that.

Didnt think id still be at the main campaign by now but i am. The last few days ive just been messing around with side quests. Can loose hours to them.
    Got the broadside from Ironside. Helped a few settlements get established.
    Bought the house in Diamond City and now have it setup as the place to upgrade weapons/armour/power armour.
    And just a ton of other quests and random asides.
    Regarding campaign,have the teleporter built as well so be taking a trip to the institute after work in the morning

Still havent modded the game,i do want to but id like to get the campaign done vanilla first. And after i got past the perk thing i havent really had too many issues.

Carry weight is annoying in this game more than most givin the amoumt of materials needed for all sorts but ive found dog meat to be a decent sherpa for me. Using lone wanderer perk so cant have anyone but dogmeat equipped as far as i know or the perk wont work.

Although i did unlock a hefty looking fellow this morning in trinity towers who i was tempted to use.
    Also fcuk that freedom trail yolk,i knew the trail quest had popped up somewhere in diamond city when i arrived. Was a good hour and a bit looking around for where it happened before i saw the robot beside the trail starting place. Then it took me 10 minutes to look down and see the actual trail

Finished up the main campaign tonight. All in all enjoyed it. Some parts i was kinda just cruising through missions to get it done but then the odd good mission would come up that would be quite fun.

Story wise im not sure id replay just to see the different endings for the different factions,feel i saw enough of all them to get an idea of where it would go. The distractions are numerous and can be fun when you let yourself just take it as it comes which is the part ive enjoyed the most.

I do wish there was a bit more depth to the weapon/armour crafting in general. Felt pretty generic to me. Noting unique to craft just variants of pretty much the same thing for each item.

Building wasnt a problem for me,felt it was a small part of the campaign which didnt really get in the way too much. Can see why others would rather it wasnt there though

Reckon ill just head straight to far harbour. Install a few mods now that ive completed the campaign too.

Even though numbers are pretty useless its probably a 7/10 game for me. Still happy enough to continue on and explore the dlc. Not sure for how long but for the moment i feel theres a lot left to see

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

After almost 3 years on and off, I finally wrapped up the campaign as well. What a game, just phenomenal.....it may be small, but it's such a convincing world to get lost in. Went with the Brotherhood, so will probably reload a save and go with the Institute before I dive into Far Harbour/Nuka World.

Actually feel a bit bummed out that the main quest is over, makes everything else feel a little hollow. The fact that I've played it for almost three years on and off made it feel like it was sort of a game that would never quite end. Contemplating doing another Run of New Vegas....pity Fallout 76 isn't a new SP title like that was.

Anyway, has its faults definitely but overall, Fallout 4, like FO3 and New Vegas, is an easy 10/10 for me.

Advertisement