Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

RichFTW wrote: »
    Would be amazing. Surely some sort of transport would be needed then if it's that big? Fingers crossed for a vertibird!

Even a clunky ould motorbike would be sweet - there was enough parts lying around in FO3. Wouldn't have to move too quickly even, just quicker than walking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

After having played Fallout 3 to death (including all the DLCs), I am about to start New Vegas. I started New Vegas years ago, but due to other commitments I stopped playing and didn't return to it. I have just made a new character and so the journey begins! All the DLC for New Vegas is installed as well!

Looking forward to this! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I really hope its one big self contained map. Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition were huge, but the way they were set out in boxes was a bit immersion breaking for me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I don't mind a few separate maps (like Witcher 3), as long as there's no loading when entering a building.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Seperate maps in a Fallout would be horrible imo, one of the most immersive things about the Wasteland was spotting landmarks in the distance, same for Skyrim...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Thargor wrote: »
    Seperate maps in a Fallout would be horrible imo, one of the most immersive things about the Wasteland was spotting landmarks in the distance, same for Skyrim...

The seperate maps works really well in Witcher 3. Still feels like an absolutely huge world that I would take any day over loading to enter buildings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

EGriff wrote: »
    When was the last time we saw an announcement and release within 5 months of each other?

Not all games are delayed like Witcher 3 (2 years) or Duke Nukem Forever (15 years). Last year's E3 alone had Far Cry 4, all the annual EA games and COD, Little Big Planet 3, Assassins Creed Unity/ Halo: MCC (those last two are debatable) being announced and released within 5 months. Developers are getting a better grip on the new consoles I suppose. Last year, EA admitted they were so early into developing they could only show concept previews for games coming later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

23rd October 2077 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Not all games are delayed like Witcher 3 (2 years) or Duke Nukem Forever (15 years). Last year's E3 alone had Far Cry 4, all the annual EA games and COD, Little Big Planet 3, Assassins Creed Unity/ Halo: MCC (those last two are debatable) being announced and released within 5 months. Developers are getting a better grip on the new consoles I suppose. Last year, EA admitted they were so early into developing they could only show concept previews for games coming later this year.

Well far cry 4 is just far cry 3 with a different bad guy (good game mind). Hopefully FO4 is a bit more of an upgrade than that.

I hope it comes out as soon as possible, I just think they'll let the hype build a bit longer than 5 months for such a big game.

The Fallout games were never about the graphics anyway right from it's very roots, it was all about gameplay, features and detail.

Bull****.

The amount of people that mention exiting the vault for the first time in fallout 3 as one of the most breathe taking moments in gaming. That game looked good for its time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

joe123 wrote: »
    Il be surprised if this gets released this year. At the earliest I would be thinking this time next year, even later.

The one thing I hope they fix is the leveling.The Level/Loot scaling thing that Bethesda do in all their games completely ruins the experience for me. I much rather areas that have high level mobs that you know you should avoid but you could sneak it if you wanted.

In Fallout 3 it was ridiculous the way Super Mutants, Deathclaws etc were everywhere by the time you reached a certain level.

Even in Skyrim they had it to a certain extent. As for Oblivion, it ruined the game. Loot a rare chest and all of a sudden every bandit was wearing rare glass armor.

I think all signs point to this year. With beth hosting their first ever e3 conference, but already spilling the beans on F4 before it, instead of keeping it for a late surprise at the show. I bet the surprise they're keeping for the show is a 2015 release date.

Todd said last year how they dont want to trickle info out, but wait till its ready, and BAM!

Edit,
    Pre-order is up on steam "Coming soon"
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/

Thargor wrote:

Exactly. Picking a spot in the distance and just walking was one of Fallout's greatest pleasures. Unbroken discovery and exploration.

The amount of people that mention exiting the vault for the first time in fallout 3 as one of the most breathe taking moments in gaming. That game looked good for its time.

Oh man. Nostalgia buzz :) It was a brilliantly done moment. I kind of want to reinstall it now just play up to that part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Very Interesting read. Apparently she was fired for accidentally leaking FO4 info and Kotaku picked it up. She said she saw a roadmap for release.

]
    Kilboor wrote: »
    I'd be very sceptical of anything you read on kotaku lads. Ultimate clickbait site

http://kotaku.com/latest-popular-fallout-4-rumor-sure-seems-like-bs-1709009561

In fairness to Kotaku they say they have had nothing to do with her ever and claim her story doesn't really check out.

Separate areas would ruin some of the immersion for me. I found having to enter different maps in Dragon Age a little jarring and I'd argue that the start of Fallout 3 was breathtaking not just because of the graphics but also because of the feeling there was suddenly a giant cohesive world for you to explore in any direction you wanted. I'm happy to sacrifice some graphical might if it helps Bethesda to achieve this cohesion again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Bull****.

That was just icing on the cake considering that fact that Fallout 3 was the first game in first person and 3D.

Fallout 2 was the start of greatness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I'll be shocked if it's not out this year, given that it's already available for pre-order in several reputable online stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Steam are offering every game in Fallout (including the originals) for 40% off each. Fallout 3: GOTY Edition is €12. That's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Dair76 wrote: »
    I'll be shocked if it's not out this year, given that it's already available for pre-order in several reputable online stores.

I've had Mirror's Edge 2 pre-ordered on Amazon since since E3 2013.

Still, it does look like this will be out this year pending any last minute delays to polish it some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Steam are offering every game in Fallout (including the originals) for 40% off each. Fallout 3: GOTY Edition is €12. That's a bargain.

I bought it for €5 a few years ago and it's been as low as €2.50 and with the steam sale coming up in a few weeks you might as well wait

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The dog was the worst thing in that trailer. The coat on it was really, really ****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I have goty edition but it only work for a bit and then crashes , pain in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I have goty edition but it only work for a bit and then crashes , pain in the ass.

Ps3?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

noodler wrote: »
    Ps3?

No on pc but I have on ps3 too and every hour or so it would lock up on me too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

...... This confirms that the next entry is current-gen only, and will not be released for PlayStation 3.

Well fcuk you very much bethesda

• No on pc but I have on ps3 too and every hour or so it would lock up on me too.

What OS you running? I had issues until I tweaked Fallout 3 on win 7 64x

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Lockheed

So excited for this, looks like a great game.
    Am I the only one who replayed the trailer 10+ times?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If the rumours are true about a release later this year, I'd be impressed. How the hell did they manage to keep it under wraps for this long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

No on pc but I have on ps3 too and every hour or so it would lock up on me too.

I had that problem too when i played it a few months back. When it was first released my disc copy crashed a lot as well. Think i had to download and install an Unoffical patch which stopped it crashing so often.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    What OS you running? I had issues until I tweaked Fallout 3 on win 7 64x

Windows 8 64bit, I literally have to restart the computer :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Windows 8 64bit, I literally have to restart the computer :/

I just read on another thread that steam have it writing not optimized for windows 7 or later.

edit: It is true just read it on steam now.

Advertisement