Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I just read on another thread that steam have it writing not optimized for windows 7 or later.

edit: It is true just read it on steam now.

Basstards :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭Pixelbastardo

nc19 wrote: »
    Well fcuk you very much bethesda

It might be on last gen too still. The way Pete Hines dodged the question and wouldn't give a straight "no" answer when asked multiple times if it was for last gen too. Its abit shady, and he is their PR after all, he knows how to spin things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I love the Fallout universe, right up my street. But I played Fallout 3 and New Vegas pretty much on release and the bugs just ruined the experience for me. Think I'll wait a few months after release before picking this up, hopefully they will have the major bugs patched by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Just watched the trailer again! I turned on F3 again just to satisfy my Fallout craving, if even just a bit.

I cannot wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

madcabbage wrote: »
    If the rumours are true about a release later this year, I'd be impressed. How the hell did they manage to keep it under wraps for this long!
    They didn't really though. There were a good few leaks, as far back as 2013. I'd say once they finished Skyrim I'd say they would have started working on it. It was just Skryim DLC and Elder Scrolls Online would have been there main focus publicly, but they would have been working on this aswell. So if we say they started working on it at the start of 2012, a release date this year would be about right.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

That guy can't be for real, can he? His voice is like something out of Family Guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

That guy can't be for real, can he? His voice is like something out of Family Guy.

nah, its a character he plays, check out his other videos, hes alright actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

nah, its a character he plays, check out his other videos, hes alright actually.

Ah right, I was thinking/hoping that! :D I had seen him a couple of times and only managed about 15 seconds each :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I agree with him :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It's gotten to the stage now where I'd be surprised if Fallout didn't release this year.

All the main stores have it down as a 2015 release including Bethesda's own store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Bethesda with the troll of the year by announcing a 2016 release at E3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Bethesda with the troll of the year by announcing a 2016 release at E3.

I hope not, I'm deliberately not buying any games between now and E3 as I'm hopeful for a release date in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

It's funny, this years E3 is already better than last years for me :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

Steam are offering every game in Fallout (including the originals) for 40% off each. Fallout 3: GOTY Edition is €12. That's a bargain.

Did i read somewhere that Fallout 3 may not run straight away on PC, you have to do some form of fiddling to get it working? Thinking of giving it another go, it's been years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Did i read somewhere that Fallout 3 may not run straight away on PC, you have to do some form of fiddling to get it working? Thinking of giving it another go, it's been years.

I got the GOTY Edition off of Steam and it seemed to work fine for me (I have Windows 8.1). I was so reluctant to get it beforehand based on the problems people had (on Windows 7 and 8) but I didn't come across anything problematic.

Played it last night, some fun! :)

By the way, don't take my word on it. There are tutorial videos that do help with those problems should they occur. But I got lucky, somehow... :cool:

Forgot to include the fact that the problems were specific to the Steam version of the game. The original physical copy (which I also have) is flawless afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

tok9 wrote: »
    It's gotten to the stage now where I'd be surprised if Fallout didn't release this year.

All the main stores have it down as a 2015 release including Bethesda's own store.

Oh, well look at what we have here.

I want an apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I got the GOTY Edition off of Steam and it seemed to work fine for me (I have Windows 8.1). I was so reluctant to get it beforehand based on the problems people had (on Windows 7 and 8) but I didn't come across anything problematic.

Played it last night, some fun! :)

By the way, don't take my word on it. There are tutorial videos that do help with those problems should they occur. But I got lucky, somehow... :cool:

Forgot to include the fact that the problems were specific to the Steam version of the game. The original physical copy (which I also have) is flawless afaik

Sound, I'm going to download it tonight and give a whirl. Might pimp it out a bit with mods.

Keno wrote: »

I want an apology.

lol :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

If you're playing Fallout 3 on pc, download the unofficial patch. It fixes a load of issues, and can help with any CTD's that might happen.

www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/19122/

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »

I want an apology.

lol... I was just teasing you! :)

You'll get an apology when you do something useful in Rocket league next month!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I wont get my hopes up for a race selection I want to be a mutant or ghoul! Gah, so il probably get it on pc for the mods but if you can il grab it on ps4.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

whats beginning to annoy me is that people are giving out about new games not being released on ps3/360, for Christ sake thats last gen now as of two years ago, its about time they start developing for just current gen and stop trying to make games that will run on 10 year old hardware!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

whats beginning to annoy me is that people are giving out about new games not being released on ps3/360, for Christ sake thats last gen now as of two years ago, its about time they start developing for just current gen and stop trying to make games that will run on 10 year old hardware!

It's so irritating when people complain these games aren't coming out on 360/PS3 because they haven't invested in current gen yet. This kind of mentality is holding back the gaming industry and those of us who have invested in the future are punished by games being limited to allow for 360/PS3 releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Give us a release date please,thought I was suffering from a bit of Bethesda fatigue but now Im chewing my nails waiting for this...

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

No mention of Deathclaws yet - hated those guys!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Fallout4_Trailer_Deathclaw_1433355581.png

DeclanRe wrote: »

There a bunch of knobs :mad: they were very hard too kill in NV .

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

There a bunch of knobs :mad: they were very hard too kill in NV .

Anti Material rife with exploding ammo made fairly short work of them :D

Just picked up Fallout 3 GOTY in work today will keep me busy for the next week before my holidays and get the hype train moving some more.

• Advertisement

Fakman87 wrote: »
    It's so irritating when people complain these games aren't coming out on 360/PS3 because they haven't invested in current gen yet. This kind of mentality is holding back the gaming industry and those of us who have invested in the future are punished by games being limited to allow for 360/PS3 releases.

I don't disagree with either of ye and I'm delighted that the game isn't coming out on last gen.

However, playing devil's advocate, isn't this essentially the same as PC gamers giving out about games being held back by consoles in general?

Advertisement