Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

About what guns people used in Fallout 3. I used that gun that fired tin cans and other debris right the way through to near the end where I decided to use a normal gun. I used to shoot all the tin cans etc.. and pick them back up and shoot again, great way to save having to find or purchase ammo, especially in the beginning.

the rock-it launcher? wasn't that was it was called? class weapon for saving ammo for other guns :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

the rock-it launcher? wasn't that was it was called? class weapon for saving ammo for other guns :)

Yes that was it, great gun, you get the blue-prints early in the game as well iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Shy_Dave! wrote: »
    Depending on the ENB I'm seeing 40-60fps, doesn't feel smooth at all though. I have large texture packs and the like, I could just scale it back but if I could only get crossfire working right I would have no issues :P

That mod sounds awesome.

3 and NV were always even a bit clunky on modern dual/quad core setups.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I hope there's a decent amount of stuff to do with the Brotherhood of Steel. The small part they had in NV was quite disappointing to me really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Angron wrote: »
    I hope there's a decent amount of stuff to do with the Brotherhood of Steel. The small part they had in NV was quite disappointing to me really.

That was to be expected though. New Vegas, as the name suggests, took place on the opposite coast to the BOS stronghold. I thought that it was fantastic that they even included the BOS so strongly despite the lore to be honest. Can't say that Obsidian didn't try their hardest to appease fans of of both universes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

A return for the Brotherhood Outcasts would be nice too, if only for the red tint in the power armour - that was the balls the first time I saw it.

The grim, bleak world of New Vegas: Dust.

I think I've died about 30 times in two hours now.

In the first picture that bunch of people standing atop the rocks ran down and clubbed me to death as I tried pathetically to fight them off with 15 rounds of ammo that took me an hour to gather.

351657.jpg

351658.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The magnum handgun always a favourite of mine with the different ammo types. For this replay, might try the Roman storyline so Piluii/Gladaii might be more used.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I lvoed the quest in the town with the Dinosaur visitor centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

noodler wrote: »
    I lvoed the quest in the town with the Dinosaur visitor centre.
    I loved that sci-fi handgun you got in the giftshop there, it had a green led on the side, think I used it for the rest of the game...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Thargor wrote: »
    I loved that sci-fi handgun you got in the giftshop there, it had a green led on the side, think I used it for the rest of the game...

I might be dreaming this, but could you rob that and sell it back to him? I have a vague recollection of doing that and making a few k in caps out of it!

Pretty sure I stole it aswell, it was on a shelf in a storeroom full of dinosaurs and radioactive rocket toys, one of the most satisfying handguns in an FPS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

That was to be expected though. New Vegas, as the name suggests, took place on the opposite coast to the BOS stronghold. I thought that it was fantastic that they even included the BOS so strongly despite the lore to be honest. Can't say that Obsidian didn't try their hardest to appease fans of of both universes.
    Oh yeah, I mean I understand the "why" of there not being too much BoS. It's just they're my favourite faction, so when it didn't have a whole pile for them to do I felt a little bit let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Angron wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I mean I understand the "why" of there not being too much BoS. It's just they're my favourite faction, so when it didn't have a whole pile for them to do I felt a little bit let down.

Same wanted them to be a DLC and or win the war if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Same wanted them to be a DLC and or win the war if possible.

Obligatory "War, war never changes" comment

I bought STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl to sort my post-apocalyptic fix until Fallout 4.

It's good but it's insanely hard....feel like there's something I'm missing! I've been playing for hours, half of which is at pitch black night, it's impossible to see or do anything almost - and there's no way to pass time!

Then I found a mission where I was supposed to eliminate a bandit attack - but I can't survive more than about 5 seconds, and if an NPC ally dies, mission failed! I've tried it about 15 times now and just can't do it, it is impossible.

Not sure whether or not I like it.... or am one more death away from uninstalling it and forgetting about it. :confused:

It just seems absurdly rather than enjoyably difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I've been playing for hours, half of which is at pitch black night, it's impossible to see or do anything almost - and there's no way to pass time!

Then I found a mission where I was supposed to eliminate a bandit attack - but I can't survive more than about 5 seconds, and if an NPC ally dies, mission failed! I've tried it about 15 times now and just can't do it, it is impossible.

It's possible to save him, just very hard.

Also, you can turn your light on with L key. I think that's the key... either way it should be rebindable in the options.

lgwqru.png
    Not sure whether or not I like it.... or am one more death away from uninstalling it and forgetting about it. :confused:

Get out of here, Stalker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I was thinking of getting a couple of games for the PS3 like Wolfenstein: The New Order and Dishonoured. Just to fill in the time until Fallout 4 comes along. That being said, I doubt they could truly satisfy me knowing that such an epic game is just over the horizon.

Yeah I finally managed to complete that part. My main gripe though is with night-time - it lasts forever, I've been playing the past two hours in the pitch black! I know you have the little light but that's almost useless, can just about see the path but if you encounter any enemies you're dead because they can see you a mile away. I can't believe there's no way to sleep/speed up time/pass time. I feel like it's the only thing really holding the game back. What are you supposed to spend several hours doing at night time? It's not like it's 'game' night time like in say, Fallout 3 or NV - it's genuinely middle of the night, real life pitch black can't see more than 3 feet in front of you night! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I think that Stalker Complete 2012 addresses that Terror

• Advertisement

Yeah I see that now, but even though it's called '2012' it's actually a mod from 2009, someone told me not to get that one - I was recommended 'Autumn Aureola 2' so I installed that, game looks and plays great for a 2007 title now but the drawback is that there are no sleep options. The point I'm at now there is nothing I can do, behind me are numerous enemies, in front of me are numerous enemies. And even if you turn off your flashlight they can see you from about 25 meters away in the pitch black. It's impossible try and outfight multiple enemies in the dark. The game is fantastic in the day time and at dusk. But this night-time craic isn't fun, it's a pain. :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yeah I finally managed to complete that part. My main gripe though is with night-time - it lasts forever, I've been playing the past two hours in the pitch black! I know you have the little light but that's almost useless, can just about see the path but if you encounter any enemies you're dead because they can see you a mile away. I can't believe there's no way to sleep/speed up time/pass time. I feel like it's the only thing really holding the game back. What are you supposed to spend several hours doing at night time? It's not like it's 'game' night time like in say, Fallout 3 or NV - it's genuinely middle of the night, real life pitch black can't see more than 3 feet in front of you night! :confused:

I don't remember having too many problems with night time in stalker. Maybe I had brightness up higher though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

I was thinking of getting a couple of games for the PS3 like Wolfenstein: The New Order and Dishonoured. Just to fill in the time until Fallout 4 comes along. That being said, I doubt they could truly satisfy me knowing that such an epic game is just over the horizon.

Dishonoured is great, and well worth the price I'd imagine you can get it for now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Get dragons dogma, far better than both of them.

First is with no flashlight - second is with a flashlight. And I'm supposed to wander around a wasteland full of heavily armed enemies, mutants, and whatever else like this for actual hours!

351886.jpg

351885.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Now thats hardcore!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

First is with no flashlight - second is with a flashlight. And I'm supposed to wander around a wasteland full of heavily armed enemies, mutants, and whatever else like this for actual hours!

351886.jpg

351885.jpg

Unless there is something wrong with my phone screen, there is no way it's meant to be that dark. Something is definitely wrong.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Yep that doesn't look right at all most mods make night time darker so thats definitely not normal for the vanilla game. I can't remember it getting much worse than dusk light levels but then it has been a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I modded the game with 'essential mods' as was suggested by the only STALKER community really left... the ones on STALKER general threads on image boards.

Here's a paste
    Shoker 3.0 when? Edition

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
    Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

Remember to switch to "Viewing" mode on the Google docs.
    >Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
    http://pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv (embed)
    >HUD Guide, How to Mod, Reducing/Removing Headbob, and More
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DEbJvFWS3L4LY8OPMG5m9pw2FnJpegwjDFTN0BmM8uk
    >Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
    http://pastebin.com/6AtetpMM (embed)
    >Performance Guides, Steam settings
    http://pastebin.com/nzXEevG7 (embed)
    >Mod lists and reviews
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zlWA6xTRYTbf8WgvxjBX1fo2LshPo6okHkNY1Ojgg9g
    >AMK Mod Guide
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/15-o_97gjEQRGO6QhUehY7LdqD3FJy84Pz_sWTTV46as
    >Downgrading SoC to 1.0004
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zprw6q_g6rKjT4ok9TAgm5l5O6xjnkd2JUiE9kKjq60

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
    >Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
    http://cheeki.violates.me/
    >STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
    http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone
    >STALK-IRC - a universally compatible game-integrated chat client
    https://github.com/TKGP/STALK-IRC/releases

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. You can safely uninstall it.

• Advertisement

I played Vanilla and I could have sworn night didnt make a difference to me, preferred to go out during the day but Im like that in most games, have you googled it?

Advertisement