Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Edit: My post no longer makes sense :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

You can tell by the post times that he's doing it manually aswell :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Well I finally made it through the night. I've been playing since I last posted, have died about 20 times since at least, and I've gotten about.... 500m down the road.

Now that day has broken once more, everything seems fine again! :D

The parts where the air raid sirens sound overnight and that hellish radioactive storm kicks up forcing you to frantically find somewhere to hide from the elements and the mutants are actually terrifying.

Oh, and on the plus side, STALKER is the perfect example of what makes PC Gaming great. An 8 year old game, that cost €2 to buy (it's still €2 with a load of other games included on Bundle Stars if anyone else is enticed to buy it), and it looks like this with a few simple mods installed.

351906.jpg

351907.jpg

351908.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well I finally made it through the night. I've been playing since I last posted, have died about 20 times since at least, and I've gotten about.... 500m down the road.

Now that day has broken once more, everything seems fine again! :D

The parts where the air raid sirens sound overnight and that hellish radioactive storm kicks up forcing you to frantically find somewhere to hide from the elements and the mutants are actually terrifying.

Oh, and on the plus side, STALKER is the perfect example of what makes PC Gaming great. An 8 year old game, that cost €2 to buy (it's still €2 with a load of other games included on Bundle Stars if anyone else is enticed to buy it), and it looks like this with a few simple mods installed.

351906.jpg

351907.jpg

351908.jpg

If you want I can install whichever version you have and post a screenshot of what I get at night. I love the STALKER games (they lack polish but they're still amazing) so anything I can do to help some one stick with them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When did this turn into a stalker discussion? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think I will stick with the version I have - night time is a pain but the overall experience is excellent, and I have to admit dying 20 times in a row makes that time you finally succeed even sweeter. It's the 'Autumn Aurora 2 mod', straight forward install, no need to go messing with seperate texture/ENB/bug fix mods.

I think Stalker is pretty related to Fallout, I have been searching for something to scratch that post-apocalyptic Fallout itch before FO4 - couldn't get back into FO3 or NV after sinking 200 hours into them previously, didn't really like Borderlands, State of Decay was OK but not exactly what I craved, Metro is too linear - but Stalker is exactly what I was looking for. And I have 2 sequels to look forward to playing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Damn! I have 2 Stalker games from a Steam sale about a year ago but never played em, but those screens have me interested now.

Whats a list of essential mods for each game? Pripyat and Chernobyl

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

didn't really like Borderlands,

What? I loved those games. I have to get the pre-sequel but I'm waiting till it drops more in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Wasn't a fan of the graphical comic book style in borderlands. Put me off.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    Wasn't a fan of the graphical comic book style in borderlands. Put me off.

You missed out big time on brilliant games. The graphics are actually really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I love Cel shading, its actually something that would draw me to a game after Borderlands, its lovely looking imo

You missed out big time on brilliant games. The graphics are actually really good.

No doubt that they are. Just never was pushed. Plus I've not actually played anything in a long time. Work is frustratingly time consuming these days.

Mycroft H wrote: »
    No doubt that they are. Just never was pushed. Plus I've not actually played anything in a long time. Work is frustratingly time consuming these days.

Yes Borderlands are time consuming. I put 65 hours into 1 and also 70 hours into 2 including DLC and I could have spent even longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

There was I thinking wow must be new fallout news... Nope!

Tomorrow night I imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Well, 3am Monday morning.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,406 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Was gonna try and stay up for it but I dont think I'll bother now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I'll watch it.

Ah the joys of unemployment.... :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I've been playing Fallout 3 until 3am for the past week as preparation. I know this isn't relevant to the thread as Stalker (:p) but here's a tenuous story about a hypothetical Skyrim 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Well, 3am Monday morning.

game of thrones or e3, decisions decisions! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I've been playing Fallout 3 until 3am for the past week as preparation. I know this isn't relevant to the thread as Stalker (:p) but here's a tenuous story about a hypothetical Skyrim 2.

Yep. Half way through replaying New Vegas. playing an alt character. This time, I'm going to be the big man with power!!! Yes man!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

game of thrones or e3, decisions decisions! :D

c7NJRa2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Wheres the fecking Red Dead Redemption pc port is what this thread should really be about!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I don't see the point in watching it. It's 90% PR bullsh!t and 10% useful information. Every gaming website plus countless youtubers will have summaries the next day allowing you to pick out the useful info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Man I really want a sale on FO 3 right now. There was one on amazon a few days but I didn't commit TT

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I never stay up for e3, always a handy link somewhere like the usual E3 Video thread on boards where i can see what happened. Wait is bethesda on tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I never stay up for e3, always a handy link somewhere like the usual E3 Video thread on boards where i can see what happened. Wait is bethesda on tonight?

Yup, 3am i think irish time. Id like to stay up for it if i had the day off but not worth a day in work that tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Struggling to sleep x_X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Could someone who watches it post bullet points or a video or both here if you can? I'd be most grateful.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I prefer to just wait till the next day and watch the trailers. It's just filled with fluff for the most part, so better to skip it all.

Advertisement