Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I will not sleep until I've played Fallout Shelter. I don't care how long it takes.

EDIT: Well that didn't take long!

352067.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The Fallout 4 announcement is how you show off a game. You don't show it off at E3 3 years early on a super PC to build hype and then get everyone's hopes up and release a buggy mess with graphics toned down to real world settings.

Instead you work on it for 4 years, leaking as little news as possible. Then you show it off when it's almost ready, with real, raw gameplay footage.

I don't want to be looking at videos of the same game for 3 E3s in a row. So thank you Todd Howard, he was even honest about his feelings of collectors editions.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Lads. I would seriously appreciate if anyone knows of a link where I can watch the full fallout conference? Don't care about anything else really just fallout.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Luke92 wrote: »
    Lads. I would seriously appreciate if anyone knows of a link where I can watch the full fallout conference? Don't care about anything else really just fallout.

Link

Skip to about an hour and 7 mins in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Luke92 wrote: »
    As much as I love Fallout, you should also watch the Doom gameplay. Looks fecking wicked!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see the Special Edition is on Amazon for $119

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I see the Special Edition is on Amazon for $119
    Will probably be the same here so €119. To be honest for a copy of Fallout 4 and the pip-boy alone it will be worth it (they usually throw other things in too though)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant believe its coming out this year :) im so happy i could cry :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I better get moving on The Witcher 3 before this releases.

"Faster Roach"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Definitely a bit more pep in the Monday morning step alright. Not even going to try to explain to the women in the office why, though :rolleyes: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Pac1Man wrote: »
    I better get moving on The Witcher 3 before this releases.

"Faster Roach"

I actually feel bad for CDPR, I wanted them to win GOTY but this will be a serious contender.

Now that's how you announce a game! Bravo Bethesda. Building a house and settlement looks class as well as modding weapons and armour. Just 5 more months (please no delays!)

IGN posted an 'Everything we know' article.

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/fallout-4?utm_campaign=fbposts&utm_source=facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 12,539 ✭✭✭✭Varik

This year is surprising but they aren't ones to be showing up year after year at E3 showing the same game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I AM SO HARD RIGHT NOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

sheehy83 wrote: »

That deathclaw at 26 minutes in :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The game is practically finished! How the hell did they keep it a secret? I absolutely love it when amazing games like this intersect with mu christmas holidays, it happened with Skyrim and Fallout III aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

This is how all reveals should be done. I'm normally into RPGs of all descriptions but the constant drip feeding of Witcher 3 info over what seemed like decades has actually put me off buying the game. Im Witcher'ed out and I don't even own it.
    How great to see Fallout 4 announced and released this year.

Now i really have an incentive to upgrade this creaking 6 year old pc!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Not even going to try to explain to the women in the office why, though :rolleyes: :pac:

:D :pac:

That reddit post wasnt too far off the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

That was fantastic. Due to be finished my PhD on the 30th of October, looking forward to being a dole bum for when this is released.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Saw there was an app, and i was like ugh! Then i saw it, and that's actually pretty cool.

The game itself looks excellent. Love that you actually build your own settlement too. Should make for some interesting base defenses :)

Delighted that it's out this year, as i'm sick to death of games being announced 2+ years before release.

The only thing is I'm uncertain about is the fact that your character talks. Otherwise, wow, this looks in-f*cking-credible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Wow, just watched the whole E3 presentation there. I'm not overly bothered about the phone app, but the game seems like it could be amazing.

Love the settlement building aspect and the back-story. Also love the fact you can alter weapons as you require. Laser Sniper could be legend, or the bat with the blades looked hilarious. Love the look of it - not as dreary as FO3, but not as bright as NV either.

I've only ever been really really hyped for 4 games before: GTA4, New Vegas, Skyrim and GTA5. Think this one tops the lot, so much so I'd nearly consider taking the 11th - 13th off for 5 days pure playing this! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

How's the app?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,578 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ok, I had reservations about the engine, but to be fair it looks like they're really trying their best to tart things up & it looks pretty great for what it is :D

Looks like the UI has been given a much needed tweak too, and I particularly love the real-time updates to the workbenches; I never liked the text-based versions where you couldn't really see the upgrades you were making. This feels much more tactile. Am also liking the mini-minicraft, if there's a robust system behind it could make for interesting adventures; building a little town, growing and defending it. More than ever the main quest is going to seem pretty tame in comparison!

Of course, throughout the videos my main thoughts were "this will be especially awesome once the mods tweak it". I can only imagine various authors are salivating at the chance to put their own spin on things :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I actually feel bad for CDPR, I wanted them to win GOTY but this will be a serious contender.

I don't... Bloodborne already made sure they wouldn't :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

That looked impressive but it's very hard to gauge how well it actually performs when the player was moving so little (drawing it out for trailer reasons). I wanted him to strafe and use melee. Walking around is all good n' dandy for when I'm playing it but it's not exactly hard in terms of development to get a walk animation right. Show me strafing, backdashing, crouching... just damn near anything in terms of strategic combat.

Everything looks generally better, though. Good to see they've gotten the faces somewhat right and lip-sync, too.

That dialogue system looks like pure garbage, however. Not only does the character have a voice but just like certain other games he will likely never say what you select. And how you select them is just... yuck. Made-for-gamepad drivel. I also hope we can stay in first person during the dialogues. I was never a fan of the 3rd person camera and controls since F3.

V.A.T.S is back... for close to no reason other than the legacy of F1/2/T. At least it looks better.

Audience cheers at dog... ugh.

Graphics overall look decent... except for the protagonist. Why's the texture so basic? There's like no detail in it at all... might've well have imported the texture from Microsoft Paint. Surprising since half the trailer was just looking at his arse. Oh well I won't complain as long as it performs well at 60fps and higher.
    inb4 60fps causes physics glitches

Overall way more interested than I was from the terrible reveal. Looks fun.

tok9 wrote: »
    I don't... Bloodborne already made sure they wouldn't :P
    Don't know, it's between the three of them I think. Plus there are so many GOTY awards from different magazines and sites that it's not much anyway.

Also, to the poster above, it was confirmed during the conference that you would be able to do the conversations and dialogue in first person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Fallout 3 heavily modded. Time for another play through.
    FO4 is making me swoon :):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Has there been any announcement / rumours about different PC platforms? Specifically Linux?

Advertisement