Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• This Year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

XCOM2 AND Fallout 4 in november, happy fcukin days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Off to work shortly so won't be able to watch the clip just yet. Will be totally distracted thinking about it all day now! LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Gob smacked like the game I always wanted, pre ordering now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I generally don't bother with collectors editions, but feck me, I REALLY want that Pip-Boy.

While I like the building stuff, and the protecting your settlement idea, what happens if you are in the middle of an important quest, and you get a notification that SofiztikationVille is under attack? Bug out, and fast travel, and defend, or hope your defenses hold, while you pummel Synth-o-Master in submission? Annoyed the **** out of me in San Andreas, can see it annoying me here.

But the Power Armour customisation? I can see that taking up my time. And layered regular clothing/armour? He'll look like I want! Hot diggity!

Does anyone know if the App works on an iPod Touch? It's the only Apple product I have, and to be honest, I'm not even sure where it is, but I'll rip the floorboards up if I have to! The wait to get it on my phone or her Samsung tablet would be crippling.

For the first time in a long time, I've actually gotten giddy, butterflies in stomach, tweenage girl on the same bus as One Direction type excited over a game.

I'm really going to have to beef up my PC. I reckon it'll struggle with Arkham Knight, so I'm guessing this will have it rocking back and forward, on the floor, in the shower, weeping.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

While I like the building stuff, and the protecting your settlement idea, what happens if you are in the middle of an important quest, and you get a notification that SofiztikationVille is under attack? Bug out, and fast travel, and defend, or hope your defenses hold, while you pummel Synth-o-Master in submission? Annoyed the **** out of me in San Andreas, can see it annoying me here.

Just continue on with the mission and hope for the best I guess, you can always rebuild.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭tonedef

Anyone know when/where the collectors edition will be available for pre-order here?
    I see it's on Amazon.com for our American cousins so really hope it's not going to be a region specific thing.....

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, I'm not a fan in any game of 'Your stronghold is under attack, drop what you're doing and get back'. Fine for the first few times but gets boring quick. Saying that, really looking forward to actual building a little cozy apocalyptic home, really wish you could do something similar in The Witcher 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Racket

tonedef wrote: »
    Anyone know when/where the collectors edition will be available for pre-order here?
    I see it's on Amazon.com for our American cousins so really hope it's not going to be a region specific thing.....

It's up on game.co.uk so I guess it'll probably pop up on GameStop as an exclusive for here soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well just pre-ordered the game. Hopefully you can pre-load like what happened with GTA V.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

The pip boy can be used on your real arm when playing the game, going to be ****ing weird explaining that when you accidently bring it to work :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Haven't bought any collector's editions in years (I think Medieval II TW was the last), but you know what....?

treatyoself_main01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Xbox one version will include Fallout 3 and also allow you to use mods developed for PC version.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ What could possibly go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

V.A.T.S is back... for close to no reason other than the legacy of F1/2/T. At least it looks better.
    No, VATS is back because it's an integral part of the Fallout series. We don't want another generic shooter.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The thing about VATS - if you're not some sort of cripple, you will never, ever, ever need to use it, so stop worrying about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

No, VATS is back because it's an integral and optional part of the Fallout series. We don't want another generic shooter.

FYP

No, VATS is back because it's an integral part of the Fallout series. We don't want another generic shooter.

It adds close to nothing to the combat in a meaninful way. The series also has generally terrible shooting mechanics, anyway. Stop-start doesn't help it.

But I can see where players who have terrible aim might appreciate letting the game take over. It's not like it's a real intellectual exercise to pause the game and just tell the game to take the shot instead of you.

Anyway I preferred to use AP for good ole bullet time. I was able to do that thanks to mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I feel like going to buy an ipad for that game lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Love the music in these games! Liking the tune on the kills streak video clip they've made! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

madcabbage wrote: »
    Love the music in these games! Liking the tune on the kills streak video clip they've made! :D

My friend made a YouTube channel dedicated to Fallout music a few years ago and he keeps it updated:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx7mxXUkI8mCcKFF48u4brw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have the Fallout 3 and NV soundtracks on my playlist! Nothing will ever beat the FO3 title track though, I think. That whole intro cinematic was just skin-crawlingly effective.

That's my only complaint with FO4 so far - it's leaning more towards New Vegas and Obsidian/classic FO tone rather than the gritty, despondent tone of Fallout 3's backdrop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Fallout4 looks great, really cannot wait to get this game! Just downloaded the mobile app now so il give that a try.

November cannot come quick enough to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Just watched the video. Damn that combat footage looks good!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Posting in here because its fallout related.

I watched Todd Howards interview with Keighly. I think they were a bit sneaky with the mod support comment in the conference because in actuality its not there at launch. Todd said Pc users get the mod support a few months after launch. Xbox users get it a few months after that. And then ps4 some time in the future.

They made it seem like mod support was at launch which is untrue. Bit sneaky that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I'd expect it would take a few months for great mods to come out for it anyway...

Seeing them mention mods so much is making me nervous. I'm guessing they're planning to monetise it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Seeing them mention mods so much is making me nervous. I'm guessing they're planning to monetise it.
    I can't tell if you're trolling or if you honestly think that way.

• Advertisement

I guess you missed the whole paid mods on steam thing, huh. Anyway, they might make it free but only for PS+ and XBL subscribers. Only way I can see SONY and MC even considering it. Calling it.

Advertisement