Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Vilas wrote: »
    This will be my first Fallout game that I play, never been interested in the other ones. Honestly didn't even know about them till people mentioned Fallout 4. Hope it doesn't disappoint.

Give 3 and new Vegas a shot if you can,they'll keep you busy till November.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Give 3 and new Vegas a shot if you can,they'll keep you busy till November.
    I'd be afraid of burning out. I put over 100 hours into Fallout 3 and all the DLC, and enjoyed every minute of it, but I couldn't bring myself to play New Vegas so soon after. Definitely looking forward to Fallout 4 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Ok, Pipboy edition is sold out on Game.co.uk now

Gamestop still have it here, probably will sell out soon.

You can pre-order it on gamestop.ie, if you select the "collect in store" option you will only have to pay €5 today and the remaining €144.99 at collection on November 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 joey damage

The game is very good but the turbo in the Sierra outside the pub is basically ruined

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Weight of the PipBoy will come in at 2KG.

Source - Somewhere on the internet, can't find it now.

EDIT: Found it. https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/612295418760794112

• Advertisement

Weight of the PipBoy will come in at 2KG.

Source - Somewhere on the internet, can't find it now.

EDIT: Found it. https://twitter.com/DCDeacon/status/612295418760794112

The Pipboy on its own is supposed to weigh 5lbs which is 2.25kg so yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Right well hopefully Game will allow us to cancel our orders with deposits refunded so!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thats 2 bags of sugar on your arm whilst playing, suppose lefty could do with some exercise :D

:cool:
    dreamers75 wrote: »
    Thats 2 bags of sugar on your arm whilst playing, suppose lefty could do with some exercise :D

Nah, 2kg is the weight of the entire package. The Pip Boy won't weight 2kg.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I found that Fallout 3 was great, even for a FPS player like myself, by just playing it as one!
    You can avoid much of the deep meaningful battle commands by just ducking and dodging and taking shots, and has a decent story too.
    Well worth your time tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I found that Fallout 3 was great, even for a FPS player like myself, by just playing it as one!
    You can avoid much of the deep meaningful battle commands by just ducking and dodging and taking shots, and has a decent story too.
    Well worth your time tbh.

If you perked your critical hit chances, be an awful waste of ammo not using Vats.

I mix and match FPS when its an uneven fight and im godlike, VATS when its a supermutant or death claw...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I think I need to go get me Fallout 3 and New Vegas again. Where's the cheapest place to pick up either of the fancypants editions for PS3?

25 quid plus seems steep considering.

I think I need to go get me Fallout 3 and New Vegas again. Where's the cheapest place to pick up either of the fancypants editions for PS3?

Amazon UK has them.

£14 for New Vegas

£14 for Fallout 3 aswell.

Check your local gamestop aswell for pre-owned copies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I want to do the same but I'm afraid of the sate of the games on the PS3 with bugs and crashes and memory leaks with save files. Played them on the 360 on release and they ran fine but don't have a 360 anymore. I could play it on my laptop but I'd rather the big screen. I was hoping for a HD remaster with all the DLC for the PS4 but what can ya do.

I want to do the same but I'm afraid of the sate of the games on the PS3 with bugs and crashes. Played them on the 360 on release and they ran fine but don't have a 360 anymore. I could play it on my laptop but I'd rather the big screen.

Same problem. I had the base games on Xbox, but I've moved over to PS3 now. I know open world games love to go mental on PS3, but shur, with Fallout it's half the fun. Flying skeletons hurricanes! Headless NPCS! Hovering enemies!

When I had them originally on PS3, they were fine. I never really ran into many problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Wing126 wrote: »
    When I had them originally on PS3, they were fine. I never really ran into many problems.

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

The ones I keep reading of the most is when your save file goes above a certain size it corrupts or fails to load. And if you play more than a few hours straight the game will tend to crash or hang on loading a new area unless you save and then turn off the console to clear the RAM and then start it back up again.

The ones I keep reading of the most is when your save file goes above a certain size it corrupts or fails to load. And if you play more than a few hours straight the game will tend to crash or hang on loading a new area unless you save and then turn off the console to clear the RAM and then start it back up again.

Yeah, the impression I get is that you'll have more problems the more stuff you have for the PS3 to worry about. I play in short bursts, but I like a bit of exploration and completionism, so it's something that's on my mind for sure.

I'd recommend playing them on PC if you can then. There's some tools you can get to use a PS3 controller on the PC. Plus they're on sale right now on Steam!

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    I'd recommend playing them on PC if you can then. There's some tools you can get to use a PS3 controller on the PC. Plus they're on sale right now on Steam!

Playing Fallout 3 on PC right now with 52 active mods :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I played both 3 and New Vegas + DLC's on the xbox with no problems only game I had a problem was Skyrim, my save glitched and couldn't be bothered to go back to a really old save and play again. I had killed the dragon on top of the mountain as well.

edit: I think it was on top of the mountain, I'm trying to remember. I'm pretty sure it was on top of the mountain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Playing Fallout 3 on PC right now with 52 active mods :cool: :pac:

Do you have to add one mod at a time to make sure they work together or are they all compatible?

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Do you have to add one mod at a time to make sure they work together or are they all compatible?

I just started off with this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/2cywjl/ultimate_fallout_3_graphical_overhaul_mod_list/

then added some of my own through Nexus Mod manager too.

Using loot as mentioned in the reddit comments to load them in the right order.

This is my favourite:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/2396/?

As I've already played it a few times before. I can just mess around and have some fun with this playthrough :D

Fakman87 wrote: »

Well for one, all mods are definitely not compatible. Some will use the same in game assets and stuff like that, so they'd conflict.

Nexusmods is the best place to get mods for almost any game, the mod developers usually detail what their mod changes and edits, so you'd need to check mods yourself to make sure they're all compatible.

Check this - http://www.reddit.com/r/FalloutMods/wiki/index for a tutorial on how to begin!!

edit: I think it was on top of the mountain, I'm trying to remember. I'm pretty sure it was on top of the mountain.

The bloody Meridia's Light glitch left me hovering in the sky forever and I ragequit permanently. :(

But yeah, sadly PC isn't an option for me, my laptop has less muscle than a Pipboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Wing126 wrote:

I had one amazing glitch where when I killed someone, their body fell but the skin of the face just stayed there, floating.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Preordered the pip boy edition in the devil GameStop, its been years since I stepped foot in the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone have any inkling notion what requirements might be needed to run fallout 4? In the process of building a pc and would like to play it on one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

As tempted as I am to reinstall Fallout 3 after all this time, I'm not sure I could be bothered to install the GFWL client, download the game, run the patches etc that remove GFWL and then run the risk of it not working on my PC.

Advertisement