Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

fixxxer wrote: »
    I had one amazing glitch where when I killed someone, their body fell but the skin of the face just stayed there, floating.

:eek:

That sounds horrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone have any inkling notion what requirements might be needed to run fallout 4? In the process of building a pc and would like to play it on one.

It'll be handy enough to run, no where near the scope of The Witcher/GTAV imo, its not going to be close to graphically intensive as they are
    As tempted as I am to reinstall Fallout 3 after all this time, I'm not sure I could be bothered to install the GFWL client, download the game, run the patches etc that remove GFWL and then run the risk of it not working on my PC.

Wasn't GFWL removed from Steam games when it died there a few years ago. I know Dark Souls used to, but doesn't need it anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Not necessarily Fallout 4 related but is New Vegas worth a go. I think i have it in my steam library. Is there any must have mods to install on it or anything? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,398 ✭✭✭✭noodler

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Not necessarily Fallout 4 related but is New Vegas worth a go. I think i have it in my steam library. Is there any must have mods to install on it or anything? Thanks

It's brilliant.

In the minority in feeling it was better than FO3 but I found it more interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Wasn't GFWL removed from Steam games when it died there a few years ago. I know Dark Souls used to, but doesn't need it anymore
    My copy was a retail copy that was redeemed on GFWL all those years ago.
    To play it I would have to do as I outlined above

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

It'll be handy enough to run, no where near the scope of The Witcher/GTAV imo, its not going to be close to graphically intensive as they are

4th gen i5, GT860M and 12Gb Ram?

Bit out of the loop regarding PC Games.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 whiteramekin

As tempted as I am to reinstall Fallout 3 after all this time, I'm not sure I could be bothered to install the GFWL client, download the game, run the patches etc that remove GFWL and then run the risk of it not working on my PC.

i just did all this.
    gfwl took about 15 seconds to download and install
    the remove gfwl patch took a little longer

i remembred it being a lot more complicated but it genuinely was this simple and quick.

granted im still going to spend the next four days downloading and installing mods until I hit a setup i'm happy with but at least this part of it went smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Mycroft H wrote: »
    4th gen i5, GT860M and 12Gb Ram?

Bit out of the loop regarding PC Games.

I'm only guessing but on that I'd say you're 100% based on estimated requirements

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

:eek:

That sounds horrifying.

Gaze ye upon true horror

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

So i dug out my fallout 3 GOTY edition discs and tried to install.
    Instantly prompted about compatability issues with windows 8.1.

Googled some guides but they seem to be outdated.
    Anyone successfully installed the GOTY version from disc on win 8.1?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just use the key to download it from steam. Unless internet is an issue.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just use the key to download it from steam. Unless internet is an issue.

The key is a windows live key, steam isnt accepting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Dcully wrote: »
    The key is a windows live key, steam isnt accepting it.

Try contact customer support. GFWL was dropped on these games but they might be able to give you it digitally if they can verify the key. if not... get the eye patch out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I was able to download on steam long after GFWL was killed by MS, using the MS key... Only thing I lost was the add on's for FO3 but thanks to the steam sale I got the GOTY version for buttons with all packs installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Ive a question about the release date, will it be november 10th in ireland or at the weekend after it?

Planning some days off so want to make sure ive the right ones booked!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ive a question about the release date, will it be november 10th in ireland or at the weekend after it?

Planning some days off so want to make sure ive the right ones booked!

November 10th world wide, which is a Tuesday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Only 141 days to go! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

November 10th world wide, which is a Tuesday I think.

Yep it is, just wasnt sure if there would be a few days late here. Il take the week off so!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Tuesday is such an awful day to release a game from the buyer's POV

I want to take a stretch of days of work to play this so would have preferred Thurs/Fri to make a long weekend out of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

x43r0 wrote: »
    I want to take a stretch of days of work to play this so would have preferred Thurs/Fri to make a long weekend out of it
    There no reason you can't still do that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

There no reason you can't still do that though.

4 days off is a bit much for me though.

I'll prob take 2 and make a 4-day weekend out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Thargor wrote: »
    Only 141 days to go! :)

for any of you mentat addicts, that means only 8 sleeps till FO4!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rikimaru

Dair76 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's how I'm doing it. But when I go back into the order details, it still lists my normal home address as the delivery address.

Yeah, will drop them a mail tomorrow.

Have you or anyone else trying to change a GAME UK delivery address had any luck with this?

I can't change mine through the website so I fired off a message to their Customer Support but I've heard nothing at all back from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭LandonRicketts

There customer support is the not the best. It would be nearly quicker to contact them via their twitter page @GAMEHelps. You will probably get a quicker reply

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

They take about 3 days to reply to an email. Message them on facebook or twitter for a quicker reply time.

I emailed Gamestop this post from Bethesda - http://bethsoft.com/en-us/news/fallout-4-arriving-november-10-2015-worldwide

Where it lists the pip boy edition as a retail price of 129.99 for Europe. Curious as to how they'll reply.

Edit: I actually received an email immediately! Customer service said they'll pass on the price discrepancy to their sales team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Wing126 wrote: »
    Edit: I actually received an email immediately! Customer service said they'll pass on the price discrepancy to their sales team.

Fair play for doing that. Pre-ordered it from them myself- glad they don't charge until dispatch and the express post is free. Game aren't sure if they'll deliver to Ireland and it costs me ten euro to get to my nearest Parcel Motel locker.
    x43r0 wrote: »
    I'll prob take 2 and make a 4-day weekend out of it
    Sorry, that's what I meant. With Rise Of The Tomb Raider and Star Wars Battlefront, it's going to be an awesome and expensive week of gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Yeah, it weighs 2.25 kilos so it might not be shipped from Game. But they will refund the depoist if your order is cancelled because of it's weight!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Game aren't sure if they'll deliver to Ireland and it costs me ten euro to get to my nearest Parcel Motel locker.

There is an alternative to Parcel Motel. It's Fastway's own version of it called ParcelConnect.

Very same system as Parcel Motel but they'll drop it to a local shop that's signed up to their service as opposed to a parcel motel. My nearest parcel motel is a 40 min drive away but my nearest connect is right across the road a whole 30 second walk to my nearest centra! :P

It's €4.50, 55cent dearer than PM but probably worth it in most cases.

You can see a map of places here: https://www.parcelconnect.ie/map

Website here: https://www.parcelconnect.ie/collect

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Still with PM you can collect anytime you like 24hrs. With PC you are still limited to shop opening hours which don't suit people as it is which in turn is why PM being 24hrs is their selling point. 90% of the time I get to my nearest PM locker that is just across the road is between 10pm and 2am with my working and commute hours.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Still with PM you can collect anytime you like 24hrs. With PC you are still limited to shop opening hours which don't suit people as it is which in turn is why PM being 24hrs is their selling point. 90% of the time I get to my nearest PM locker that is just across the road is between 10pm and 2am with my working and commute hours.

Yeah it's up to whatever suits the individual but it is another great option I think people should be informed of.

My PM delivery is usually somewhere between 2am-5am. That could be very dangerous for me with the temptation of going to get it in the middle of the night if I receive that text! :eek:

Pre-loading it digitally might help a little tho :o

Advertisement