Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I always get my texts between 11pm and 1am. Alot of times I just stroll down, if it bad out I just say feck it and pick it up the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I just bought my Pip Boy edition from gamestop.ie

Expensive, but just couldn't resist!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wow, there's even people on our very own Adverts.ie trying to sell the Pipboy edition for €500+, shame on them....

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_fallout/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wow, there's even people on our very own Adverts.ie trying to sell the Pipboy edition for €500+, shame on them....

http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_fallout/

Scumbags

An item is only worth what people are willing to pay for it in an open economy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

An item is only worth what people are willing to pay for it in an open economy.

Yeah but people like this are buying it purely for the purpose of scalping it

It's not as if they're selling a product they owned but have no use for anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Honestly, that guy deserves the 500 if any fool is willing to part with it.

Still, Scalpers are the bane of my collector's life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ITT, people upset at free market economics.

That said, 500 quid? Havin' a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ITT, people upset at free market economics.

That said, 500 quid? Havin' a laugh.

Scalping is not the free market. Buying something with the sole purpose of selling it on and not using it is actually antithetical with the idea of free market. Thats a closed market because there is limited numbers of said item. IF there were infinite pip boys being produced it would be one thing. But there arent. Like tickets to a concert, there are only so many available.

So again, dont confuse a free market with scalping. They arent the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Scalping is just a word. Buying things and selling them in another geographical area or at time when the item is scarce, all for profit, is market economics 101. The free market isn't a perfect system. You're free to buy and sell things at any price you wish most of the time (exceptions of course). You can say these guys are scumbags but all they're really doing is riding a system that is flawed in this way(although they probably are scumbags anyway). It's hard to feel too bad for the buyers anyway if they're willing to shell out 500 feckin' quid for a piece of plastic to cover their smart phone. These kinds of people are gonna get ripped off one way or the other. The way these sellers see it... they might as well have that money than someone else. You don't have to like it but there's worse things you can do in business and to consumers. Take a look at ISPs if you want an example of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

I just bought my Pip Boy edition from gamestop.ie

Expensive, but just couldn't resist!!!!!

id actually pre order that but its out of stock :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

It's okay, there's a guy selling one on Adverts…

Bethesda have said they are releasing more Pip Boy editions in the US and Canada to help meet demand. They also plan on another production run for Europe and will announce when the European run will be released for pre-order.

Amazon.ca is due to get some in shortly, some time this week.
    http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ZOI6A4I/ref=s9_pop_gw_g63_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=13VR7N6Z03DG3FG4QWYC&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2055626762&pf_rd_i=desktop

Hard Luck dude,

But I promise you, more will be available soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Unfortunately I missed out too. Herself was going to get me this as it's my birthday in November but the pip boy edition is all sold out now. She even called game stop last week and they wouldn't let her pre order at that stage. Guess its the standard edition unless I get lucky and that limited 2nd run comes to Europe and I'm quick enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Dair76 wrote: »
    Yeah, that's how I'm doing it. But when I go back into the order details, it still lists my normal home address as the delivery address.

Yeah, will drop them a mail tomorrow.

So no reply to that email, surprise surprise. And I'm waiting about twenty minutes to talk to someone on "Live Chat" despite it saying they have agents available.... :rolleyes: Has anyone any recent experience dealing with GAME online?

Yeah, their customer service is awful.

I had better luck messaging them on facebook and twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Might have been mentioned already , but anyone looking for a fallout fix on xbox 360 can get new vegas for €5.99 on this weeks deals with gold.

So no reply to that email, surprise surprise. And I'm waiting about twenty minutes to talk to someone on "Live Chat" despite it saying they have agents available.... :rolleyes: Has anyone any recent experience dealing with GAME online?

I actually found GAME okay, one time I ordered Red Alert 3, the disc they sent me was scratched to pieces. So they sent me out a replacement and the add-on Dlc 'uprising' free. :)

I eventually got chatting with a CS rep who told me that she couldn't change my delivery address. Instead, she'd have a member of their sales team contact me by phone, in "a few days time".

Riiiight.

• Advertisement

I eventually got chatting with a CS rep who told me that she couldn't change my delivery address. Instead, she'd have a member of their sales team contact me by phone, in "a few days time".

Riiiight.

Can't change delivery address? Whaaaaaat. Why the **** not!? :confused:

They even say on their own site to contact them if needs be.

"Please be aware that amending your personal details (payment cards / addresses) will not automatically update any existing preorders you have outstanding. Please contact customer services who will be able to update any preorders for you - https://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Contact-Us"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Might have been mentioned already , but anyone looking for a fallout fix on xbox 360 can get new vegas for €5.99 on this weeks deals with gold.

I got fallout 3 and fallout nv for €3 each when Tests when selling of all their games so I reckon I'll start playing one of them after I finish wolfenstein tonight. Fallout 3 is about a little kid hanging out in a bunker, right?

Fallout 3 is about a little kid hanging out in a bunker, right?

That's how it starts. When you're leaving the bunker near the start of the game you're fully grown.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Can't change delivery address? Whaaaaaat. Why the **** not!? :confused:

They even say on their own site to contact them if needs be.

"Please be aware that amending your personal details (payment cards / addresses) will not automatically update any existing preorders you have outstanding. Please contact customer services who will be able to update any preorders for you - https://www.game.co.uk/en/info/Contact-Us"

I know, I'm putting it down to incompetence on the CSA's part. If Gamestop do get more stock, I'll cancel with GAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

There taking forever to get back to me even on Facebook. Tempted to cancel *if I can* and get it on Amazon slightly cheaper to.

Funny just checked Amazon again there gone again! Ha where some there early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rikimaru

Apparently the issue with GAME is that they sent out some sort of code to the preorder customers so now part of our orders is marked as "shipped". And they can't change address on partially shipped orders even if the "shipped" part is digital.

Some people have had some success with the Twitter help, but they're back logged since they need the sales team to change the address, and they're busy taking everyone's deposit for the preorders.

Why the CS guys can't do I don't know. Hell, apparently most of the CS guys are under the impression that it can't be done.

Bit of a mess, but I'm hopeful my preorder elsewhere will be confirmed and I can just cancel the GAME order.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Need a fallout fix

*rocks back and forth*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dunno what to do about my pre order bloody game will not get back to me been bout 3 or 4 days now. Facebook messaged them to.

Dunno what to do about my pre order bloody game will not get back to me been bout 3 or 4 days now. Facebook messaged them to.

Same here.

Does anyone know if the "out of stock" on the GameStop website applies to their high street stores as well? If not, I might try ringing a few of my local ones, and then just cancel my GAME preorder.

• Advertisement

I don't think they do, but you can pre-order online and collect in-store, so I'd imagine the high street's are sold out aswell.

Advertisement