Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

madcabbage wrote: »

Yup and they made sure to state "because you were FIRST to do it" to make sure they don't get flooded with boxes of bottle caps :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Yup and they made sure to state "because you were FIRST to do it" to make sure they don't get flooded with boxes of bottle caps :pac:

They still will :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

I can't see it mentioned here but the list of phones compatible with the pip-boy was released a few days ago. iPhone 6, iPhone 5/5s, iPhone 4/4S, Samsung Galaxy 5, and Samsung Galaxy 4. Mine's way too big to fit- story of my life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

I think I have a pipboy preordered. Gamestop rang me to say they have a limited amount and did I want one. Once I said yes, they would put the order through the next day when the stock became available. I've been too scared to check with them to see if I definitely got one :-/

I can't see it mentioned here but the list of phones compatible with the pip-boy was released a few days ago. iPhone 6, iPhone 5/5s, iPhone 4/4S, Samsung Galaxy 5, and Samsung Galaxy 4. Mine's way too big to fit- story of my life.

I should be good to go so. Nexus 5 :)

What phone have you got that's too big?

Bethesda themselves are going to start playing Fallout 3 and streaming it live on twitch in about 10 mins time:

http://www.twitch.tv/bethesda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

There's quite a lot of phones bigger than the Iphone 6.

HTC One M9, One Plus One, Galaxy S6, Nexus 6, Xperia Z3 etc.

An Iphone 6 is 138x67 mm.

I've a Galaxy Note 3 purely for drawing on the go. Guess I have to convince myself that the Pipboy is a cool gimmick and that I can't honestly see myself playing with it on my arm. I still want it though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Has anyone heard if getting the PipBoy edition of the game will give any unique content such as armour or whatever?

I've a Galaxy Note 3 purely for drawing on the go. Guess I have to convince myself that the Pipboy is a cool gimmick and that I can't honestly see myself playing with it on my arm. I still want it though.

That's a phablet ffs. You probably knew already that it would be too big :P

I was in denial. Just got all the achievements in Fallout 3 tonight. Restarted when the trailer came out three weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

fixxxer wrote: »
    I think I have a pipboy preordered. Gamestop rang me to say they have a limited amount and did I want one. Once I said yes, they would put the order through the next day when the stock became available. I've been too scared to check with them to see if I definitely got one :-/

Ya same with me also. Was in this week getting Arkham Knight and they confirmed it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

I was in denial. Just got all the achievements in Fallout 3 tonight. Restarted when the trailer came out three weeks ago.

You completed the game 100% in 3 weeks???!!!

Fakman87 wrote: »
    You completed the game 100% in 3 weeks???!!!

There's still a lot of side quests I didn't do but I did the 72 achievements including DLCs and ended with thousands of each bullet type, 20000 bottle caps, a nuka cola machine full with over 250 bottles. Only used a walkthrough for finding ingots, behemoths and bobbleheads but I robbed everything and used a companion as a walking locker. Started Fallout New Vegas for the first time on hardcore mode tonight, and looking forward to starting Skyrim in a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

There's still a lot of side quests I didn't do but I did the 72 achievements including DLCs and ended with thousands of each bullet type, 20000 bottle caps, a nuka cola machine full with over 250 bottles. Only used a walkthrough for finding ingots, behemoths and bobbleheads but I robbed everything and used a companion as a walking locker. Started Fallout New Vegas for the first time on hardcore mode tonight, and looking forward to starting Skyrim in a month.

I opened an old fallout 3 save and quit it after 5 minutes, the shooting mechanics are quite bad. It took two minigun clips to kill one super mutant roughly 20 feet away because the bullets were spraying everywhere except where I wanted.

Really looking forward to fallout 4, the shooting looks to be much improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I opened an old fallout 3 save and quit it after 5 minutes, the shooting mechanics are quite bad. It took two minigun clips to kill one super mutant roughly 20 feet away because the bullets were spraying everywhere except where I wanted.

Really looking forward to fallout 4, the shooting looks to be much improved.

The Minigun is an awful gun in general though. You're better off using Vengeance or a Heavy Incinerator if you're going down the big guns route

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

I went into my local branch today (well, one of them :pac:) and asked about the rumoured next batch. The girl said they hadn't any confirmation, but would be surprised if they didn't get new stock. So she took a deposit off me for the standard edition, and said that if/when the collector's edition returns, she'll call me and transfer the deposit over to the CE. If they don't come back into stock, she told me I can cancel the pre-order for the standard edition if I want. Just wish GAME would get their shit together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Dair76 wrote: »
    I went into my local branch today (well, one of them :pac:) and asked about the rumoured next batch. The girl said they hadn't any confirmation, but would be surprised if they didn't get new stock. So she took a deposit off me for the standard edition, and said that if/when the collector's edition returns, she'll call me and transfer the deposit over to the CE. If they don't come back into stock, she told me I can cancel the pre-order for the standard edition if I want. Just wish GAME would get their shit together.

Just seems to be luck of the draw, got mine on gamestop online and another poster heard said they were sold out very shortly after. Sucks :( but I'd be flabbergasted if they didn't get more in, it's win win for Bethesda and retailers. It's literally "shut up and take my money"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just seems to be luck of the draw, got mine on gamestop online and another poster heard said they were sold out very shortly after. Sucks :( but I'd be flabbergasted if they didn't get more in, it's win win for Bethesda and retailers. It's literally "shut up and take my money"

It's basically a license to print money for bethesda. There is clearly huge demand for it, they'd be daft not to capitalise on it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has anyone heard if getting the PipBoy edition of the game will give any unique content such as armour or whatever?

I sure as hell hope not :-|

I sure as hell hope not :-|

LOL

I just want the game. The PipBoy itself doesn't really appeal to me. That being said, if some PipBoyer gets something extra, I'll raise hell! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I doubt they'd get anything extra that's note worthy that can't otherwise be modded in later. Remember the NV pre order bonuses? Quite weak.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

LOL

I just want the game. The PipBoy itself doesn't really appeal to me. That being said, if some PipBoyer gets something extra, I'll raise hell! :D

Same here :D, No interest in it myself, wouldn't be fair if they got extra in game stuff -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Same here , No interest in it myself, wouldn't be fair if they got extra in game stuff -_-

Getting extra stuff is fairly common now with enhanced editions. The plebs are given the chance to pay for it if the want as dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Wing126 wrote: »
    There's quite a lot of phones bigger than the Iphone 6.

HTC One M9, One Plus One, Galaxy S6, Nexus 6, Xperia Z3 etc.

An Iphone 6 is 138x67 mm.

So the m9 won't fit with the pip boy!!??

Ffs now what.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

The Pip Boy will come with pre-cut foam inserts for the phones listed in the press release, but afaik they're also including inserts that you can cut to size yourself for regular sized models not listed. Of course there has to be a cut-off point somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Why not list the phone models when your buying ffs.

• Advertisement

Getting extra stuff is fairly common now with enhanced editions. The plebs are given the chance to pay for it if the want as dlc.

Plebs?! *runs of bawling*

Advertisement