Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Want!

ZPxly3w.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

It's a bit too shiny. At least in that picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Adyx wrote: »
    It's a bit too shiny. At least in that picture.

Yep, I think it needs to look like it's been in the wars not bright and new.

Tell you what, Anyone can send me one and i'll give it that 'used' look for free in no time at all!

OK so the chances are (about 100%) I'll use it to complete the game but you get it back looking more authentic! and err used... Win-win right? :D

Ok maybe not.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep, I think it needs to look like it's been in the wars not bright and new.

Tell you what, Anyone can send me one and i'll give it that 'used' look for free in no time at all!

OK so the chances are (about 100%) I'll use it to complete the game but you get it back looking more authentic! and err used... Win-win right? :D

Ok maybe not.

Fallout 4 is set about 200 years after the war so to really give it that authentic used look a couple of months isn't going to cut it. I would also like to offer my services of making someone's pip boy look more authentic by holding on to it for a few hundred years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

How long before 3D printed knock off versions are doing the rounds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone have any luck with changing their shipping address with Game Uk yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Wing126 wrote: »
    Anyone have any luck with changing their shipping address with Game Uk yet?

Worked for me. Went into the order and there was an option in there

matrim wrote: »

Ah sound. Other's made it sound like it was difficult.

matrim wrote: »
    Wing126 wrote: »
    Ah sound. Other's made it sound like it was difficult.

The option was there for me too. But when I change it, and go back in to check the order, the delivery address isn't the new one I entered.

I finally got a response from GAME on Facebook, and their advice was to cancel the order and replace it with my new address. Um, no. They said my only other option was to wait for the "payments team" to contact me, as only they can change the address for me now. Ridiculous. I really hope GameStop get more in so I can cancel this GAME order.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rikimaru

Someone on the GAME Twitter help said they'd changed the address for me but it still shows the original address. They did tell me that if it hadn't changed in 24 hours to get back to them and they'd get the payments team to change it.

Seems like the payments team are the only ones that can do it I'd say. At least, I hope they can do it. If they can't change it either then we may be ****ed.

• Advertisement

Anyone get back to you Rikimaru?

I joined the GAME-run Facebook group for people who pre-ordered the game, thinking I might get an answer there regarding the change of address thing. But no, my question (which was reasonably and politely put) wasn't approved after moderation, and similar questions posed in the other posts are deleted by the group's admin. Poor form.

I'm expecting a phone call from one of the payments team today.

The guys on the Twitter GAMEHelps account have told several people that the payments team can make the change, but at this stage I wouldn't be surprised if they can't help me either.

But I'll post again after I get the phone call.

Still no call from the payments team, but I did get an email in response to my original email from nearly two weeks ago telling me that they can't ship to Ireland, can't change the address and will cancel my order some time closer to the release date.

Not sure what this means - could be someone finally getting around to my email answering it with no knowledge of the arrangements I made with their support team through Twitter so I'm still waiting to see if there's a call from the payments team. But it could also be that the payments team got to the request to call me and instead arranged for an email telling me I'm screwed.

Interestingly, the email did say they were getting new stock and to watch the website so I could re-order with a UK address. The product page now also has a warning about not shipping outside the UK and a warning that it's one order per customer. If I reorder, I bet the next thing would be them cancelling the new order because I already have an order with them even though they said themselves the first order is no good.

This whole GAME customer service thing seems like one massive case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Think it might be time for a separate Fallout 4 preorders/payment/customer service thread? This is just boring now, nobody cares.

Jesus. GAME's support is truly horrendous.

Have you tried actually ringing them yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Thargor wrote: »
    Think it might be time for a separate Fallout 4 preorders/payment/customer service thread? This is just boring now, nobody cares.

Pretty sure for those who are having trouble, they care.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Thargor wrote: »
    Is there something else to be said about the game yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Pretty sure for those who are having trouble, they care.

So they can have a separate thread where they can all care together.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

and can we do something about the fallout 4 pre order master race comments too?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Well there is no more news about the game since E3 and there probably won't be much if any at Gamescom in Germany. If people were not talking about pre-orders then it would be just going back over Fallout 3 as there is nothing to go on right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Well there is no more news about the game since E3 and there probably won't be much if any at Gamescom in Germany. If people were not talking about pre-orders then it would be just going back over Fallout 3 as there is nothing to go on right now.

Time to unfollow the thread, so! :)

Much as I'm sure people are annoyed about their preorders, and I sympathise, it's just annoying seeing updates and it's nothing to do with the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

So they can have a separate thread where they can all care together.

No point, no real game news yet, just people sorting out there pre orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

strelok wrote:
    and can we do something about the fallout 4 pre order master race comments too?

Was that me? Only meant it as a joke. I usually miss out on the really good preorders. I am usually the standard edition pleb.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah don't see any need to separate threads yet, the game's still a few months off so it's not like there's going to be much substantial discussion yet. If it persists - which I can't imagine it will - when the game is closer to launch then maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

You can now digitally pre-order this on XB1 for anyone interested.

The size of the Pip Boy's phone cavity (so without any foam) is 141.2mm x 71.6mm x 10.2mm. So I guess that's your maximum supported phone size.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Game mentioned in an email to me today they won't deliver to a PO box address.

Does this include parcel motel? I asked them anyway should get an answer next month.......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Does this include parcel motel? I asked them anyway should get an answer next month.......

Parcel Motel is not a PO box. It is a address that is just a bit longer as it has your unique Parcel motel number.

They mentioned to me that they won't send to Ireland at all aswell, and that to change my address, I MUST cancel my order and re-order.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    You can now digitally pre-order this on XB1 for anyone interested.

Includes a code for fallout 3 for a limited time I believe. can you cancel a digital pre-order on the One and do they take the money right away, I suspect they do?

Interestingly UK folks are up in arms over the pricing on the One's store US is 59.99 EU is 69.99 and UK is 59.99 pounds sterling :eek:

Edit: Hmmmm according to the xbox support page you can indeed cancel and they do take payment right away, but they also say on the preorder page for Fallout 4 that the codes will be sent out 7-10 days after the pre-order. Might be worth a try I suppose :)

Advertisement