Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Game mentioned in an email to me today they won't deliver to a PO box address.

Does this include parcel motel? I asked them anyway should get an answer next month.......
    Parcel Motel is not a PO box. It is a address that is just a bit longer as it has your unique Parcel motel number.

Yeah the reason a lot of places don't allow P.O boxes is due to their being nobody to sign for the item.

With Parcel Motel, they do sign for items so it's not a problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

The Pip Boy edition is supposed to be back up for pre-order on GAME sometime this morning. As it happens, it's up on GameStop's site right now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dair76 wrote: »
    The Pip Boy edition is supposed to be back up for pre-order on GAME sometime this morning. As it happens, it's up on GameStop's site right now.

Gone already lol

I'd be weary about pre ordering a collectors edition from GameStop anyway, didnt they **** people over with the GTA collectors edition? Didn't have enough stock or something ?

I'd be weary about pre ordering a collectors edition from GameStop anyway, did they **** people over with the GTA collectors edition? Didn't have enough stock or something ?

Didn't hear that, but I wouldn't be surprised!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

Pip-Boy Edition for sale on gamestop online only at the moment. They will probably be gone soon though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Gone already lol

I'd be weary about pre ordering a collectors edition from GameStop anyway, didnt they **** people over with the GTA collectors edition? Didn't have enough stock or something ?

Probably selling them like airline tickets. Airline companies always oversell their flights because they know a certain percentage are going to cancel. Maybe GameStop are doing the same thing hoping that a certain percentage that order are suddenly going to think 'Wait a minute, I'm full grown ass man. What am I doing with my life?!?!' and cancel their orders for a bit of plastic that they can stick their phone into.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Gone already lol

That did indeed happen with GTA. I had the regular edition pre-ordered and upgraded to the collector's edition at the till, so someone missed out on theirs. I can guarantee the same thing will happen with Fallout if you don't order it online, and miss the midnight launch. Pre-orders aren't worth the paper they're printed on with GS.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

So i went and pre ordered from gamestop for the pipboy edition.

Went to cancel the order from game but there site is down at the minute always something :pac:.

Wonder if you cancel will you get the 25 euro deposit back?

Also seeing people saying they had issues with gamestop for pre orders?
    I have an order from both sites now which am i better off sticking with?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

on the game site since 8:45 and just got my order in there......ahhhhhhh finally

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

So i went and pre ordered from gamestop for the pipboy edition.

Went to cancel the order from game but there site is down at the minute always something :pac:.

Wonder if you cancel will you get the 25 euro deposit back?

Also seeing people saying they had issues with gamestop for pre orders?
    I have an order from both sites now which am i better off sticking with?

Game won't ship to Ireland at all. They'll cancel the order closer to the release date and you will get your deposit back.

I haven't heard of any problems about gamestop bar the 20 euro gamestop tax.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    Game won't ship to Ireland at all. They'll cancel the order closer to the release date and you will get your deposit back.

I haven't heard of any problems about gamestop bar the 20 euro gamestop tax.

How Soon Is Now is using Parcel Motel I think. That will be fine for delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

I ordered through gamestop online for home delivery at 10:46 this morning and have confirm mails too, most pleased now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rikimaru

I cancelled my order at GAME with the help of their Twitter Help staff and got a confirmed order at Gamestop this morning too.

Now I can relax and go back to playing Fallout Shelter. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Oh yeah, reminds me. Fallout shelter should be out next month on Android.

I got a loan of my nieces iPad to play Fallout Shelter. Got bored of it fairly quick tbh. Haven't even touched the iPad in the past week. I should really give it back to her :rolleyes:

Yeah, its a fun little distraction for a while but there isn't much depth to it at all.

I'm still enjoying it though.

Soooo, are any of you active on the GAME Facebook page for this?

Soooo, are any of you active on the GAME Facebook page for this?

Not really active but I did post a couple of times here and there.

It's a bit too active & all over the place with the crappy facebook group layout.

Looks kind of fun tho with the fallout theme chat, but shame about the layout!

Okay, so it's still there then? Because I've been kicked out of it! :pac:

Okay, so it's still there then? Because I've been kicked out of it! :pac:

haha what you do? Ask about your pre-order too much or something?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/993350384039218/ link to it but if you're blocked from it, you won't be able to see it. If you're only kicked out & not blocked you should.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    haha what you do? Ask about your pre-order too much or something?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/993350384039218/ link to it but if you're blocked from it, you won't be able to see it. If you're only kicked out & not blocked you should.

I've been blocked so - "This content is currently unavailable".

The only thing I've done was ask (once) why they've decided against shipping the PBE to mail forwarding services (like Parcel Motel)? It's in their new FAQ about the Pip Boy edition. My question was very polite, and pointed out that I've used Parcel Motel to buy from them before. Cowardly *****.

You can still pre-order pipboy edition for all platforms on gamestop.ie for delivery only.

Is this the over order taking people are talking about? Seems ok...

http://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?platform=&rootGenre=&age=&listSkus=246946,247053,246906

The problem is, I do have it ordered at GAME but I don't know if they'll fulfill it now. They've no reason not to as PM sign for it when it reaches them, but I'm more annoyed about being blocked for politely asking a question.

Suppose I could order again on GameStop. Cheers.

Also it's good to note, Gamestop now have an Amazon style approach to charging. They don't charge you until the item is being dispatched.

"Please note that for pre-orders purchased via MasterCard, VISA or PayPal we now take payment at time of shipping so please ensure you have funds available in advance of the release of the game."

The problem is, I do have it ordered at GAME but I don't know if they'll fulfill it now. They've no reason not to as PM sign for it when it reaches them, but I'm more annoyed about being blocked for politely asking a question.

Suppose I could order again on GameStop. Cheers.

Well I have it pre-ordered to being sent to Parcel Motel and I'm 99.9% confident it will go through without any problems.

I've been blocked so - "This content is currently unavailable".

The only thing I've done was ask (once) why they've decided against shipping the PBE to mail forwarding services (like Parcel Motel)? It's in their new FAQ about the Pip Boy edition. My question was very polite, and pointed out that I've used Parcel Motel to buy from them before. Cowardly *****.

They had a post today saying that any questions not covered by the PipBoy FAQ on the store page should be sent to the admins at Fallout4 @ game.co.uk instead of posting them to the Facebook page.

Why they couldn't have made this clear to people instead of deleting posts and banning people is beyond me. There's so many pointless posts to that page they can't be surprised when posts about how to ask questions get missed.

Yeah, I fired off an email to that address yesterday asking why I was blocked. Not expecting a response!

Rikimaru wrote: »
    They had a post today saying that any questions not covered by the PipBoy FAQ on the store page

Have you got a link to the FAQ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Canceled my game order other day got email off them today saying they won't ship internationally cause the weight.

So hopefully it sends threw parcel motel for everyone else!

• Advertisement

Canceled my game order other day got email off them today saying they won't ship internationally cause the weight.

So hopefully it sends threw parcel motel for everyone else!

I thought you were using PM yourself?

Advertisement