Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Canceled my game order other day got email off them today saying they won't ship internationally cause the weight.

So hopefully it sends threw parcel motel for everyone else!

Did you get your deposit refunded to your bank or to your game account?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Dair76 wrote: »
    I thought you were using PM yourself?
    Wing126 wrote: »
    Did you get your deposit refunded to your bank or to your game account?

I asked them originally to switch the address to a parcel motel address for me. One of there staff said it was being sorted then i got this reply from another member. They ignored my request basically and told me it wouldnt be shipped internationally at all.

Glad i canceled now cause there customer care is a joke.

Ive seen no sign of any refund on the deposit yet. if i even get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Rikimaru

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Have you got a link to the FAQ?

I can't post links yet - post count isn't high enough.

But if you go to the game store page, and click the Fallout 4 ad that's sort of at the top of the main page, the page it goes to has the different editions of the game and an FAQ.

Rikimaru wrote: »
    I can't post links yet - post count isn't high enough.

But if you go to the game store page, and click the Fallout 4 ad that's sort of at the top of the main page, the page it goes to has the different editions of the game and an FAQ.

http://www.game.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/HubArticleView?hubId=639265&articleId=639266&catalogId=10201&langId=44&storeId=10151&cm_re=home-_-banner-_-Fallout4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

The way the whole thing was handled by GAME was amateurish at best. Still, I'm not sure GameStop would be much better... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,133 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

The way the whole thing was handled by GAME was amateurish at best. Still, I'm not sure GameStop would be much better... :rolleyes:

Ya there the last crowd i wanted to go near in fairness but was my only option.

The even more annoying thing is i reckon it wont even fit my bloody phone now either.

I have the one m9 and according to everything ive read online it wont ****ing fit!!.

Ill pass it on to my brother or mates though if thats the case. Ill see what happen and how it looks if and when i get it from gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Slight tangent but why the Gamestop hate? I've had nothing but good service from them over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

fixxxer wrote: »
    Slight tangent but why the Gamestop hate? I've had nothing but good service from them over the years.

Mainly the extortionate prices, for me.

Mainly the extortionate prices, for me.

Entirely the extortionate prices for me.

I don't willingly support them unless I have no other choice :/

I also hate people who defend the prices by saying **** like "That's how it always is"

It was never this dear for games when HMV used to be a big force.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Entirely the extortionate prices for me.

I don't willingly support them unless I have no other choice :/

I also hate people who defend the prices by saying **** like "That's how it always is"

It was never this dear for games when HMV used to be a big force.

There used to be a time where GameStop prices were competitive, and then corporate greed really set in hard.

If their Irish stores' mission was to drive customers to literally ANY other games retailer, they're doing a fine job. No shortage of cheaper alternatives online, as well as not having to put up with their obsessive shilling.

Games were not always this expensive, even last gen games have gone up in price since 2010.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

HMV used to be a big force but ultimately suffered with the recession. Not defending gamestop but they obviously had their strategy to tread water during the recession and so did HMV and it was HMV that went under - be it due to rents or whatever.

I get frustrated with Gamestop as much as anyone but corporate greed or whatever else means they are still one of the few bricks and mortar shops to survive the last decade of online sales and recessions.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭CiaranW

Ya there the last crowd i wanted to go near in fairness but was my only option.

The even more annoying thing is i reckon it wont even fit my bloody phone now either.

I have the one m9 and according to everything ive read online it wont ****ing fit!!.

Ill pass it on to my brother or mates though if thats the case. Ill see what happen and how it looks if and when i get it from gamestop.

I'm in the same boat as yourself, apparently it's only a few millimeters out though so it may fit!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Am I the only one that find the majority of their staff abhorrent too? Usually bearded hipsters kind of guys, with an over inflated opinion of themselves that think that they know more than anyone on the other side of the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Corvo wrote: »
    Am I the only one that find the majority of their staff abhorrent too? Usually bearded hipsters kind of guys, with an over inflated opinion of themselves that think that they more than anyone on the other side of the counter.

Oddly, the chaps in CEX look much the same, but seem to be much nicer.

Just received an email from GAME, fully expecting it to tell me my order had been cancelled. Instead, it told me that due to a technical issue on their end, they weren't able to take the deposit off me and would instead take the full amount when the game was ready to ship. Well, that's great GAME, except you DID take the deposit. TWICE! I'm still awaiting the refund from the deposit on the first order, which I had to cancel on their advice because of my Irish delivery address. ****ing clowns.

Just received an email from GAME, fully expecting it to tell me my order had been cancelled. Instead, it told me that due to a technical issue on their end, they weren't able to take the deposit off me and would instead take the full amount when the game was ready to ship. Well, that's great GAME, except you DID take the deposit. TWICE! I'm still awaiting the refund from the deposit on the first order, which I had to cancel on their advice because of my Irish delivery address. ****ing clowns.

Wtf, I got that email too about the technical glitch and deposit not being taken but just verified again it was taken. €24.10.

****ing amateurs!

Thankfully I haven't gotten that. I'll go ape**** if I get it and they have taken another 25 quid...

Getting on to their support again. Finding out about the deposit refund. Will report back in a weeks time when I get my reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Got the game email to but haven't had the deposit taken

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Corvo wrote:
    Am I the only one that find the majority of their staff abhorrent too? Usually bearded hipsters kind of guys, with an over inflated opinion of themselves that think that they know more than anyone on the other side of the counter.

I'll take exception to that. My local store are always nice and helpful. Never seen them treat anyone badly.

Got a response from game. I'd you've cancelled the order, message them on Facebook or email them telling them so and include you're order number and they will refund you if you haven't been already refunded.

• Advertisement

Got a response from game. I'd you've cancelled the order, message them on Facebook or email them telling them so and include you're order number and they will refund you if you haven't been already refunded.

Yeah, I talked to them on web chat last week. They said they'd refund the deposit on the first order (which was cancelled), and coincidentally I received an email from them this afternoon saying the refund has been approved and will go through in the next few working days.

However, I'm now unable to log into their website to complain about the other email (which tells me I'll be billed for the full amount in November, for the second order) despite them already having taken a deposit. It tells me my password is incorrect (which is BS), but won't let me change it. They also won't respond on either FB or Twitter... To be honest, I reckon I'll just try to chargeback my debit card and let them go eff themselves, pip boy or no pip boy.

Anyway, onto more interesting matters... Bethesda have released the schedule for the fast approaching QuakeCon. You may have to enter a DOB to read it, but essentially they'll have an exclusive Fallout 4 presentation with Todd Howard on July 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

They only took 16 off me as the pre order

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

fixxxer wrote: »
    I'll take exception to that. My local store are always nice and helpful. Never seen them treat anyone badly.

Agree with you on that one. My local one in Limerick could not be nice. However there is a 2nd one in Limerick and you could be standing up waiting to be served and there talking to there mate and will ignore you

Bit of new Information about the game available in these two threads from Reddit.

Link 1

Link 2

Nice one. Bookmarked for later.

Aye, The conference wasn't live streamed or anything so it's all we can get atm!

Thought I was after posting this here but got mixed up with the other Fallout 4 thread in PC gaming.

I'm sure you guys have also seen the Fallout Anthology collection too by now. That nuke tho :eek: :cool:

https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/624285132963381248/photo/1

Gamestop robbers trying to charge €70 for it when it's RRP is €49.99

Game.co.uk have it for €56

http://www.game.co.uk/en/fallout-anthology-only-at-game-733290?pageSize=40&searchTerm=fallout&catGroupId=

• Advertisement

I'm sure you guys have also seen the Fallout Anthology collection too by now. That nuke tho :eek: :cool:

https://twitter.com/Bethblog/status/624285132963381248/photo/1

Gamestop robbers trying to charge €70 for it when it's RRP is €49.99

Game.co.uk have it for €56

http://www.game.co.uk/en/fallout-anthology-only-at-game-733290?pageSize=40&searchTerm=fallout&catGroupId=

RRP means nothing tbh. I hate Gamestop and their robbing ways, but there's absolutely nothing we can do other than not buy from them.

I have all those games, otherwise I would grab that off Game.co.uk :(

Advertisement