Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Anyone spot any footage of the Quake Con demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Anyone spot any footage of the Quake Con demo?

Nah, I think it was strictly no electronic devices.

Wing126 wrote: »
    Nah, I think it was strictly no electronic devices.

Harsh!

Come to think of it, has anyone else emailed gamestop calling them out on the prices? I feel like maybe if enough people do it, they'll cave.
    Harsh!

Aye it sucks! Hopefully Beth themselves will release footage, but there wasn't even a livestream, just a liveblog!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Come to think of it, has anyone else emailed gamestop calling them out on the prices? I feel like maybe if enough people do it, they'll cave.

Aye it sucks! Hopefully Beth themselves will release footage, but there wasn't even a livestream, just a liveblog!

That won't make a bit of difference. If they can keep turning good profits as a company with their current pricing structure, they will keep doing it, they'd be stupid not to in fact. You have to also consider they're an American company, and their market share in the U.S. is massive, much more dominant than here, so they can get away with the extortionate prices. Just don't give them your business, it's all you can do, and if you can buy a game cheaper somewhere else, why bother complaining?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can't understand why they wouldn't let people record fallout footage :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭LuckyFinigan

Gamestop are doing one last round of preorders for the collectors edition online, get em while their still there.
    https://www.gamestop.ie/SearchResult/QuickSearch?platform=&rootGenre=&age=&listSkus=246946%2C247053%2C246906

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Can't understand why they wouldn't let people record fallout footage :confused:

Quake Con is a very intimate event in terms of game conferences. Only 9000 people were at it last year, I'd say a similar number were in attendance this year, and less of them were in the Fallout presentation.

Bethesda probably wanted the footage to be special for those in attendance.

Like Comic-Con trailers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Jesus. GAME's support is truly horrendous.

Have you tried actually ringing them yourself?

yup, rang them 2 or 3 weeks ago , at 4.20 on a friday when work was a bit quiet. was on hold 60+ mins on the one line, while on the other line i took calls and worked away on e-mails.
    i hung up and went home when they closed up the office at 5.35
    Really think the mass effect dialogue system is a major regression. There was absolutely nothing wrong with the text box and silent protagonist!! I like to know exactly what my characters going to say and not try and guess of a couple of words. If it's not broke don't fix it.

This is **** news....
    Really really ****

i don't like it for aiming, if i want to practice my skill at aiming ill play Counter strike.
    hopefully it will be REALLY REALLY slow - like slower than how slow that new GTA games goes when your changing radio station.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Bethesda have confirmed that there is no level cap and the game doesn't end when the main story is over

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/6/9110439/fallout-4-story-level-cap-keep-playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Bethesda have confirmed that there is no level cap and the game doesn't end when the main story is over

Brilliant. That annoyed me with the original F3 and FNV ending.

This is very welcome news! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Brilliant. That annoyed me with the original F3 and FNV ending.
    Made sense in NV. It would have been stupid for you to continue and still be attacked by Legionnaires and the NCR (or whomever you didn't side with), as well as all the upheaval that would have happened quite rapidly after the second battle of Hoover Dam. F3 it would have just been making the water supply non-irradiated, pretty easy to code for.

As for the level cap being removed, I'm conflicted. Happy because I can keep levelling up but sad because it's moving away more from it's roots. Tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Always mod the cap off anyway. Usually stop playing or start new character before I get OP, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Slightly off topic but anyone at Dublin Comic Con today, make sure you head to the Wasteland Festival upstairs in the far corner. You swap pre-war money (euros) for bottle caps and use them on games. Highlight of DCC for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Great to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

FALLOUT: SHELTER is hereeeeeeeeeee for Android! :D

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter

Initially installed it on my Nexus 5 but then said nah I'd prefer big screen and mouse over touchscreen :D

UVG9aLS.jpg?2

(bluestacks android emulator for PC)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

You're a legend Misky! Wasn't coming up for me when i searched the store on my phone. Installed fine with that link. Time to run some mental experiments on my subjects!

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    You're a legend Misky! Wasn't coming up for me when i searched the store on my phone. Installed fine with that link. Time to run some mental experiments on my subjects!

I had forgotten all about it then remembered all of a sudden it was out today. Searched for it, no sign. Few minutes later, it was live. Good timing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Its free? hooray!

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Its free? hooray!

Yeah it's free. There are purchasable 'lunchboxes' which give you random items but you don't actually need them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Phone battery took a hammering today. I'm working hard boss I swear.

Am I just really stupid or can I not find Fallout Shelter on the Play store? I'm trying to get it working with Bluestacks emulator, but can't find it listed anywhere. Harrumph. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Am I just really stupid or can I not find Fallout Shelter on the Play store? I'm trying to get it working with Bluestacks emulator, but can't find it listed anywhere. Harrumph. Any ideas?

Didn't show up in the store for me, but MiskyBoyy's link above worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

OSI wrote: »
    Not showing up in search results, but the entry still exists:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter&hl=en

Wonder have they pulled it for a while.

Beat me to it :)

So I wonder how to tie that in with the Bluestacks emulator ... The device I have currently isn't good enough to run it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Works in the store for me it's just not at the top of the searches scroll down a bit.

Advertisement