Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

The amount of utter trash on the Play store is incredible. Makes me wonder if I should do a quick Java course and start pumping crap like that out myself, or is it all being churned out in less developed countries for a dollar a day?

Got it working.

For anyone interested, go to the link provided here in the browser on BlueStacks, then just download and install like you normally would through the Play Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Am I just really stupid or can I not find Fallout Shelter on the Play store? I'm trying to get it working with Bluestacks emulator, but can't find it listed anywhere. Harrumph. Any ideas?
    OSI wrote: »
    Not showing up in search results, but the entry still exists:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutshelter&hl=en

Wonder have they pulled it for a while.

If you search Fallout Shelter, then click MORE on Apps. Scroll down to #21 and there it is.

It will probably jump to #1 as soon as they update market listings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Jaysus this is addictive! Another Babby on the way which will bring me to 20 dwellers and will be able to open my radio station. Great idea by Bethesda, was already mad top play FO4 but this app is just ramping it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Careful with the radio room. The game load screen said you are far more likely to get attacked by a Deathclaw when you have one. Loving the shelter game, pretty basic and fun. One really annoying bit is when Raiders attack. You have to keep clicking your guys to chase them around. I only have 5 or 6 guns and 30 dwellers so obviously I'd prefer the guys with the guns to be doing the fighting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Careful with the radio room. The game load screen said you are far more likely to get attacked by a Deathclaw when you have one. Loving the shelter game, pretty basic and fun. One really annoying bit is when Raiders attack. You have to keep clicking your guys to chase them around. I only have 5 or 6 guns and 30 dwellers so obviously I'd prefer the guys with the guns to be doing the fighting.

You don't have to have a guy follow them around. Just change who has the gun. Still means a good few clicks but your guys are all still in their correct rooms at the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

matrim wrote: »
    You don't have to have a guy follow them around. Just change who has the gun. Still means a good few clicks but your guys are all still in their correct rooms at the end

They all swap back to their original rooms far as I can tell which is neat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

They all swap back to their original rooms far as I can tell which is neat.

Yeah during a rush or attack you can assign people to different rooms then they all go back as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Got some lad who looks like Jason from Halloween from a lunch box he kicks bums

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

matrim wrote: »

A much easier way is to be clever in how you plan out your valut.

I have mine set up so its vault entrance - lift - 3 room diner with 6 people working there and armed with the best weapons I have. Raiders never last long and sure as hell dont make it back out to wander around the lower levels causing trouble :) You need to destroy the living quarters the intro make you build once you get full control of the game.

It also worth doing some trial runs to try and farming some rare items from the starter lock boxes the game throws at you at the start. Got lucky and got 2 damage 22 alien guns which destroy everything on wasteland runs.

• Advertisement

If anyone's interested in a save file for Fallout Shelter with 1000 lunchboxes & 30 Mr. Handy's then look no further: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3gz5t9/behold_fallout_shelter_vaultsav_with_over_1000/

Save file and video tutorial if you don't know where to find the save files for the game too.

It will of course take most of the challenge out of the game so it's fun to have as a secondary vault.

Btw, is there a Fallout Shelter thread to keep this one clean of shelter talk?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Btw, is there a Fallout Shelter thread to keep this one clean of shelter talk?

I think there was one over in Mobile Games at one point.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone ever bought anything from www.thegamecollection.net?

Was looking to buy Fallout 4 from them via Parcel Motel. £36.85 (€51.88 + €3.95 parcel motel collection)

Cheapest I've found it anywhere but wondering if it's too good to be true?

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone ever bought anything from www.thegamecollection.net?

Was looking to buy Fallout 4 from them via Parcel Motel. £36.85 (€51.88 + €3.95 parcel motel collection)

Cheapest I've found it anywhere but wondering if it's too good to be true?

Know nothing about that site but this site I can vouch for and is about the same price:

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/search.php?c=Video_Games&k=fallout+4

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus what a letdown Fallout shelter is, I thought the whole point of building up the Vault was to send wanderers out into the Wasterland to explore but there is no exploration, the distance meter just climbs upwards over an animation of them running, its all the excitement of watching a stopwatch app. It really embodies what a pointless and bland experience that gaming has become on mobile, utter tedium.

This guy sums it up:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2015/08/13/a-warning-to-new-fallout-shelter-players-on-android/

Jaysus you just reminded me I had a guy out exploring i completely forgot about! Checked on him there and he was out 5 hours and got me 3 guns and 3 outfits. As soon as he gets back I'm putting him in the living quarters with every female in my vault so he has his choice of the ladies :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I had the 1 guy with the highest charm and a C+ outfit impregnate EVERY lady in my bunker.
    That is his job, he mans the radio because he has high charm...then...when they pop a baby...he goes and impregnates them again. Whether it's his children or grandchildren, they all get some. They have names like Incesticus and Incestua etc

But yeah, there is nothing really else much to do except build a bigger vault. I started 2 days ago, have about 40 dwellers (courtesy of Mr.Spermbank) and everyone is equipped with weapons and outfits.

Is my goal just to build a bigger vault ? till it hits capacity ?

Edit : just read the review, everything he said confirms what I thought.....unfortunately.
    Maybe I'll uninstall the game tomorrow so :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yep same here, after a few hours I was thinking 'is this it?' OK back to the Simpsons tapped out it is so.

Looks very well but as you experience everything over a relatively short time and the goal is to just make the vault bigger to keep it going it wont be something I fire up everyday.

god's toy wrote: »
    Yep same here, after a few hours I was thinking 'is this it?' OK back to the Simpsons tapped out it is so.

Looks very well but as you experience everything over a relatively short time and the goal is to just make the vault bigger to keep it going it wont be something I fire up everyday.

I thought the simpsons and Jurassic park were just as bad. Gave up on the Simpsons a long time ago.
    Before I delete the game I'll send all my vault dwellers into the wasteland to die

My end goal is to make the Nuka Cola factory. I need 100 dwellers for it.

I had been avoiding all FO4 leaked stuff from Gamescon but playing this has made me want to know everything. Also, in FO4, since you can make your own little town/hub and have people stay there like merchants, you have to provide them with electricity, water and food so I'd say with the app, Bethesda are just preparing people for a similar mechanic in the main game.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    . Also, in FO4, since you can make your own little town/hub and have people stay there like merchants, you have to provide them with electricity, water and food .

What ? really ? :(

I've not been reading anything or checking blogs, speculation or videos as I want the game to be fresh....and not see anything I expected (which you can get from doing the aforementioned )

I don't want to have to take care of a town or make it ...sounds like Assassins Creed when they added all that.
    I'm sure they'll implement it well enough in however they do it though. Optional as well no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Optional as well no doubt.

100% optional.

I am looking forward to being king of the land.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to having my own 'Republic of Dave'. I don't like in games where raiders attack your 'hood' and you have to stop everything you're doing to go back and help but you can set up turrets so hopefully they'll take care of bidness.

It's class though that every single piece of junk you pick up can be used in some way whether to help build your settlememtn or upgrade your guns, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I thought the simpsons and Jurassic park were just as bad. Gave up on the Simpsons a long time ago.
    Before I delete the game I'll send all my vault dwellers into the wasteland to die

Yep the Simpsons can become repetitive but it does get new dialogue/events every few weeks so if your a fan of the writers it keeps ya coming back... Me anyway.

Zero-Cool wrote: »

It's class though that every single piece of junk you pick up can be used in some way whether to help build your settlememtn or upgrade your guns, etc.

Except a motorbike !
    Every game there a parts of bikes and old motorbikes lying around, I know you can fast travel....but as end game content maybe a bike would be brilliant :)
    Oh sure there are plasma rifles, and rocketships, and GECKs and Stasis chambers...but any chance of an ol motorbike....please ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I had the 1 guy with the highest charm and a C+ outfit impregnate EVERY lady in my bunker.
    That is his job, he mans the radio because he has high charm...then...when they pop a baby...he goes and impregnates them again. Whether it's his children or grandchildren, they all get some. They have names like Incesticus and Incestua etc

:pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

For those with money to burn, Gamestop have Fallout loot
    Fallout4_GSEXCL_SOLO_IE.jpg

I'll have to watch some of these vids later, a guy went through New Vegas and it's DLC's all on 1 health bar never healing (using stimpacks, visiting doctors, fixing limbs). Sounds mental!

http://kotaku.com/hero-completes-fallout-new-vegas-run-that-nobody-thoug-1724489815

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

For those with money to burn, Gamestop have Fallout loot
    Fallout4_GSEXCL_SOLO_IE.jpg

So what is it? Do we get it for pre-ordering Fallout, or do we have to buy it seperately?

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    So what is it? Do we get it for pre-ordering Fallout, or do we have to buy it seperately?

Buy it for €34.99

Advertisement