Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

The combat/gameplay was muck - that said I quite liked the characters, the dialogue and the story behind it all. It had it's moments.

I stuck with it and finshed it but didn't enjoy it. The collar mechanic was annoying. I never put many points into melee skills so that and lack of ammo made things awkward. The story and characters were good and the ideas good in theory but they didn't make for an enjoyable experience.

They did change these in the later dlc. You can leave and bring items forward and back etc. It does make the new weaker weapons almost pointless though. The last dlc had weapons that were just too weak for the enemies so never got used.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The combat/gameplay was muck - that said I quite liked the characters, the dialogue and the story behind it all. It had it's moments.

And that was the only DLC I bought, never finished it and wasn't sure if I was burnt out of New Vegas, was the DLC not very good, or both.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,588 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Fallout 3 had excellent DLC overall but New Vegas was hit and miss. Old World Blues was absolutely brilliant though.

Point Lookout to me was the best DLC for Fallout 3/NV, if not one of the best pieces of DLC in recent years: a whole new map to explore, with its own history, tone, aesthetic etc. It was tough as nails - arguably too tough - but had so many little corners to explore & was beautifully put together. Spent ages on that map. Never had a chance to play Dragonborn for Skyrim, which seemed about on the same scale, but hopefully Fallout 4 DLC remains as generous & well thought out as Lookout

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

pixelburp wrote: »
    Point Lookout to me was the best DLC for Fallout 3/NV, if not one of the best pieces of DLC in recent years: a whole new map to explore, with its own history, tone, aesthetic etc. It was tough as nails - arguably too tough

Man, those hillbillys with the hatchets used to destroy me on my first few playthroughs

Good times

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

they were a serious jump in difficulty alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Sad to hear no ThreeDog in Fallout 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

x43r0 wrote: »
    Man, those hillbillys with the hatchets used to destroy me on my first few playthroughs

Good times

I remember my first few encounters with them.

"I've killed super mutants and deathclaws, a lunatic with no teeth or shirt should be simple" - NOPE!

Stupid swamp-folk.
    god's toy wrote: »

Someone said he was booted after he tweeted about him appearing in the next Fallout game a few years back. Although that is just a rumour.

Also a possibility that there's too much of a distance between Washington and Boston for a signal to reach considering at the start of F3 the signal barely reaches Megaton.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

hated that guy !
    i think i killed him been a while.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

It's odd considering he'd been dropping hints about it on twitter a while before it was officially announced. Of course he mightnt have actually known and was just doing it for attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

It's odd considering he'd been dropping hints about it on twitter a while before it was officially announced. Of course he mightnt have actually known and was just doing it for attention.

Yep could be. I see they still have the radio station however as I've seen the GNN flags in the preview vids... Perhaps they have a mission retrieving his lost tapes or something. Or maybe nothing to do with him at all.
    Still, I was looking forward to hearing his voice and music picks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Still, I was looking forward to hearing his voice and music picks.
    I had some mod that added about 200 relevant tunes [Westerns & nuclear related]. I loved it :D

I am now seriously thinking of taking the week after the release off work :P

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Perception.

LOL at
    'build a long-distance relationship'

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭scrapsmac

Bit late to the party but is the pipboy edition sold out everywhere? I'm really annoyed I didn't get in on time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Shougeki wrote: »
    I had some mod that added about 200 relevant tunes [Westerns & nuclear related]. I loved it :D

I meet your week off and raise you three weeks! :cool: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

madcabbage wrote: »
    I meet your week off and raise you three weeks! :cool: :pac:

Snap! Off from the 6th of November until the 28th! Yurt!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Shougeki wrote: »

There are some good playlists on Spotify that have all the songs and similar ones.

Snap! Off from the 6th of November until the 28th! Yurt!

Well all I'm gonna say is that it's a waste of a weeks holiday if you are really taking it off for a game. Though we are coming near the end of the year I suppose.

We are all saying yeah...I have a week off !! ....I have 2 weeks.....but then someone on the dole will come along and let us know the government and our taxes are paying for his game...and he has all the time he wants off :P
    I know I'd be delaying finding a new job until a month or two after fallout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Well all I'm gonna say is that it's a waste of a weeks holiday if you are really taking it off for a game. Though we are coming near the end of the year I suppose.

Yeah. I still have 20 days left to use by end of year, so not really a waste. I am going to wait until the Monday after until to make sure any bugs are ironed out :P
    BTW does anyone know if previous saves will be used/needed?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i really doubt it, seems like the story is starting off fresh with the new character

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Idiot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Thargor wrote: »
    Wow only 20 days left to release! I still always think of this as off in the far future for some reason.

Will give it the usual month or so to get a few patches and tweaks onboard though.

It's November 10th it's released - don't do that to me!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Doh!

Thargor wrote: »
    Doh!

We'll blame the Yanks.

7 weeks from tomorrow, so 50 days (I think) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

So... Supposing you aren't getting the super mega pre release deal and just want a normal copy of the game (PS4 for me)... Where are you getting it?

I have no intention of being fleeced by GameStop.

Where's good value? Happy to order in advance for release day copy.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Amazon are usually priced pretty well. £42.99 at the moment, compared to €74.99 on Gamestop.

I'll probably go with HMV or Xtra Vision. Not sure of prices, but I'd sooner give them the money than GS.

Kiith wrote: »
    Amazon are usually priced pretty well. £42.99 at the moment, compared to €74.99 on Gamestop.

For Digital Download.

On the PSN and Xbox Market Place they seem to be marked down as €70 for pre-orders while Steam clocks it in at €59.99

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

XtraFalcon wrote: »
    For Digital Download.

On the PSN and Xbox Market Place they seem to be marked down as €70 for pre-orders while Steam clocks it in at €59.99

€50 for me on XB1 digital by way of Singapore :pac:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    €50 for me on XB1 digital by way of Singapore :pac:

I remember buying a Dragon Age 2 code from some Hong Kong shop on Amazon before and ended up getting a code for Mortal Kombat 2011 pre-order stuff, took about 3 weeks to try and get the issue sorted, really not worth it.

So I decided to stick to official channels from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I pre-ordered it on PC as soon as the game was announced for €30

• Advertisement

I pre-ordered it on PC as soon as the game was announced for €30
    Where?

Advertisement