Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Proud to be one too........ye big bunch of smartasses

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Started college this week so dont know when ill get too play this :/

I wouldn't worry too much. I started college when Skyrim came out.

As a result, in a lot of Christmas photos that year my eyes were bloodshot to hell and had Raccoon-styled bags under my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

I do this too, then I have to put everything away. The chest for weapons, chest for armour etc. Pre-war money gets thrown on the bed though. Cant remember what else I collected just to have a huge pile of it. Think it was teddy bears.
    I amassed a mighty collection of plungers in my Megaton gafs bathroom. By the end, I was more excited searching toilet stalls for plungers than I would be getting unique weapons :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Baron McBoomBoom

I was caught out by 3 and Vegas. This time Im gonna wait a month or 2 for them to work out the inevitable launch bugs before I invest my money and time into it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

just posted this over in pcgaming

the character system teaser
    Fallout_4_Perk_Poster_730x.jpg

source

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

just posted this over in pcgaming

the character system teaser
    Fallout_4_Perk_Poster_730x.jpg

Where can I buy this in poster form ?! :eek::rolleyes::)

comes as part of the hardcopy preorder afaik

yeah,
    PS - One more thing – we really love the idea of putting the Perk poster on our own wall, and think you will too. So every physical pre-order copy of Fallout 4 will come with one!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Perk system is so much more linear compared to precious games which is boring to be honest. I'm sure the game will still be great though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Where's the best place to preorder this on PS4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

faceman wrote: »
    Where's the best place to preorder this on PS4?

The Games Collection is the cheapest and quickest to deliver but they have run out of stock of the PS4 version already. I tried to order from them 2 weeks ago. They still have their Xbox One allocation for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Perk system is so much more linear compared to precious games which is boring to be honest. I'm sure the game will still be great though

It's actually not. There were loads of perks they had requirements before. It's pretty much identical to Fallout 3.....it's just presented neatier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I like how they are changing perks. It look like you will be leveling your SPECIAL stats more. Did someone mention there isn't a level cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Kirby wrote: »
    It's actually not. There were loads of perks they had requirements before. It's pretty much identical to Fallout 3.....it's just presented neatier.

You're wrong. In the previous games there are perks that require investment in multiple stats, and some even require a skill level ontop of the stats. In Fallout 4's system perks are tied to how high a single stat is, that's it. So yeah, its more linear. But you're right it is presented very neatly and the multiple ranks of each perk could be interesting

I ordered my copy from Amazon and will use Parcel Motel. It came to about £41 (€55 at the moment), with the added €3.90 PM fee, so just under €60 all considered. If anyone can recommend somewhere better for the PS4, I'll cancel that one - great thing about Amazon is that I won't be charged before the package gets dispatched. Unlikely I'd find a better offer in a bricks and mortar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Fallout 4 will only be 28.12GB on Xbox ONE. Probably about the same on PS4 so.

That's a lot smaller than I expected. I was thinking around the average 40gb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Sounds small considering the amount of supposed landscape and detail.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Sounds small considering the amount of supposed landscape and detail.

Doesn't sound like much but then again The Witcher 3 is about the same at 30gbish and that's incredible so nothing to worry about I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

Theyre saving space for the patches.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

more than 3 times bigger than the size of Skyrim without any expansions/mods - i think that's a fairly massive world right there

• Advertisement

more than 3 times bigger than the size of Skyrim without any expansions/mods - i think that's a fairly massive world right there

Well I'm super excited for it anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

hopefully not as dull and bland as skyrim

strelok wrote: »
    hopefully not as dull and bland as skyrim

lol - diff'rent strokes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

CombatCow wrote: »

Loving the videos so far :)

Hmm, 13.37 lenght on the first video - i wonder if they did that on purpose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I ordered my copy from Amazon and will use Parcel Motel. It came to about £41 (€55 at the moment), with the added €3.90 PM fee, so just under €60 all considered. If anyone can recommend somewhere better for the PS4, I'll cancel that one - great thing about Amazon is that I won't be charged before the package gets dispatched. Unlikely I'd find a better offer in a bricks and mortar shop.

Im buying from The Games Collection http://www.thegamecollection.net/ using Parcel Motel. Works out about the same price €55-€56. Doubt you will find a better offer.

€52.61 if you pay in Sterling.

€53.31 if you pay in Euro from Gameseek.co.uk

Includes delivery to ROI.

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/videogamesjm1wfcmvu8/ps4-fallout-4

• Advertisement

Hmm.. so realistically we won't be looking at any lower than €50 for PS4/consoles? Think I might stick with my Amazon preorder.

Advertisement