Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I <3 my nuke :D

MA1s2Ig.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice!

Gamestop have some online if anyone wants one, and reduced to €59.99 too https://www.gamestop.ie/PC/Games/53675/fallout-anthology-gamestop-exclusive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I <3 my nuke :D

MA1s2Ig.jpg?1

Damn now I want one!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Oh I want!

Well done :)

• Advertisement

You gotta hear the sound it makes, love the ka-ching at the end :D

(sorry for vertical :o )

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I need that Fallout Ka-Ching for notifications now.

Thargor wrote: »
    I need that Fallout Ka-Ching for notifications now.

Search "Pipboy email" on Zedge app :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Hmmm, should I use this as a reason to beef up to a GTX970 4GB?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Don't even own a pc (peasant I know), but I really want that nuke. I'm actually convincing myself the nuke alone is worth it :D

• Advertisement

Just pre ordered from gameseek.
    never bought from them before.
    Should I expect to get the game on the release day or do they post that day?
    Going to be the first time playing a fallout on console too........I know I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

If you used parcel motel you should be good. For example I got the Nathan drake collection to my parcel motel yesterday and that's the norm for me.

Just pre ordered from gameseek.
    never bought from them before.
    Should I expect to get the game on the release day or do they post that day?
    Going to be the first time playing a fallout on console too........I know I know!

Not sure if they post any earlier for Irish customers but I know for UK customers they post a day or 2 before release to make sure it arrives on release date.

CombatCow wrote: »
    If you used parcel motel you should be good. For example I got the Nathan drake collection to my parcel motel yesterday and that's the norm for me.

I didn't consider using PM because they offer Irish shipping for £2.
    Might book the Friday of that week off :D
    I'm sure I'll have it by then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Sure, generally I find delivery slowdown happens when it gets into an post's hands, that's why I choose parcel motel.

Plus PM offer an amazingly reliable service with fantastic accountability. Plus the ease of access.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Dunno if the official system requirements have been posted here yet. Heavy on the processor if these are accurate.

Minimum:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
    8 GB RAM
    30 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
    Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
    8 GB RAM
    30 GB free HDD space
    NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

CPU requirements are pretty normal, wouldn't pay any attention to those recommended, most games have i7's in their recommended despite the vast majority of games showing zero improvement with an i7 over an i5 (unless you have a 1K graphics card setup, and even then it's only a few frames). I'm sure even a 4th gen i3 would be perfect for the game.

Requirements are off though, a 550Ti and 7870 are worlds apart, they can't both be the minimum requirement for the game. The 550Ti struggles to play modern games at low-medium settings, the 7870 is good for high settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Was gonna get this delivered through Parcel Motel, just registered and it says my delivery address is Dublin? Is this how it works? And then sends it to the Dropbox location I chose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Look closer there is a UK address
    If you're using PM (Just) for the uk delivery address only then your delivery address given to the shipper has to be the UK one and not the dublin one.

Once your stuff is delivered to the UK one it is then forwarded on to the PM box you requested for your collection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

Cant wait to get my pip boy edition delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

I think PM will be busy come Nov 10 with deliveries. I never new there was a PM Dropbox so close to me handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I actually have to get a PS4 for Fallout. I see that there's a new version of it out now, the c chassis. Anyone here have that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I actually have to get a PS4 for Fallout. I see that there's a new version of it out now, the c chassis. Anyone here have that one?

Its the CH1200 version. Little to no difference, it's draws a little less power, runs a little cooler and as a result the fans don't need to run as much. It's also a bit lighter weight wise.

Put it side by side with an older model you would not be able to tell the difference unless you looked at the finish on the hard drive covers.

Its the CH1200 version. Little to no difference, it's draws a little less power, runs a little cooler and as a result the fans don't need to run as much. It's also a bit lighter weight wise.

Put it side by side with an older model you would not be able to tell the difference unless you looked at the finish on the hard drive covers.

Yeah it sounds better in those ways. I see it's available as a bundle with COD Black Ops 3 and the new Stars Wars game. COD is out before Fallout, Star Wars is a bit later on. Might just go with the COD bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Yeah it sounds better in those ways. I see it's available as a bundle with COD Black Ops 3 and the new Stars Wars game. COD is out before Fallout, Star Wars is a bit later on. Might just go with the COD bundle.

It's with the Uncharted bundles out now too.

It's with the Uncharted bundles out now too.

Never played that series actually. I'd feel guilty if I got that one! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just booked November 10-13 off work. Let's go!

Just booked November 10-13 off work. Let's go!

I like your approach to life, sir! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

So impatient for this I'm thinking of buying an old xbox 360 and getting fallout 3 going til 11 november :D

Advertisement