Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

madcabbage wrote: »
    Preordered for €35 with CDKeys which is near enough. Im sure there'll be more offers like that to come.

Still 35quid-ish on comparison site AllKeyShop

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think I'll pay the extra €15 on Steam to be able to pre-load it and play it at midnight on the 10th.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yeah, think I'm gonna get this on PSN. PS4 is jam packed already but I can't see myself trading this in, will get to play it at midnight (hopefully) and looks to cost the same as in a store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Anyone visiting New Zealand to unlock it 11am on the 9th?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Since Bethesda games are buggy messes on release I honestly don't mind waiting quite a while for things to get patched and updated. Will be a while before mods come around, too. I wonder if there will be a mod to have more than 4 dialogue options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Anyone visiting New Zealand to unlock it 11am on the 9th?

I reckon New Zealand servers will be visited by millions of eager tourists on November 9th. The Koreans will probably experience a similar load too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

This thread is going to die a hell of a death when everyone gets their hands on it. I'm thinking about it but I'm not sure I'm ready for a game this big.
    It'll be like Morrowind all over again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It'll be like Morrowind all over again!

You say that like it's a bad thing :pac:

Kiith wrote: »
    You say that like it's a bad thing :pac:
    For me it was, the game was so big I didn't know what to do.
    I ended up becoming a free running Khajiit thief that just went around doing shady deals, never finished any quest line as I was too weak and kept dying. :o

I was an amazing thief though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

For me it was, the game was so big I didn't know what to do.
    I ended up becoming a free running Khajiit thief that just went around doing shady deals, never finished any quest line as I was too weak and kept dying. :o

I was an amazing thief though.

Classic Aaron! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I just hope its not broken when it releases, Im going to force myself to give it a week or two to see, I seriously feel like theres something missing from my life some evenings since I finished Witcher III, I need a game to get immersed in again but dont want to start anything because I know Ill drop it for Fallout.

What are Bethesda like for releasing unfinished games then patching?

Classic Aaron! :D
    Well I had to make a living somehow. Wasn't cut out to be a saviour or a merc. :pac:

Well I had to make a living somehow. Wasn't cut out to be a saviour or a merc. :pac:

A harsh truth! :pac:

Thargor wrote: »
    I just hope its not broken when it releases, Im going to force myself to give it a week or two to see, I seriously feel like theres something missing from my life some evenings since I finished Witcher III, I need a game to get immersed in again but dont want to start anything because I know Ill drop it for Fallout.

What are Bethesda like for releasing unfinished games then patching?
    Their stuff is usually in working order but this looks like it will have a lot of moving parts which
    means there is the possibility for something to go wrong.
    Best to wait and see I think but I'll be surprised if it all goes wrong.
    A harsh truth! :pac:
    I made up for it in Skyrim with an unstoppable beast of a character.
    His only weaknesses were fire and gravity.

I made up for it in Skyrim with an unstoppable beast of a character.
    His only weaknesses were fire and gravity.

My man! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

There's something beautiful about that music in that video...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Are there any planned midnight sales for this in Ireland? I'd say elsewhere does, i'm just curious :)

Are there any planned midnight sales for this in Ireland? I'd say elsewhere does, i'm just curious :)

I hope so!

Order with the Game Collection and have it delivered to Parcel Motel, you'll most likely have it the night before release day and much cheaper than bricks and mortar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Order with the Game Collection and have it delivered to Parcel Motel, you'll most likely have it the night before release day and much cheaper than bricks and mortar.

Yeah, that's pretty good assuming their currency conversion is proper. £36.85 = €50.04 and €3.99(?) PM = €54.03.

Is this a reliable outfit though? First time i've heard them mentioned is in this thread. Have people used them before? Why is it so cheap?

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yeah, that's pretty good assuming their currency conversion is proper. £36.85 = €50.04 and €3.99(?) PM = €54.03.

Is this a reliable outfit though? First time i've heard them mentioned is in this thread. Have people used them before? Why is it so cheap?

I've received four games off them in the last two months and had no problems. Every game has either been delivered to PM the night before or two days before.

No idea why they're so cheap but they are and seem to be consistently cheaper than most online retailers. Trustpilot rating is 9.7 based on 3000 reviews and they won some Video Game retailer awards in 2013 and 2014.

I've said this in other threads but I pre-order all my games with them now, they're incredibly reliable. Can't recommend them enough.

I've received four games off them in the last two months and had no problems. Every game has either been delivered to PM the night before or two days before.

No idea why they're so cheap but they are and seem to be consistently cheaper than most online retailers. Trustpilot rating is 9.7 based on 3000 reviews and they won some Video Game retailer awards in 2013 and 2014.

I've said this in other threads but I pre-order all my games with them now, they're incredibly reliable. Can't recommend them enough.

I just looked them up now. The price is amazing I must say, so much cheaper than local shops.

Have you ever used them for delivering to your home address? If so, do they still get the game to you on the day of release?

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

There's something beautiful about that music in that video...

Really suits the mood. Those Super Mutants looked great!

I just looked them up now. The price is amazing I must say, so much cheaper than local shops.

Have you ever used them for delivering to your home address? If so, do they still get the game to you on the day of release?

I used them once to deliver to home. I ordered MGS on a Thursday, it shipped on the Thursday afternoon and I received it on the Monday, the day before release date. I do think this might have been an exception to the rule though as my other games I ordered arrived the night before release date to my Parcel Motel (around 10/11pm it'd delivered to my locker in Blackrock)

Fallout is out on a Tuesday though so the odds of it being delivered on release day to a home address at the latest are pretty good (another reason I use PM is that if it misses release date which is usually a Friday, it'll most likely be there to collect on the Saturday whereas a missed delivery to home on a Friday means Monday!).

I used them once to deliver to home. I ordered MGS on a Thursday, it shipped on the Thursday afternoon and I received it on the Monday, the day before release date. I do think this might have been an exception to the rule though as my other games I ordered arrived the night before release date to my Parcel Motel (around 10/11pm it'd delivered to my locker in Blackrock)

Fallout is out on a Tuesday though so the odds of it being delivered on release day to a home address at the latest are pretty good (another reason I use PM is that if it misses release date which is usually a Friday, it'll most likely be there to collect on the Saturday whereas a missed delivery to home on a Friday means Monday!).

I'm tempted to take a gamble with them!

I'm tempted to take a gamble with them!

Ah I definitely would. I know getting games at midnight is ideal and I've been that way since I started gaming but when you compare their prices of around €50 to Gamestop/HMV at €75, it's just not worth it. And using TGC, I've not received anything yet later than the night before release date so I'd say definitely take the gamble.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I ordered with amazon works out at 54 and will have it for friday but dunno when ill get too play it .

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Post 1551, already posted bud, great trailer tho :)

Advertisement